#451 Posted by bkbass (2 posts) -

A lot of how Patrick handles himself on the podcast and in his writing bothers me. I can't trust him for any unbiased news.

#452 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

I relate to the gb crew more than the community :P

#453 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

@bkbass said:

A lot of how Patrick handles himself on the podcast and in his writing bothers me. I can't trust him for any unbiased news.

I don't think he ever sought to deliver news without putting himself in it. That's the whole point of this site: personalities infused into content.

#454 Posted by TheStandardToaster (119 posts) -

Overall opinions of the side mission of AC3. While I agree that there isn't necessarily a reason to do them in the game besides a costume. I did them because they were fun to do and to me running around the world was exciting.

#455 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

They are game journalists! I vehemently disagree with all of them by default.

#456 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Fez and Syndicate aren't really that good.

Also I'm interested in how they treat Ni No Kuni next week. Will they completely write it off like they have many other JRPGs?

Their sweeping bias in favor of iOS, as opposed to Android, is also pretty glaringly obvious. They've all but dismissed Android as having any gaming capabilities, but neglect that games on Android are just fine, and they even have a Humble Indie Bundle of their own.

They also don't give a shit about Pokemon. But I can understand that. :b

I personally agree with Giant Bomb way more than basically any other gaming site out there overall, really. I was pissed when Polygon completely passed over XCOM: Enemy Unknown but gushed with love for Spelunky during their own GOTY "deliberations."

#457 Posted by illegalnull (112 posts) -

Any skeptic of Apple Pie w/cheddar cheese is not to be trusted! (old or nippy cheddar of course)

#458 Posted by Iceland (163 posts) -

Jeff's hatred of onions. Onions are the foods of the gods!

The way they shipped Hitman: absolution to Alex and talked about it for all of half a minute on the bombcast, it was a major release. Brad and Ryan's opinon that that game isn't worth playing. (It's bad, but it's bad in interesting ways)

Patrick's opinion that talking about sports on the bombcast is something that should be done.

#459 Posted by applet0n (652 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

Patrick trying his hardest to agree with what he believes is the majority. I get that if there's a majority opinion on something, there's typically a reason for it. I find myself usually having pretty safe opinions on stuff. However, the way he presents his case on a lot of subjects makes him come across as desperate to show his liberal progressive attitude and/or a sense of belonging to a majority group. One example of his progressive attitude is bringing up The Walking Dead game having a black protagonist like it's a big deal. I'm all for equal representation, but it isn't the 50's. We don't live in a society were a black protagonist is a crazy idea.

#460 Posted by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

@MisterWaingro said:

Any time Brad tries to argue that fighting games are less compelling viewing experiences in the competitive sense than RTS or MOBA games.

Brad acting like a bitch about ME3 spoilers when it took him a year to play it, but eager to spoil anything he's beaten, with an utter impatience for anyone else that hasn't.

Alex being cynical about everything despite having an awesome job.

That's it.

I think you're confusing him with Patrick who spoils things with reckless abandon. Actually I'll add that to my list of peeves. If anything Brad is super passive about NOT wanting to spoil things.

#461 Posted by sodapop7 (204 posts) -

Anything they said about the Hobbit and the love for Saint's Row 3.

Oh and a lot of the opinions Jeff has stated recently.

#462 Posted by sodapop7 (204 posts) -

@sdharrison: I am very glad you are not on the Bombcast

#463 Posted by TheHT (10933 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

@MisterWaingro said:

Any time Brad tries to argue that fighting games are less compelling viewing experiences in the competitive sense than RTS or MOBA games.

Brad acting like a bitch about ME3 spoilers when it took him a year to play it, but eager to spoil anything he's beaten, with an utter impatience for anyone else that hasn't.

Alex being cynical about everything despite having an awesome job.

That's it.

I think you're confusing him with Patrick who spoils things with reckless abandon. Actually I'll add that to my list of peeves. If anything Brad is super passive about NOT wanting to spoil things.

he was gonna spoil a moment from DmC before everyone else told him "the game comes out today, you can't be droppin spoilers about it".

#464 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

That Saints Row 3 is a good game.

#465 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

boobs are bad.

#466 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4310 posts) -

I can't think of anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain they've said things I disagree with, but none were important enough that they stuck with me.

#467 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

I think in an email response to PS3 games a dude should buy Vinny recommended Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and Jeff was like "Eh..."

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT GAME WAS AWESOME

Also:

@Anund said:

criticize PSN for hiding anything behind a paywall while accepting that Live hides freakin' multiplayer behind one. Admittedly they have gotten better about this.

#468 Posted by peritus (964 posts) -

That Mario Sunshine is not good, i loved that game! ( But i guess me loving the game doesn't make it a good game )

#469 Posted by Konig2540 (58 posts) -

@sawtooth said:

Brad said the Arkenstone wasn't in The Hobbit (book)...

I disagree....

Thank you. I yelled at my speakers when he said that.

#470 Posted by Lobster_Ear (284 posts) -

90% of anything that comes out of Patrick's mouth. 70% of anything that comes out of Jeff's mouth.

#471 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

About 90% of anything they say, seriously, but that's how opinions work so it's cool.

#472 Posted by GreggD (4482 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@pyrodactyl was this the Bombcast? Cause I totally don't remember this.

Last week's, yeah.

#473 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I listen to the podcast and don't really think too much about how their opinions align with my own. I don't know.

#474 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@MetalGearSunny said:

I think in an email response to PS3 games a dude should buy Vinny recommended Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and Jeff was like "Eh..."

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT GAME WAS AWESOME

Jeff hates great games. It's a well known fact. ;)

#475 Posted by Phished0ne (2487 posts) -

How Jeff seemingly(at least how i heard it) backpeddled on all the things he liked about Blops 2 on the last bombcast. There arent many things they say or do that honestly bother me, besides Patrick(who i genuinely like as a personality) writes about dumbass stuff and tries to label it more important than it really is.

#476 Posted by Cashewual (154 posts) -

When they talk about wrestling or mmo on the bombcast, although that's due to uninterest and not disagreement.

#477 Posted by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

@JaredA said:

I don't agree with their hate on Popeye's!

OH GOD THIS. Fuck KFC. Popeys 4 life yo.