Bombcrew opinion you vehemently disagree with.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By pr1mus

@Guestuse1111 said:

@Pr1mus said:

All of what Patrick says all the time.

I heard that Patrick said you are a nice person.

Just one more thing i have to disagree with!

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Itwastuesday

I disagree with everything they say about e-sports, because they seem to have gotten sort of positive on it since StarCraft 2. From what I can tell, no one in a high position of NA e-sports has any idea what they're doing WRT anything, ever. Also, there are high-profile players who make livings on the game who say the most gross disgusting garbage you've ever heard a human being utter, and they're still just as popular as they ever were, and sponsored. Fuck e-sports.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#53  Edited By DonutFever
@RenMcKormack said:

Yea Jeff saying Red Dead is bad. FILLED ME WITH WHITE HOT RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111!!!!!!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Rafaelfc

@thabigred said:

I hate this sort of mentality. The bombcrew needs to talk about games as they play them because that's when they have the passion. It's the sort of mentality that get people complaining about spoilers that hold the bombcast back from it's potential.

If this was facebook I would "like" this post. agreed duder 100%!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By strainedeyes

@TheHT said:

@JohnDudebro said:

Popeyes is delicious.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By leinad44

@Pr1mus said:

So you are saying all the games Patrick likes are bad and all the games he hates are good....Sound logic

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I disagree with Jeff's opinion on Red Dead Redemption as well as Metal Gear Solid. Also Brad's strong feelings for L.A. Noire.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By neurotic

Hm, 'vehemently' implies it made me really angry and I don't get that mad about other people opinions but if I had to pick one...

@Petiew said:

I disagree with Patrick's apparent hatred of FF9. Although his well developed argument conisting only of "Fuck that game" almost won me over.

If this is true (I don't remember hearing him say it) then this. Fuck you guys, FFIX is great.

Honestly, I find it funny when they have inflammatory opinions cos reading some of you get really angry about them is amusing. Like Jeff hating on Red Dead. You know he probably does that to get a rise out of Brad not cos he actually hated the game that much, right? Same with Dark Souls.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pr1mus

@leinad44 said:

@Pr1mus said:

So you are saying all the games Patrick likes are bad and all the games he hates are good....Sound logic

Well you see the thread asks what i vehemently disagree with. For example when Patrick says The Walking Dead is an amazing game i vehemently disagree with this statement. You see that's how the thread works.

Now more generally speaking, i do not know anyone else in the world who has tastes in games and the industry in general and other various subjects like movies and TV shows that are farther from my own taste than Patrick.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MiniPato

@Branthog said:

@TheHT said:

@JohnDudebro said:

Popeyes is delicious.

Popeyes and Del Taco are both nasty as shit. Especially Del Taco. It looks like actual feces and tastes like what I imagine feces would taste like (sorry, I've never eaten shit -- only drank piss).

Well shit tastes delicious, so maybe you should compare them to something else. Like glowstick fluid.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Cold_Wolven said:

I disagree with Jeff's opinion on Red Dead Redemption as well as Metal Gear Solid. Also Brad's strong feelings for L.A. Noire.

Oh man I forgot about Metal Gear. The Metal Gear one is more maddening than the Red Dead one because at least with Red Dead he can say he hates westerns, Jeff loves MGS2 and MGS4 but hates the first one? And his reasoning was because it was a little bit of gameplay and then a super long cutscene over and over.... WHICH IS WHAT ALL THE METAL GEAR GAMES ARE LIKE. I'm pretty sure MGS2 and 4 had to have had the longest ones in the series too. The one that revealed the Patroits near the end of 2 was super long and MGS4 had a 45 minute cut scene.

Nuts.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#62  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator
@StrainedEyes said:

@TheHT said:

@JohnDudebro said:

Popeyes is delicious.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Sin4profit

I disagree with many things here and there from different perspectives but i guess the reoccurring ones seem to be bent around Jeff's strange hang-ups for many things. Maybe it's not the hang ups themselves but more the definitive way in which he drops his opinion as if it's some kind of absolute.

Love'im though, and i'm an adult so i don't need the opinions of others to validate my own so i don't know about, "vehemently" which is a new word i learned today.

Also, maybe i've been spoiled by the hype for it, but Frog Fractions is not that goddamn good as a game. It's cute in reference to games but as a game itself....come on, really?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Branthog

@MiniPato said:

@Branthog said:

@TheHT said:

@JohnDudebro said:

Popeyes is delicious.

Popeyes and Del Taco are both nasty as shit. Especially Del Taco. It looks like actual feces and tastes like what I imagine feces would taste like (sorry, I've never eaten shit -- only drank piss).

Well shit tastes delicious, so maybe you should compare them to something else. Like glowstick fluid.

Glowstick Fluid is an amazing band name.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By pr1mus

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Cold_Wolven said:

Oh man I forgot about Metal Gear. The Metal Gear one is more maddening than the Red Dead one because at least with Red Dead he can say he hates westerns, Jeff loves MGS2 and MGS4 but hates the first one? And his reasoning was because it was a little bit of gameplay and then a super long cutscene over and over.... WHICH IS WHAT ALL THE METAL GEAR GAMES ARE LIKE. I'm pretty sure MGS2 and 4 had to have had the longest ones in the series too. The one that revealed the Patroits near the end of 2 was super long and MGS4 had a 45 minute cut scene.

Nuts.

I always though his reasons were that MGS was too grounded and realistic while 2 and 4 is really when things went nuts.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Pr1mus said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Cold_Wolven said:

Nuts.

I always though his reasons were that MGS was too grounded and realistic while 2 and 4 is really when things went nuts.

In the Bombcast recently where they discussed the Phantom Pain he definitely shit on MGS for something like "walk somewhere, CUTSCENE, walk somewhere else, CUTSCENE".

He does say he likes 2 and 4 because they are more crazy but that was part of what he said and it's just how the whole damn series is and 2 and 4 are the most cut scene heavy. It's not that he just says "I like 2 and 4 more" he says 1 is a bad game.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sawtooth

Brad said the Arkenstone wasn't in The Hobbit (book)...

I disagree....

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By pr1mus

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Pr1mus said:

In the Bombcast recently where they discussed the Phantom Pain he definitely shit on MGS for something like "walk somewhere, CUTSCENE, walk somewhere else, CUTSCENE".

He does say he likes 2 and 4 because they are more crazy but that was part of what he said and it's just how the whole damn series is and 2 and 4 are the most cut scene heavy. It's not that he just says "I like 2 and 4 more" he says 1 is a bad game.

Well in that case i too vehemently disagrees with what Jeff said!

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LikeaSsur

Mostly what Jeff said about Red Dead, Resident Evil 4, and Clementine being a bad character. That's about it off the top of my head.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By golguin

I disagree with Jeff and his opinion that Red Dead is a bad game. I actually think it's one of the best games I've ever played and quite possibly the best game this generation.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Aegon

During the GotY podcast, what the fuck was up with deciding on what's the better game based on what effect it has on the industry versus what impact the game had on you while you were playing it/ how much you enjoyed the experience. What it does for the industry is irrelevant to whether you enjoyed playing it more than another game.

Also, I vehemently disagree with Jeff vehemently bashing good games and Brad/Ryan doing a poor job of paying attention and then blaming the game.

JesterPC238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JesterPC238

I hate the way Alex injects his snide sarcasm into news stories. I love the guy when it comes to video and podcast work, and I'm really pleased he's doing some Encyclopedia Bombastica stuff, but I don't like how opinionated his news stories are. It's one thing if it's subtle, but basically assuming a game is going to suck in advance always bugs me.

Also, on the one hand, Patrick is one of my favorite people in the industry, but on the one hand, some of the stuff he says/does drives me crazy. Examples include "Twisted Metal is dogshit" (despite the fact that that game is pretty rad, just antiquated) and the way he dedicated so much effort and coverage to the 1reasonwhy thing (I totally support women in the gaming industry, but it got a little ridiculous).

Finally, the fast and loose way that spoilers tend to get thrown around kind of bothers me sometimes too. Do a fucking spoilercast if you want to spend an hour talking about Mass Effect 3 endings. It's one thing in the GOTY podcasts, but I'm an adult, with a job, and I don't always have time to finish a game within a month or two of it coming out.

GB is still my favorite thing on the Internet for sure though, we all got our opinions.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheHumanDove

Back when they refused to admit that ME3 had a shit ending, and finally admitted to it being shit after much time had past and Brad played it

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By morkaithewolf

@Kidavenger said:

I get really ticked off when they shit all over Android, it's clear that none of them have spent a reasonable amount of time with one in years.

^-- This is my biggest misgiving with them. I understand they don't like Android but it feels like they go out of their way to shit on it without trying. But hey, everyone's got an opinion right?

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By daiphyer

@JesterPC238 said:

Finally, the fast and loose way that spoilers tend to get thrown around kind of bothers me sometimes too. Do a fucking spoilercast if you want to spend an hour talking about Mass Effect 3 endings. It's one thing in the GOTY podcasts, but I'm an adult, with a job, and I don't always have time to finish a game within a month or two of it coming out.

... that podcast was in December. Mass Effect 3 came out in March.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By Justin258

I don't agree with their high opinion of Saints Row the Third. I think that game isn't necessarily bad, but it's nothing approaching good either.

Some people are going to call me nuts for this. Sorry. Saints Row the Third's missions were nothing more than general open-world stuff. The gunplay wasn't really fun most of the time. The humor was less funny and more nail-bitingly atrocious, as opposed to the second game where it was far more restrained and so the out-of-place stuff was actually, you know, out of place and funny.

Do I have the game installed? Yeah. I did play some of it recently just to make sure I still agreed with the above. And, you know, for a little while the game is all right. The intro is too long, but it's not that bad. But then the game just goes downhill after the part where you take over the first penthouse.

EDIT: Also, when the Metroid Prime series was mentioned, Jeff said "Fuck those games". Very rarely do I begin to grit my teeth when someone's opinion is the opposite of mine - but really? There's disliking a game and then there's just completely dismissing anything and everything about them. If I'm not mistaken, Brad was dumbfounded and Jeff took it back a little bit and said "...well, the first one is all right but the latter two...". And that made it much better, because while I think the latter two are good games (great games, in fact), I do not think that they are anything approaching the first masterpiece.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By morkaithewolf

@believer258: I agree. I loved Saints Row the Third as a mindless game but wouldn't give as much praise as they seem to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfefecd6246b
deactivated-5bfefecd6246b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know that I have ever "vehemently disagreed" with them (it's video games, y'all), but there have been a few times when our views did not align. Fact is, most of what they deal with are major releases. The majority of these I simply do not care about, so I have little opinion either way. Yes, it's silly when they talk about certain niches being for crazy people, but I think they say it with at least some amount of jest. I take it to be humorous, at least. Several of them have their own niche favorites. If reviewing games weren't their job, they might just become those crazy people who get really into specific games... Well, except for perhaps Ryan, as he doesn't seem to much enjoy digging into anything too deeply for too long.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By stonyman65

@Pr1mus said:

This. Maybe not all the time, but more often than not.

I disagree with Jeff on RDR, Metal Gear, Resident Evil and Tomb Raider. I really enjoyed all of those franchises.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By YummyTreeSap

Occasionally I think they're a bit too cynical about things and start shitting on a game too quickly because it doesn't fit expectation X. I remember disagreeing with the crew's opinions on the original Sonic games for sure, but other than that I don't really remember any specific instances yet.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Quarters

Patrick's crap about stealth games. MGS is not some impenetrable, unplayable mess like he makes it sound, nor is it trial and error. It encourages messing around(sorry, pet peeve). I don't see how MOTN "fixed" stealth. All the indie love in general, and the cynicism towards AAA games it leads to. Also, their opinions about RE6 and the franchise in general. Finally, stop hating on beat-em-ups yo. I still enjoy them, even stuff like Double Dragon Neon.

For the most part though, I don't mind their different opinions much. I just don't like when they sound ignorant.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@sawtooth said:

Brad said the Arkenstone wasn't in The Hobbit (book)...

I disagree....

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny considering he said he's currently reading it.

I disagree with the crew pretty frequently, mostly Jeff. Dudes still my favorite though.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Patrick said ZombiU is unbelievably good.

I don't believe him.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By sean2206

As many others have said I strongly disagree with Jeff's opinion of Red dead. I adored that game and GTA 4 albeit not as much and that makes it hard to understand how Jeff can love GTA 4 so much yet hate red dead as much as he does. I get its his opinion as some people and games just don't click like me and Darksiders. I also disagree with I think the whole squad's complete disregard for any pokemon beyond 151 and while this is a popular opinion on the internet and I'm not a pokemon super fan i thought Gen 2-4 were genuinely good games, haven't played gen 6 yet.

Those are the only notable opinions i can think i disagree with right now.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#85  Edited By ThePickle

@MariachiMacabre said:

Jeff shitting on Red Dead, especially when he loves GTAIV so much. Red Dead has better shooting, controls, graphics, story, setting and characters.

This, this, this, and this. The way he goes about disparaging it is downright immature.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By iceman228433

Any and everything Patrick says, and this is not new I never cared for him from the first time he was on 1up yours back in 06.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By fisher81

The apparent consensus that video games should only be played on a PC.

"Oh, the 360 version of this game is broken. It only runs at 59 FPS instead of 60 FPS. Unplayable!"

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By FreakAche

Most of Jeff's and Ryan's opinions.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By coakroach

Jeffs thoughts on Red Dead Redemption.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Revan_NL

Jeff saying that Red Dead Redemption is a bad game. Brad saying that the shootingmechanics in Mass Effect 3 are better than Gears.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Petiew
@Neurotic: It was just an offhand comment in a random podcast, would have been a year+ ago.
C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#92  Edited By C2C

The only opinion I kinda vehemently disagree with, is the crew's opinion that mark of the ninja fixed the broken stealth genre. I don't think the genre is broken, but it appeals to a really specific niche audience who does not mind the trial and error that comes with stealth. Now I haven't played Mark of the Ninja, so I dunno if it is a game changer like the crew says.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#93  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Nothing they says bothers me and I like hearing their differing opinions. The one exception the that is Dark Souls and the hate some of them give it without seeming to understand it. Like, saying the combat is all about animation priority comparing it to Monster Hunter. Or bashing the whole game based on one item description. But at Vinny likes it.

@believer258: I agree with you on Saint's Row. After all the hyping up Jeff and everyone else did I was psyched to play it. I felt like I was playing a different game than the one they described. One less funny, less clever, with bad gameplay and mission design, bad pacing, a boring world, boring side missions, etc.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#94  Edited By ThePickle

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Cold_Wolven said:

Oh man I forgot about Metal Gear. The Metal Gear one is more maddening than the Red Dead one because at least with Red Dead he can say he hates westerns,

If it were that simple, I could get it. It would be incredibly petty, but I could understand it. But he has problems with the game's "mechanics." Apparently he hated how the game played way better than GTA IV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b911d3722cb7
deactivated-5b911d3722cb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick's constant misuse of the term Retcon, or his need to butcher the English language in general. If he hadn't mentioned he was from Chicago about 500 times I'd of thought English was not his primary language (maybe his parents raised him speaking Esperanto). Also, his need to categorize everything as either the worst or greatest thing ever, because it kind of makes it difficult to really trust his opinion.

Deakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Deakor

@sawtooth: I noted the Arkenstone error as well. Thought I was going crazy at first.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AuthenticM

Jeff shitting on anything open-source and the Resident Evil controls.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By audiosnow

A lot of the opinions mentioned aren't opinions. This is kinda just turning into, "You Know What Really Bothers Me?!": Giant Bomb Edition.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By pr1mus

@AuthenticM said:

Jeff shitting on anything open-source and the Resident Evil controls.

Tank controls are best controls!

For real. When it comes to RE anyway.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By notdavid

Jeff's respect for GTA4 and distaste for Red Dead goes beyond the realm of opinion. It's literally wrong. GTA4 is an unplayable mess in comparison.