Bombcrew opinion you vehemently disagree with.

launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#351  Edited By launch

Their stance on couch-gaming/local multiplayer being dead. The hate for Android yet everything Apple is so wonderful. Their hatred for the original Splinter Cell (which, agreed, wasn't fantastic, but I really enjoyed the hell out of it). Calling Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts the best B&K game.

I also wonder if Jeff's love for Persona 4 is sincere, or if he has just been completely brainwashed by sitting their for 99+ hours watching Chie kick tanks, since the crew is fairly dismissive of other JRPG's.

DrIntrovert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By DrIntrovert

Linux being a subset of PC rather than its own platform. For a wide variety of reasons, the most basic of which being that their justification makes Macs PC hardware as well (they don't use Motorola processors anymore).

Avatar image for deactivated-59ec818a3faf4
deactivated-59ec818a3faf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of what Jeff says. He can be really good at being critical but if a game doesn't have a giant neon sign telling him where to go and what to do he isn't happy.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#354  Edited By punisherkaos

Probobly Jeff's opinion of cathrine

Fin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By Fin

Talking about Skrillex like it isn't complete and utter shit.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#356  Edited By halberdierv2

the whole anime is for jerks thing.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#357  Edited By phantomzxro

@Rafaelfc said:

@phantomzxro said:

@Rafaelfc said:

That PS+ is a superior service compared to xbox Live just because it gives out a few free games, while ANYTHING ELSE it's supposed to do is significantly worse by comparison.

But hey, Steam already proved that people overlook a shit-metric-ton of crap if you give them a couple free things...

I'm sorry you feel that way but i would have to say if you comparing PSN plus vs Xbox live gold without any biased plus has the edge at this current time. If your prefer xbox live in general that's a different story but all gold gets you is to use free services or services you pay for anyway along with online MP which is free elsewhere. The deals and perks are becoming smaller and smaller on gold.

I am not biased either way, I own both the PS3 and 360.

But, as it stands Xbox Live is still vastly superior to PSN, download speeds are way better, way less connection dropouts, patching is easy and hassle free.

Your mileage may vary, but my ps3 connected on the exact same network as the 360 takes waaaay longer to download, patching takes an insane amount of time and connection drops are frequent (again, in my experience)

If what I am paying for in Live is actually being used to keep the service running smoothly and as hassle free as it is right now, I am fine with it.

In the case of PSN, ever since PS+ started there was no noticeable improvement on the online experience at all, all you get is free games (which I can't argue is a really nice perk) but I can't overlook how shitty in comparison all the other online features are.

Fair point but again i feel your talking about xbox live vs PSN network, this is more about the better deal between PS plus and Xbox live gold.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By mercutio123
@illmatic19: I think they said that it specifically wasn't being considered. The PS3 version I mean. Still not really an excuse, and I'll never take Brad's opinions or arguments seriously after that pissing contest
Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#359  Edited By Mezmero

I feel like the Unpopular Opinions thread is for venting about this stuff. I've been following these guys for years and I've just come to accept the fact that we grew up in different worlds when it comes to video games. Trust me when I say that I wish I could have played more video games in life and have the perspective they have but alas time is fleeting. No matter how we were raised we all grew up on games and we should just be happy that an amazing website like this is ran by such an awesome bunch of white dudes. Having said that:

To Jeff: The following games are amazing and you are wrong for thinking otherwise: Asura's Wrath, The Walking Dead, Red Dead: Redemption, Left 4 Dead, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3, Black & White, KOTOR, Half-Life 2, Starsiege: Tribes, etc. I can rely on him for matters of quality gameplay but when it comes to matters of the soul his attention is seriously waning. Sometimes I think he's colorblind in his heart.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Rafaelfc

@phantomzxro said:

@Rafaelfc said:

@phantomzxro said:

@Rafaelfc said:

That PS+ is a superior service compared to xbox Live just because it gives out a few free games, while ANYTHING ELSE it's supposed to do is significantly worse by comparison.

But hey, Steam already proved that people overlook a shit-metric-ton of crap if you give them a couple free things...

I'm sorry you feel that way but i would have to say if you comparing PSN plus vs Xbox live gold without any biased plus has the edge at this current time. If your prefer xbox live in general that's a different story but all gold gets you is to use free services or services you pay for anyway along with online MP which is free elsewhere. The deals and perks are becoming smaller and smaller on gold.

I am not biased either way, I own both the PS3 and 360.

But, as it stands Xbox Live is still vastly superior to PSN, download speeds are way better, way less connection dropouts, patching is easy and hassle free.

Your mileage may vary, but my ps3 connected on the exact same network as the 360 takes waaaay longer to download, patching takes an insane amount of time and connection drops are frequent (again, in my experience)

If what I am paying for in Live is actually being used to keep the service running smoothly and as hassle free as it is right now, I am fine with it.

In the case of PSN, ever since PS+ started there was no noticeable improvement on the online experience at all, all you get is free games (which I can't argue is a really nice perk) but I can't overlook how shitty in comparison all the other online features are.

Fair point but again i feel your talking about xbox live vs PSN network, this is more about the better deal between PS plus and Xbox live gold.

But if we compare just the membership features, there is no point of comparison at all, because they focus on entirely different things making it even more insane even arguing that one may be better than the other.

A Gold membership is more like paying an ISP and PS+ is more like a netflix subscription.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#361  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Mezmero said:

I can rely on him for matters of quality gameplay but when it comes to matters of the soul his attention is seriously waning. Sometimes I think he's colorblind in his heart.

I want to frame this.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By mrfluke

usually its stuff that brad and patrick say every now and then and a rare once in a blue moon quip from ryan about " a story from ____ video game being a bunch of nonsense" . but they have been getting better though, even if they pass off the negative criticisms as a "vocal minority"

as brad extremely listens to all his feedback and makes changes for the better. and patrick reads the comments pretty frequently as well. and silently makes changes

i know ryan plain out just doesnt give a fuck. which thats why we love him

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By phantomzxro

@Rafaelfc said:

But if we compare just the membership features, there is no point of comparison at all, because they focus on entirely different things making it even more insane even arguing that one may be better than the other.

A Gold membership is more like paying an ISP and PS+ is more like a netflix subscription.

I think there is a point because you can play both systems without these services and all the technical features you mentioned remain unchanged. Minus the fact that you can't play online without gold but gold does not make the online features or downloads better it just gives you access to them.

The services are quite a bit different but i still think they are in the realm of being compared like Hulu, Amazon prime/instant video collection, and Netflix are all different kind of services and functions when it comes to the consumers but they are still comparable.

If gold did not have online multiplayer behind it, it would be a hard sale to most, while Plus has value if your pretty open with your taste in games and don't own every most recent game. Also i think you are discrediting the awesomeness of free games. Not all are winner but they have hit home enough to make it worth it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#364  Edited By toowalrus

@CaptStickybeard said:

• He started growing on me until he started bitching about the "sexism" in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.

He was? What... uh, what was his issue?

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By bennyboy

I vehemently disagree with Patrick's abundant use of demonstrative pronouns in both writing and conversation.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By CaLe

@TooWalrus said:

@CaptStickybeard said:

• He started growing on me until he started bitching about the "sexism" in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.

I think he just said it was disgusting... Which it's not, at all.

EtherealSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#367  Edited By EtherealSlayer

That they think cards against humanity is clever or funny in any way.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By cthomer5000

@ArtisanBreads said:

I don't agree with Jeff saying Red Dead is bad. Funny because he likes GTA IV so much. Listen to the GOTY when he picked GTA IV so hard, really funny. I guess he hates westerns that much.

Red Dead is my favorite game of the gen hands down so I'm with Brad.

Yeah this was going to be exactly my post. I've been listening to the old shows from the beginning and i'm currently in the thick of the Red Dead talk. I have no idea why Jeff is so dismissive of it, especially the mechanics, while he loved GTA 4. I personally thought Red Dead was a much better game, though i don't think it deserves any 'best of generation' accolades either. It's a solid Rockstar game.

They all have at least one or two opinions or entrenched stances on things that drive me nuts. Brad has gone totally overboard recently with calling XBOX 360 versions of games 'unplayable' because they look a bit worse graphically. He said that about Far Cry 3... which is absurd.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#369  Edited By rjpelonia

I like Resident Evil 6.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By toowalrus

@CaLe said:

@TooWalrus said:

@CaptStickybeard said:

Yeah, that's just so... I mean, usually when people are calling things out for being sexist, I can kinda see it, even if I don't necessarily agree. I went back and watched that trailer again though and I just don't have a clue. Was it that fact that the cyborg lady character wasn't wearing a Burqa or what? Anyway, that's not what this thread is about.

shamanultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By shamanultra

Whenever they play a Japanese third-person shooter they claim that "the shooting doesn't feel right". I think it's code for "This game wasn't made by white people so I refuse to like it".

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By therealnelsk

@shamanultra said:

Whenever they play a Japanese third-person shooter they claim that "the shooting doesn't feel right". I think it's code for "This game wasn't made by white people so I refuse to like it".

So you think every negative review of a Japanese game is just veiled racism? You might be reading into things a little too hard... If you recall (or have been around long enough), they all absolutely loved MGS4, including the shooting.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By pyrodactyl

@TooWalrus said:

@CaLe said:

@TooWalrus said:

@CaptStickybeard said:

Yeah, that's just so... I mean, usually when people are calling things out for being sexist, I can kinda see it, even if I don't necessarily agree. I went back and watched that trailer again though and I just don't have a clue. Was it that fact that the cyborg lady character wasn't wearing a Burqa or what? Anyway, that's not what this thread is about.

I'm usualy on patrick's side and I generaly think he brings a lot of interesting knowledge and opinions in his posts and on the bombcast.

But this time he completly went overboard. Both times they bring up the trailer his first comment was that it was sexist and pendering junk.

One of the lessons of the internet: learn to choose your fights unless you want to look like whinner who complains all the time about non issues.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#374  Edited By yetiantics

Derrrrr Brad's review of Devil may cry! herpaderpyderpderr----- I'm sorry, I should be above this.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#375  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

These days I'm pretty sure that I disagree with the guys more than I agree. My taste in games and what I like is just totally different from them for the most part, but it's alright because they're still funny. I just consider them less reviewers and more paid clowns.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#376  Edited By Levio

I had tons of fun with Sonic Adventure. When they chose to quicklook the game twice, play it quite poorly both times (it is ridiculously easy to play), and insult the game throughout the videos, I had to question their taste in games. And they weren't talking about the fishing levels, they were talking about the fast-paced sonic levels.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By toowalrus
@pyrodactyl was this the Bombcast? Cause I totally don't remember this.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#378  Edited By Snail

@Levio said:

I had tons of fun with Sonic Adventure. When they chose to quicklook the game twice, play it quite poorly both times (it is ridiculously easy to play), and insult the game throughout the videos, I had to question their taste in games. And they weren't talking about the fishing levels, they were talking about the fast-paced sonic levels.

I think I kind of understand where you're coming from, but those levels probably aren't as "easy" if you're not used to/experienced at playing Sonic games.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By RE_Player1

@Snail said:

@Levio said:

I think I kind of understand where you're coming from, but those levels probably aren't as "easy" if you're not used to/experienced at playing Sonic games.

I like Sonic Adventure as well but realistically the first game is shit. Sonic Adventure 2 on the other hand is just a great game all around, especially the GameCube version.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By pyrodactyl

@TooWalrus said:

on TNT and on a mailbag video or something

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By toowalrus

@pyrodactyl said:

@TooWalrus said:

on TNT and on a mailbag video or something

Ah, OK, I don't usually watch TNT. Ha... I was thinking maybe I'm starting to unconsciously tune him out. Like you, I usually like the stuff he has to say. I don't want to be one of those Patrick-hating assholes, but I've found myself criticizing his style pretty frequently lately, so I should probably lay off.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By Rafaelfc

@phantomzxro said:

@Rafaelfc said:

I think there is a point because you can play both systems without these services and all the technical features you mentioned remain unchanged. Minus the fact that you can't play online without gold but gold does not make the online features or downloads better it just gives you access to them.

The services are quite a bit different but i still think they are in the realm of being compared like Hulu, Amazon prime/instant video collection, and Netflix are all different kind of services and functions when it comes to the consumers but they are still comparable.

If gold did not have online multiplayer behind it, it would be a hard sale to most, while Plus has value if your pretty open with your taste in games and don't own every most recent game. Also i think you are discrediting the awesomeness of free games. Not all are winner but they have hit home enough to make it worth it.

But it is my understanding that paying for gold does ultimately make the services better because it's that money that is used for all the infrastructure necessary to keep it operating at the level it does (or microsoft made a fantastic job at selling that idea, either way I don't think the level of service provided is cheap by any stretch of the imagination). Whereas PS+ money is apparently only being used to license games to be distributed freely.

I am absolutely not discrediting the awesomeness of free games, that is a remarkable feature, but it is the only thing PS+ has going for it, and subscription money going in did not make any positive impact in the quality of the overall online service, and I absolutely think that the free games (while being awesome) are mostly smoke and mirrors to take away the focus from the bad rap the online experience of the PS3 was receiving.

Xbox Gold was designed to make the online system self-sufficient (and I absolutely agree that it's model is getting out of date and that to stay competitive they need something else to entice more customers) and PS+ was designed to sell more PS3's because Sony needs money coming in to stay afloat.

shamanultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By shamanultra

@M3RPHY said:

@shamanultra said:

So you think every negative review of a Japanese game is just veiled racism? You might be reading into things a little too hard... If you recall (or have been around long enough), they all absolutely loved MGS4, including the shooting.

No, they are always suspect because the Japanese don't usually make those kinds of games. If it was Binary Domain made by Epic Games then Jeff and Brad would have loved it but instead they dislike an amazing game.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#384  Edited By jillsandwich

Fuck Alex for saying that people that prefer Aliens over Alien are not "intelligent human beings".

Also, Red Dead is great, Jeff is weird.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#385  Edited By jillsandwich

@MariachiMacabre said:

@daggon55

Several times Brad has claimed that Snap Shot is essential for snipers in X-Com. He is completely wrong, Squad Sight is way better.

Curse him.

That's one that I just chock up to play style. I personally have no idea why someone would sacrifice 20 aim on a sniper so he can move and shoot but maybe Brad plays more run and gun than I do. Still seems INSANE to me.

As a person that was nailing sectopods from one end of the temple ship to the other with my squadsight sniper, I'm finding in my second playthrough that snap shot snipers are pretty god-damn amazing. It's really a great trade-off.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#386  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Ah yes the Giantbomb hates non white developers argument rears its head.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By bluefish

@ArtisanBreads: ...what? This is the first I've heard of this, care to give an example? Actually, a few examples?

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#388  Edited By Danteveli

Its probably like 50% of their opinions I dont agree with but its not like I care much about it.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By cannedstingray

speaking of Jeff and the Red Dead thing, Which bugs me to no end considering how much the mechanics were improved over GTA IV which I couldn't even get half way through duo to the terrible controls.

I remember him dismissing Max Payne 3 because the X button was not used to reload weapons. Instead I think it's the B button. I realize there were other reasons he had, and that a lot of people seem to not like Max Payne 3, but getting hung up on not having the reload button mapped where you want , especially when Gears 3 has reload mapped to RB I think and he loved that game.. I dunno, The more I hang out on this site, the less I find I have in common with Jeff's opinion on modern games. Not in all cases by any means, but more often than before.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By Winternet

Let me guess, is this the "new" "AHHHH DMC AHHHH BRAD AHHHH 5STARS AHHHH" thread?

Let's hope not.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By Anund

@phantomzxro said:

@Rafaelfc said:

My issue with Live is that they are basically holding functionality hostage for a ransom: Multiplayer, Netflix etc, while PSN+ offers things which improve an already complete service: background downloads, "free" games. I will take slower download speeds (though I haven't experienced that here in Sweden) any day over having a crippled system if I don't cough up money. And yes, Live Silver is nothing but a crippled system.

tyler1285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By tyler1285

@ArtisanBreads: No really though, they're kinda racist.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#393  Edited By Humanity

@pyrodactyl said:

@TooWalrus said:

@CaLe said:

@TooWalrus said:

@CaptStickybeard said:

I'm usualy on patrick's side and I generaly think he brings a lot of interesting knowledge and opinions in his posts and on the bombcast.

But this time he completly went overboard. Both times they bring up the trailer his first comment was that it was sexist and pendering junk.

One of the lessons of the internet: learn to choose your fights unless you want to look like whinner who complains all the time about non issues.

No female is allowed to wear anything less than a turtleneck and sweatpants in any games from 2013 on out as otherwise the intention is obviously sleazy pandering to sexist males.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#394  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@tyler1285 said:

Oh yeah right on. Couldn't be more accurate.

@bluefish said:

@ArtisanBreads: ...what? This is the first I've heard of this, care to give an example? Actually, a few examples?

See below

@shamanultra said:

@M3RPHY said:

@shamanultra said:

No, they are always suspect because the Japanese don't usually make those kinds of games. If it was Binary Domain made by Epic Games then Jeff and Brad would have loved it but instead they dislike an amazing game.

Our buddy shamanultra here with a nice one. Not going to go dig up more but if the Giantbomb dudes don't like some Japanese game or Nintendo lately they are racist. I've seen it a lot.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By mikey87144

@ArtisanBreads said:

@tyler1285 said:

Oh yeah right on. Couldn't be more accurate.

@bluefish said:

See below

@shamanultra said:

@M3RPHY said:

@shamanultra said:

Our buddy shamanultra here with a nice one. Not going to go dig up more but if the Giantbomb dudes don't like some Japanese game or Nintendo lately they are racist. I've seen it a lot.

I absolutely agree with the veiled racist thing. I mean look at how they cover Japanese games on this site. All three Endurance Run games were American made games with not even a consideration for great a Japanese game. Patrick's, Brad's, and to a lesser extent Ryan's vehement hatred of Super Mario 3D land also. They dissed the game two years in a row in their GOTY podcasts with Patrick lamenting that he wished he could've nominated it for worst GOTY. Also Patrick's hatred of 999. He even took the time out to do a podcast telling everyone how much that game sucks. Let's not forget Vinny's hatred of the Soul's games. He played like 2 minutes of them and made sure to scream on the podcast that none of them should ever play it. God so many other examples of their hatred toward all things coming out of the land of the Rising Sun.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@C0V3RT said:

The Majora's Mask hate. Forget being the best Zelda game... Majora's Mask is maybe one of the best video games ever made. Maybe.

You're pretty close to the mark there, son.

I haven't had the opportunity to replay (in the last decade), but it'll always stand out as one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had.

I may have to replay it now...

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By SharkEthic

I disagree with them all the time, but in most recent memory, Patrick yelling loudly that stealth games sucks sticks out as something I completely disagree with. Also Jeff's opinion on Red Dead Redemption.

Oh, and the shared opinion by the crew that Saints Row The Third is not a giant piece of shit regularly baffles me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

Also, when the Metroid Prime series was mentioned, Jeff said "Fuck those games". Very rarely do I begin to grit my teeth when someone's opinion is the opposite of mine - but really? There's disliking a game and then there's just completely dismissing anything and everything about them. If I'm not mistaken, Brad was dumbfounded and Jeff took it back a little bit and said "...well, the first one is all right but the latter two...". And that made it much better, because while I think the latter two are good games (great games, in fact), I do not think that they are anything approaching the first masterpiece.

I... what? Of all the game series he could lay that on, why Metroid Prime? It's virtually the only one I can think of that is constantly excellent. Sure, the second is a bit of a retread of the first, and the third was perhaps too linear compared to the others... but "Fuck those games"? I can't even begin to reconcile that with reality. Where does the vitriol come from?

Metroid Prime is a stone cold classic and, as far as I'm concerned, one of the greatest games of all time - the other two are pretty excellent in their own right.

I feel like Jeff hates a lot of stuff on principal because it's well-liked. Not a big fan of the guy, and this has only cemented that fact.

See also: his refusal to watch Avatar because it had been so hyped.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Escape from Monkey Island is not bullshit.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By Andorski

@Winternet said:

Let me guess, is this the "new" "AHHHH DMC AHHHH BRAD AHHHH 5STARS AHHHH" thread?

Let's hope not.

Well it IS bullshit. That fucking game does not deserve 5 stars.

It deserves 6 stars.