Bombing Run 10/24: Far Cry 2 (360)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Systech

Please Don't Cry

Hey, Giant Bomb dudes, the weekly Bombing Run that is known as Far Cry 2 has finally been confirmed... and I'm not hosting it, I'm just the messenger for now. Don't worry, it's most likely that I will be there and on time (I just don't have Far Cry at the moment). Send a friend request to Gamertag mailman b (known better as Jayge here on the site) to get into the Bombing Run. If you've been yearning for a new game to play with the community, here is your chance.

Need to Know Info

Game: Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
Date: Friday October 24
Time: 8:30PM EST (5:30PM PST)
Host GT: mailman b

Participants

Jayge (mailman b)
systech (systech217) *most likely*
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

UGH, FRIDAY!!!  YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR FRIDAY GET-TOGETHERS!!!!  GOO!!!!

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By agent_lost

ah damn it, i got the PC version, need something to show off my overprice rig.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Hey guys, just confirming that I'll be hosting due to Systech's unsure game-received status. Also- we'll be doing custom matches, so we have room for up to 16 dudes (which I can host, very well). If you have any custom map you've downloaded or created that you think would be great to test or play, feel free to shoot me a PM here or on XBL (gamertag is in Systech's post). Include the name of the map, and I'll search for it and download it. See you on Friday >.>

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush

I should be able to make this...I think I may try to create a map before the night too.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum

I have a feeling you might not get enough dudes, I'd suggest if you don't get enough by like Friday, pushing it back a day. Sucks, because I might have it Saturday.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kush
Karmum said:
"I have a feeling you might not get enough dudes, I'd suggest if you don't get enough by like Friday, pushing it back a day. Sucks, because I might have it Saturday."
That's what I think will likely happen too...I'm not sure if there will be enough people with the game by Friday. I just got it tonight and would rather give it an extra week to become more familiar with the game. A Saints Row 2 BR could be a good idea, but I don't know how many people have that game either...
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karmum
Kush said:
"Karmum said:
"I have a feeling you might not get enough dudes, I'd suggest if you don't get enough by like Friday, pushing it back a day. Sucks, because I might have it Saturday."
That's what I think will likely happen too...I'm not sure if there will be enough people with the game by Friday. I just got it tonight and would rather give it an extra week to become more familiar with the game. A Saints Row 2 BR could be a good idea, but I don't know how many people have that game either..."
I don't know, maybe stick with a game that many are familiar with or just give it people an extra day or two...I mean, if I get the game Saturday (from GameFly), I will probably go straight to the map editor and fiddle around with it for a few hours.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I would love to play....but late Friday might not be as easy as Saturday which I would be all over! Especially since I get it Friday, talk about a learning curve.... ;)

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_

I'll go ask Systech to change it to Saturday. Sounds like the better day for everyone.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush
Karmum said:
"I don't know, maybe stick with a game that many are familiar with or just give it people an extra day or two...I mean, if I get the game Saturday (from GameFly), I will probably go straight to the map editor and fiddle around with it for a few hours."
I'm sure people are sick of COD by now, but I would be interested in going back and trying out COD2 again. Sort of like a retrospective on how COD has changed from COD2 ...or maybe GRAW. Actually, I think a Burnout Paradise BR would be awesome! I love that game and that would be something different than just another shooter.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum
Kush said:
"Karmum said:
"I don't know, maybe stick with a game that many are familiar with or just give it people an extra day or two...I mean, if I get the game Saturday (from GameFly), I will probably go straight to the map editor and fiddle around with it for a few hours."
I'm sure people are sick of COD by now, but I would be interested in going back and trying out COD2 again. Sort of like a retrospective on how COD has changed from COD2 ...or maybe GRAW. Actually, I think a Burnout Paradise BR would be awesome! I love that game and that would be something different than just another shooter."
I was definitely not referring to COD4, of all games. But if it gets changed to Saturday, this might attract a few more people, hope my game comes Saturday.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Systech

Alright, I have rescheduled the Run in another topic for Saturday so go post in their if you want in.

Also: Delete topic

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Hamz

Locked, check the new thread.