#1 Edited by Systech (4078 posts) -


Please Don't Cry

Hey, Giant Bomb dudes, the weekly Bombing Run that is known as Far Cry 2 has finally been confirmed... and I'm not hosting it, I'm just the messenger for now. Don't worry, it's most likely that I will be there and on time (I just don't have Far Cry at the moment). EDIT: I will also probably be there "for sure, but send a friend request to Gamertag mailman b (known better as Jayge here on the site) to get into the Bombing Run. If you've been yearning for a new game to play with the community, here is your chance.

Need to Know Info

Game: Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
Date: Saturday October 25
Time: 8:30PM EST (5:30PM PST)
Host GT: mailman b

Participants

Jayge (mailman b)
systech (systech217)
Kush (CannoliCrasher)
WallacetheGreat (WallaceheGreat)
albedos shadow (albedosshadow)
Godzilla Sushi
#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Hey guys, just confirming that I'll be hosting due to Systech's unsure game-received status. Also- we'll be doing custom matches, so we have room for up to 16 dudes (which I can host, very well). If you have any custom map you've downloaded or created that you think would be great to test or play, feel free to shoot me a PM here or on XBL (gamertag is in Systech's post). Include the name of the map, and I'll search for it and download it. See you on Friday >.>

#3 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Put me down as a maybe, I have no idea if I will be or not.

#4 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Hey guys, just confirming that I'll be hosting due to Systech's unsure game-received status. Also- we'll be doing custom matches, so we have room for up to 16 dudes (which I can host, very well). If you have any custom map you've downloaded or created that you think would be great to test or play, feel free to shoot me a PM here or on XBL (gamertag is in Systech's post). Include the name of the map, and I'll search for it and download it. See you on Friday >.>"
Nice copy and paste, Jayge. Yeah, guys, just follow and him and you will be there.
#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Alright...you can place me on this list.

#6 Posted by WallacetheGreat (555 posts) -

I could probably join this time, so sign me up.

#7 Edited by MB (12741 posts) -

I just picked up Far Cry 2, playing it now in fact, and I'd love to join in on this...but Saturday night?  If my 360 had a fully functional vagina I would be a lot more likely to stay home and play video games...but seeing as how even the power of technology hasn't solved that problem yet, I have to leave the house still.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
MB said:
"I just picked up Far Cry 2, playing it now in fact, and I'd love to join in on this...but Saturday night?  If my 360 had a fully functional vagina I would be a lot more likely to stay home and play video games...but seeing as how even the power of technology hasn't solved that problem yet, I have to leave the house still."
We were doing friday, but the majority of people couldn't make it unless it was Saturday. Sorry, Mr. Big.
#9 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Put me down as a maybe, it depends on if Gamefly comes through for me or not.

#10 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
albedos_shadow said:
"Put me down as a maybe, it depends on if Gamefly comes through for me or not."
Good luck with that, doesn't look like it will for me.
#11 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Cool, cool, slowly building a group :-P

#12 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Cool, cool, slowly building a group :-P"
Is this supposed to be a bump post, because that's what mine is too.
#13 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
systech said:
"Jayge said:
"Cool, cool, slowly building a group :-P"
Is this supposed to be a bump post, because that's what mine is too."
I have no idea what you're talking about, good sir.
#14 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Is there no Far Cry 2 love here on the 360? Is everyone just playing Fable 2?... ...goes back to playing Fable 2.

#15 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Any word on that map, Kush?

#16 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

I'm gonna try to see if I can rent a copy to join in with you guys while we record tommorow. 

#17 Posted by MB (12741 posts) -

Gah!  Still recording on Saturday night?  Don't any of you people, you know...go out?

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
MB said:
"Gah!  Still recording on Saturday night?  Don't any of you people, you know...go out?"
I was actually supposed to be in New York City this Saturday night, but two out of 4 of us had to cancel so me and the other guy just decided to wait a week or two.
#19 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Take me off, don't think GameFly is sending it out today, and therefore won't have it Saturday. Don't think I will be buying FC2 or Fable II this weekend, either.

#20 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

We just got 4 copies of Far Cry 2 in at work today...but unfortunately, I'll be working during the Bombing Run time.

I'm telling you guys...Wednesdays and Thursdays. lol
#21 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Alright, got it, count me in!

#22 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

How about a Fallout 3 bombing run with 8 player chat jk since it isnt out yet but I chose Fallout 3 over Far Cry 2 but have fun guys

#23 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"How about a Fallout 3 bombing run with 8 player chat jk since it isnt out yet but I chose Fallout 3 over Far Cry 2 but have fun guys"
I was actually joking about that not too long ago. Yes, I would also pick Fallout 3 over Far Cry 2 any day, but with all the multiplayer games coming out around the time of the update, I wouldn't find that too practical. If we are bored one week, it's possible I might decide to do that.
#24 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

roar, should be on the PC
:(

#25 Posted by WallacetheGreat (555 posts) -

This thread is being neglected. We need more players!!! :'(

#26 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

We do need more players...I haven't even tried out the online yet; is there a party system?

#27 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I'll send a request soon. Is anyone else having a terrible time with disconnects online?

I've played two full games over the course of a few hours. I get about half-way and something happens.

#28 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Kush said:
"We do need more players...I haven't even tried out the online yet; is there a party system?"
Not that I know of; we'd probably have to just get lucky or stick with custom games.

Godzilla_Sushi said:
"I'll send a request soon. Is anyone else having a terrible time with disconnects online?

I've played two full games over the course of a few hours. I get about half-way and something happens."
That's strange. Hopefully that wouldn't happen if you join us.

Join us!
#29 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Where is the Far Cry 2 console love everyone? Can we not even find 8 participants...

#30 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Kush said:
"Where is the Far Cry 2 console love everyone? Can we not even find 8 participants..."
I dunno. Too many people bought it on other platforms :-P
#31 Posted by MB (12741 posts) -
Kush said:
"Where is the Far Cry 2 console love everyone? Can we not even find 8 participants..."

Halloween Party > Far Cry 2...move bombing run to Sundays!
Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

:(

#33 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
MB said:
"Halloween Party > Far Cry 2...move bombing run to Sundays!"
I don't like playing dress up :P
#34 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -
Jayge said:


Godzilla_Sushi said:
"I'll send a request soon. Is anyone else having a terrible time with disconnects online?

I've played two full games over the course of a few hours. I get about half-way and something happens."
That's strange. Hopefully that wouldn't happen if you join us.

Join us!
"
Yeah I sent my request to you. Don't know what is wrong with the connection stuff though. My only guess is that someone leaves the match and that affects me. Maybe the host, who knows.

The more I play this game, the more clear it becomes.....this is definitely a PC shooter first.
#35 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I'm going to keep on boycotting the Bombing Run until you change the time to 6:30 EST so Europeans don't get the rough end of the stick.

#36 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Quite unfortunate, could have bought FC2 or F2 today, and picked Fable II. But hey, if I bought FC2, I would have found out GameFly was sending FC2 to me Tuesday!

#37 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"I'm going to keep on boycotting the Bombing Run until you change the time to 6:30 EST so Europeans don't get the rough end of the stick."
We're going to keep telling you that one of you Euros needs to pick up the slack and make a European one. Seriously. Making it in the middle of dinner-time really isn't that great of an idea o.0
#38 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I finally tried some online MP and it was actually a lot of fun and ran real smooth. It was kinda odd that I got banned from my first 3 games for some reason...guess FC2 players don't like cannoli.

#39 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Gizmo said:
"I'm going to keep on boycotting the Bombing Run until you change the time to 6:30 EST so Europeans don't get the rough end of the stick."
We're going to keep telling you that one of you Euros needs to pick up the slack and make a European one. Seriously. Making it in the middle of dinner-time really isn't that great of an idea o.0"
  Didn't someone tried to organize a euro bombing run? Just so everyone know i got the PC version of FC2 so i pass for today, but i be back went Gear 2 is out.
#40 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Agent_Lost said:
"Didn't someone tried to organize a euro bombing run? Just so everyone know i got the PC version of FC2 so i pass for today, but i be back went Gear 2 is out."
I think someone once tried a Euro BR, but it failed horribly from what I heard.
#41 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Pfft. No one buys PC versions of anything.

#42 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Still got 45 minutes to sign up, taking last calls.

#43 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would really love this MP if the respawn times weren't so awful...

#44 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Kush said:
"I would really love this MP if the respawn times weren't so awful..."
I still love it :-P
#45 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I think this will be a good game to come back to when more GBers own it.

#46 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Definitely. We still had fun though :-P

#47 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -
Kush said:
"I think this will be a good game to come back to when more GBers own it."
Yeah, I could go for a repeat in a couple weeks.
#48 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It was definitely a good time and I like of the user-map system doesn't make it impossible to play maps that everyone doesn't have...you just download it on the spot. If only the spawn-times were either shorter, or a consistent time I'd be happy. At one time I respawned in under a second and was caught off guard dying right then and there.

#49 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

I want to buy this, but Little Big Planet will consume my life until my Xbox comes back from repair, and then I will play Fable 2.