This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hahtaki (1 posts) -

As you may or may not know the Borderlands 2 Loot Box Edition has already sold out. With this leaves many hardcore Borderlands fans left out in the cold. I have started this petition in hope that Gearbox makes more of these loot boxes.

Click on the link below and put your name down to make this happen.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/borderlands_2/

#2 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Online petitions never work and only make you look silly. 

#3 Posted by Zacagawea (1589 posts) -

Holy shit, really? I'll sign later when I'm not on my iPad.

#4 Posted by Humanity (9053 posts) -

@Gargantuan said:

I'd be interested if anyone had any examples of online petitions actually working - as I share this view but am not 100% certain that they've NEVER worked.

#5 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Define 'hardcore Borderlands fans'.

#6 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4967 posts) -

#yearofthepetition

#7 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

#8 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Gargantuan said:

I'd be interested if anyone had any examples of online petitions actually working - as I share this view but am not 100% certain that they've NEVER worked.

There was that petition for Dark Souls on PC. Granted it was part of a larger effort, but the thread the petition was proposed in was the one staff replied to with "you now have our attention".

#9 Posted by VierasTalo (742 posts) -
@mandude said:

@Humanity said:

@Gargantuan said:

There was that petition for Dark Souls on PC. Granted it was part of a larger effort, but the thread the petition was proposed in was the one staff replied to with "you now have our attention".

Wasn't there also some petition that made Nintendo put out Xenoblade and The Last Story in the US?
#10 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

You ain't hardcore enough if you haven't already pre-ordered it!

#11 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

Why does everyone want this Loot Box Edition so badly that I keep hearing about? What exactly is included in it?

#12 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I'd like to see her loot box edition

#13 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

Why does everyone want this Loot Box Edition so badly that I keep hearing about? What exactly is included in it?

Loot.

#14 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

Yeah, that' pretty fucking hot hardcore...*whispers* thank you!

I'll only sign a petition that won't work if i care about the cause. Otherwise, no deal bro.

#15 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
I'd like to see her loot box edition
*high fives*
#16 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@mandude:

Yar har, we be pirates, hand over all your loot and treasure.

#17 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

@Nilazz said:

You ain't hardcore enough if you haven't already pre-ordered it!

that thing was sold it so fast (a few days or less even, I believe?)

Randy Pitchford said on the Gamespot stage that they have approached 2k about this and they're trying but can't promise anything.

#18 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

@VierasTalo said:

@mandude said:

@Humanity said:

@Gargantuan said:

Wasn't there also some petition that made Nintendo put out Xenoblade and The Last Story in the US?

Xenoblade was already released in English for Europe, so the amount of effort it took to bring it over to the US was minimal. It was probably always the intention to do it, I doubt the petition/internet demands had much to do with it.

I could definitely see them doing a second run of this loot box edition though, if there's enough demand. If people are willing to pay for plastic junk, why not let them.

#19 Posted by Hunger (19 posts) -

Yes yes, let's all demand more loot boxes and then when that doesn't work end up giving them money anyways. This is also known as the reason why nothing good comes out of petitions.  

Doesn't matter; got paid by the people complaining

#20 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

As a huge fan of Borderlands who has taken a stance similar to Jeff's "I'm ready to just play it already, I know I want that game", I'd like to hear more about this. It's apparently sold out and I haven't even heard about it.

#21 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (881 posts) -

Oh, for fucks sake! I wanted that thing! But I couldn't find anywhere in Europe to pre-order it. Not yet anyway. But I guess that means I won't be able to get it. Fucked because I happen to live in Europe once again.

#22 Posted by Ninja (524 posts) -

Yay petition time.

I do think a lot of companies could handle there limited editions better though, the "mass effect 3 special super kill the bad guys get a N7 patch" was handles very badly in the UK, the collapse of GAME at the time didn't help though.

#23 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

Though I am loathe to recommend this company, www.game.co.uk has them available for preorder, all platforms.

#24 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -

This thread is bad and you should feel bad for making it.

#25 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -
#26 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

"A real hardcore Borderlands fan would have already preordered the loot edition box." I said smugly.

#27 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (833 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

"A real hardcore Borderlands fan would have already preordered the loot edition box." I said smugly.

#28 Posted by Jeust (10548 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

@VierasTalo said:

@mandude said:

@Humanity said:

@Gargantuan said:

Xenoblade was already released in English for Europe, so the amount of effort it took to bring it over to the US was minimal. It was probably always the intention to do it, I doubt the petition/internet demands had much to do with it.

I could definitely see them doing a second run of this loot box edition though, if there's enough demand. If people are willing to pay for plastic junk, why not let them.

why is the fact that it might not work such big of an issue? Don't we in our lives try a bunch of stuff that doesn't pan out in the end, but we try it anyway? shame? there is a saying that goes like "he who has shame starves". If we don't fight for what we want we'll hardly get it, whatever it might be. 

if you like a petition sign it, don't let the internet shame stop you. ahah
#29 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

@Gargantuan said:

It's just like voting. Waste of your time.

#30 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Gargantuan said:

Dark Souls is getting a PC release due to the success of its online petition.

The best way to get attention in this day and age, though, is to have everyone bombard twitter. Who's Gearbox's head?

#31 Posted by StarvingGamer (8138 posts) -

@SpartanAmbrose said:

@devilzrule27 said:

That guy brings his kid to the pool I work at.

#32 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@SpartanAmbrose said:

@devilzrule27 said:

That guy brings his kid to the pool I work at.

Is his head as giant in real life as it appears on TV?

#33 Posted by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -

I think there's room for the discussion of a lack of supply of this product on the site, but please don't sign up to the site just to post a link to whatever you like. It's spam, it violates the rules, and it comes across as tacky.