Borderlands GotY edition on sale for $9.99

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mitsuko_souma

Borderlands Game of the Year edition for 360/PS3 is on sale for $9.99 at Best Buy with a preorder of Borderlands 2. The GotY edition includes all 4 DLC expansions. If you haven't played this game yet, DO IT NOW. It is amazing.

Also if you don't want to keep the preorder, you can always cancel it. I don't think they will give you your $5 in cash back, but they will give you a $5 gift card.

P.S. for some reason it won't let me search for "Borderlands" to attach this to it?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

That's cheaper or on par with just the last DLC. Just might be worth it.

@mitsuko_souma: Search seems busted for me right now, might be the culprit.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Aside from having to pre-order a game, that is a fantastic deal. Not that I suspect Borderlands 2 will be anything short of awesome, I just don't cotton to pre-ordering games.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

I'll just wait for the goty edition to go on sale on steam, already have the game and just about every dlc on ps3 so no need to go get the 360 version as I save my 360 for the exclusives.

keris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By keris
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Skytylz

Great deal if this is console versions, but for pc definitely go with suggestion.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By RawknRo11a
@keris

Amazon Downloads has Borderlands GOTYfor $7.49 right now.

Yea, picked this up yesterday even though I've got all the achievements in the 360 version
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@MooseyMcMan said:

Aside from having to pre-order a game, that is a fantastic deal. Not that I suspect Borderlands 2 will be anything short of awesome, I just don't cotton to pre-ordering games.

You do know that by pre-ordering the game you also get an entire new playable character a month or two after the game has been released, right? Seems like a pretty good incentive.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

You do know that by pre-ordering the game you also get an entire new playable character a month or two after the game has been released, right? Seems like a pretty good incentive.

I have no interest in playing a Borderlands game as anything other than the regular-ass-soldier-guy-class. And if I did, it wouldn't be as a Mechcromancer. Maybe the Gunzerker, but probably not even that.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@Skytylz said:

Great deal if this is console versions, but for pc definitely go with suggestion.

Yes it is the console version. I'm sure these kinds of sale prices can be found for direct download/Steam regularly, but for the physical disc console version this is an amazing deal. If I didn't have the game already, I would definitely be getting this.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Lukeweizer

I feel like most people who pre-order Borderlands 2 have played Borderlands. But even if you have played 2 pieces of the DLC, I guess it's worth it.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By nickux

@mitsuko_souma: If I have a save file from the original Borderlands will it be compatible with the GOTY edition of the game?

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@nickux said:

@mitsuko_souma: If I have a save file from the original Borderlands will it be compatible with the GOTY edition of the game?

Yes it will be compatible. The way the GotY disc works is that it has the regular game, and then it has all 4 DLC included right on the disk which you can download from a menu on the Xbox Dashboard or XMB on PS3. So you could play it w/o the DLCs, or just download the ones you don't have, or download all of them. Then when you start up the game, a message pops up that says, "blah blah blah extra content has been installed"