Borderlands or Forza 3?

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Damien

So I'm looking for a third game to get for free in the Best Buy's 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' sale and I'm torn between the previously mentioned.

Borderlands looks good but there are still a few bugs out there, a few game-breaking.  I also wonder how well the multiplayer will hold up in the coming weeks.  And I wonder if the price will drop relatively soon, due to sale or poor sales.

Forza 3 is a different situation.  I've never really gotten into sim racing games before, but F3 is supposed to be really helpful in that department.  I also imagine this will have long legs so no multiplayer concerns.  Due to this being a first party game, I expect the price won't go down for a while.

This is my dilemma and I just wanted to see what GB thinks.  In all likelihood, I will probably make a decision right then and there and be happy with either choice.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Burns098356GX

If you dont like racing, or cars, you wont like forza 3.
I like racing and cars, and i still dont like forza 3.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By ez123

Forza is a quality product and will last you alot longer.

Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Tirrandir

I say Forza, if only because that game's going to be played for YEARS.  Until the next one comes out.  The value proposition is WAY higher.  Also, you'll probably see a Borderlands Steam deal in a few months, I'm sure.

ALEXGREY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ALEXGREY

BORDERLANDS
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK

Basically, if you have even the slightest boyish interest in cars i think you will enjoy forza 3 more. 

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Th3dz

I bought both, but I haven't even tried Forza yet, Borderlands is keeping me away from it! I say Borderlands!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By grilledcheez

Both, but I would have to pick Forza 3 over Borderlands simply because of my allegiance to the franchise.
SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By SlantedRoom

Dude, Boraderlands.. 100% Borderlands.. No question, that game is awesome
mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By mordecaix7

I would say Borderlands as well but perhaps you could mention what the other two games are that you're buying to get the buy 2 get 1 free deal?

Maybe you should get both Forza 3 and Borderlands and trade out one of the other games :)

kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingkorn69

Borderlands all the way

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Damien
@Tirrandir: No steam for me.

@mordecaix7: Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank
Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nock

you might as well ask if you want cake or pie, ya they eat about the same but are way different products. I like pie btw, pie aka borderlands, but that's not to say cake is bad either.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordecaix7
@Damien said:
"@mordecaix7: Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank "
ooo... that is hard... I don't have a PS3 but I REALLY want to play both...

I'd still put my vote in for Borderlands.  You can't give up Uncharted 2 or Ratchet and Clank.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Damien
@mordecaix7 said:
" @Damien said:
"@mordecaix7: Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank "
ooo... that is hard... I don't have a PS3 but I REALLY want to play both...  I'd still put my vote in for Borderlands.  You can't give up Uncharted 2 or Ratchet and Clank. "
Yeh I know.  At this point, I think I'm leaning toward Borderlands.
Avatar image for martinvsyolatengo
martinvsyolatengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't interested in Borderlands until I watched the GameTrailers video review, and somehow it just clicked on me. I have the game and it's highly addictive and entertaining... and I'm not even playing online!

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By r0k1ll

I would say Forza since you are already getting a shooter and one kinda shooter.  Forza will last you a long time, and has more replay since all borderlands is, is basically a single player game with co-op, whereas Forza has multiplayer too. If you don't have a few friends with Borderlands, I wouldn't get it.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#18  Edited By Soap

Forza 3 by a fucking mile. Don't get me wrong, Borderlands is great, but Forza 3 is just incredible

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By septim

Can't really go wrong with either. I would probably trade my copy of Borderlands for a copy of Forza now. I got to lvl 20 and it was fun but I just don't feel that compelled to get back into it. The setting is just too monotonous after a certain point. It needed some variation.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nail1080

Boderlands is a poor mans Fallout 3 with terrible graphics and highly repetitive gameplay, and it will take you only 18 hours to see everything that the game has on offer (main story and sidequests). Jeff said in his review that yes there are loads of weapons, but you end you sticking to 1 throughout the game as there's no incentive to switch. The online mode will be dead in  month and you're better off missing it anyway as there is no proper trading options, which is odd considering that the whole point of the game is collecting things. It's short and it will be cheap to buy pretty soon, so go for Forza 3, an amazing game that will last you 10 times longer than Boarderlands...

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Babble

Download the Forza 3 demo, if that type of racing isn't your style you should probably avoid it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iam3green
@Th3dz said:
" I bought both, but I haven't even tried Forza yet, Borderlands is keeping me away from it! I say Borderlands! "
same lol. i also bought need for speed shift a couple weeks before that. i'm playing shift and borderlands right now. a couple weeks before that i bought uncharted 1.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By meteora

Forza 3. Borderlands multiplayer might take a beating when MW2 comes out.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Borderlands. No question. 

Do it.

Game rocks.

Go.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xyzygy

Personally, I would say swap R&C to get both Forza and Borderlands, but if you're a fan of R&C I guess I can't change your mind. If you have any inling of an interest in cars, go to Forza 3. If you like RPGs and shooters, go Borderlands. 

Don't listen to the dude above who said Borderlands is a poor man's Fallout 3 - they are totally different games with different strengths and weaknesses. 

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vade

I have both and Forza 3 is keeping me away from Borderlands.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK
@Damien said:
" @Tirrandir: No steam for me.

@mordecaix7: Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank "
ditch ratchet and clank, done and dusted
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wizdom

Forza 3 is the better overall game according to the scores but if you don't like racing games its hard to jusitfy picking it up, I would go with Borderlands, unless you like racing games then go with Forza 3.
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Slippy

Neither - there are better games than Borderlands and you don't like racing games.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By penguindust
Borderlands kept me up until 2 AM for three nights straight.  I didn't mean to play that long but it's always "just one more quest" or "I'm so near to leveling...just a bit longer".  Forza looks great, but if you are like me, I prefer my racers more arcadey like Burnout.  You can dial Forza back to play like an arcade racer, but then why not just play Burnout?  But, maybe you are looking to expand your game library.  In that case, you may want to go with Forza.  But it really depends if you like racing games.  Otherwise it will just sit on your shelf unplayed. Even if you don't get into it as deeply as I have, if you choose Borderlands, I'm pretty sure it will get played.