Bound by Flame: Seems ok innitially (But holy crap it's not)

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strathy

The quicklook for this looked like a bit of dumb fun so I thought I'd check it out. Turns out the first act is pretty ok, and then HO-LEE-SHIT! this game takes one of the sharpest dives into the depths of unfathomable badness I have ever seen. My review is up here http://www.giantbomb.com/bound-by-flame/3030-41791/user-reviews/2200-27348

Read it or not, you have been warned....

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sterling

Incorrect.

No Caption Provided

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Yep pretty much, I wanted to post my own revised opinion in the video comments, but just couldn't be fucked.

Just like Mars: War Logs the game tries to put it's best foot forward, but behind the initial ok stuff it quickly degrades into a mess. The story goes from something interesting to a clusterfuck, enemies become sponges of chore, the areas are samey bland corridors and that last bossfight and story dump, oh boy.

MachoLucha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 3

I thought it was pretty bad right off the bat, but that it could still just be mindless fun... Nope. I thought it looked a little Dark Souls-esque so was excited to play it, even did a video playthrough... God was I disappointed. And yeah, that final part of the game is just the worst.

I love how no one gives a shit that you're turning into a demon, yet go screaming when they see Mathras...

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying so far but I want it to be shit, glad to know it will be. I like to play bad games when drinking (just beat Spidey 2 on ps4) so hopefully this will meet that quota lol. God Spidey was terrible but the perfect game to play drunk cause it's so bad.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Dammit I was wondering whether I should get it.

I'm enjoying so far but I want it to be shit, glad to know it will be. I like to play bad games when drinking (just beat Spidey 2 on ps4) so hopefully this will meet that quota lol. God Spidey was terrible but the perfect game to play drunk cause it's so bad.

Lol that's funny :D

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

It might not be the right kind of bad, but Puzzle Bots is not very good. You know, if you're ever in the mood for a mediocre adventure/puzzle game where a "wacky" cast of unfunny, thoroughly unlikable characters act out a plot that feels alarmingly like self-insertion fan fiction.

Avatar image for captplaceholder
CaptPlaceholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strathy:

I enjoyed the game. It is by no means great, the story is mediocre, and the difficulty has some incredibly stupid spikes, but it isn't "bad" persay.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By veektarius

I would give it at least 2 stars for the amount of time it wasn't bad, that is to say, through act 1 and most of act 2. Maybe 3 stars. But I could tell I was getting too much for my money and was expecting the drop in quality that ultimately occurred. When I was forced to make a choice between the Elves and the witch's exposed breasts, I chose the Elves, and when there was never any graphical or story indication of my having done so and it just skipped forward to me on a ledge, I started getting suspicious. When the ledge turned into an endless monster corridor without any story context, I knew it wasn't about to get any better. I put the game down after a series of frustrating deaths to one of those bullshit double shield skeletons and I doubt I'll pick it back up. Bright side - it got me in the mindset I needed to be to finally get back to the Witcher 2 and so I'm well on my way to beating that game after it sitting on the shelf for like 2 years.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

Always seemed like an early-gen-RPG-drought-exploiting cashgrab to me, eversince I've spotted it in my local eShop's release calendar and googled it. I guess cashgrab is a bit harsh, since it implies that they've just phoned it in.

At least Spiders seems to be trying. Just not with my money.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pyrodactyl

I would give it at least 2 stars for the amount of time it wasn't bad, that is to say, through act 1 and most of act 2. Maybe 3 stars. But I could tell I was getting too much for my money and was expecting the drop in quality that ultimately occurred. When I was forced to make a choice between the Elves and the witch's exposed breasts, I chose the Elves, and when there was never any graphical or story indication of my having done so and it just skipped forward to me on a ledge, I started getting suspicious. When the ledge turned into an endless monster corridor without any story context, I knew it wasn't about to get any better. I put the game down after a series of frustrating deaths to one of those bullshit double shield skeletons and I doubt I'll pick it back up. Bright side - it got me in the mindset I needed to be to finally get back to the Witcher 2 and so I'm well on my way to beating that game after it sitting on the shelf for like 2 years.

Playing that game instead of the witcher 2 sounds like a crime against humanity.

DemonicGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am midway through Act 2, and I was told to not play any of Act 3. Just stop after the end of 2. I'm kinda curious, but also pretty worried.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vanick

My biggest problem with the game is that the balance of the combat just seems way off. I'm okay with taking just a few hits for my character to die but the enemies can take way too much damage even when your doing critical hits. Combat became such a chore it just stopped being fun at all.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By veektarius
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new game for $49.99, from a unheard developer. Who saw this coming?

( I did)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@marcsman said:

A new game for $49.99, from a unheard developerthe guys who made Mars: War Logs. Who saw this coming?

( I did)

Once I realized who was making this game, I realized two things: 1. It probably isn't very good. and 2. I bet there is some ironic fun to be had when this sucker is $5.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Humanity
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@marcsman said:

A new game for $49.99, from a unheard developerthe guys who made Mars: War Logs. Who saw this coming?

( I did)

Once I realized who was making this game, I realized two things: 1. It probably isn't very good. and 2. I bet there is some ironic fun to be had when this sucker is $5.

I did it for science.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@arbitrarywater said:

@marcsman said:

( I did)

I did it for science.

And for your sacrifice Humanity thanks you.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't know... i'm part way through Act 2 and am actually enjoying it quite a bit. The comments about it turning into garbage in Act 3 certainly aren't encouraging, but I plan to persevere. Keep in mind, though, that this is coming from a guy who just completed and thoroughly enjoyed Venetica.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I think Vinny kind of nailed it in the Quick Look. These games seem like they were written by angry teenagers.