Bout to pawn my Wii...

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

... and I was wondering about all the VC and Wiiware stuff I've purchased. Could I put all that on an SD card and save it? So I could play it over at my friends house or something?

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Plasma

In Communist Russia the Wii pawns you!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Godwind

No you cannot.  It can only be played on the Wii it was purchased.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

I'm pretty sure that VC stuff is tied to the console...

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By PureRok

If you're going to get rid of your Wii, why bother saving the games? And if you're going to save the games (which hints that you intend to maybe buy the Wii again at some point), why bother getting rid of your Wii to begin with?

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

I wanna buy a ticket to Bonnaroo.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Jensonb
r3b3lr0b0t said:
"I wanna buy a ticket to Bonnaroo."
Is there nothing else you can sell?

Also, don't Pawn things. It's silly. Use eBay.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've decided that instead of selling mine, I'm gonna donate it somewhere. To a kid's hospital or something. However, after seeing that Punch-Out commercial, I think I may just have to play that before giving up on my Wii completely. Who knows? Maybe Little Mac can save my Wii AND get the world championship title!

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By brainwins

I have never bought anything from my Wii (WiiWare), so I don't know how it works. But just be sure your info, like credit card and stuff like, is not stored on its internal memory.
A friend told me to be careful about this but I don't know how true it is.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jensonb said:
Is there nothing else you can sell?Also, don't Pawn things. It's silly. Use eBay."
This. 
I'm also selling my Wii soon, as I never play it other then when I have my friend's over, who all have Wii's they can bring to my house. 
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By fr0br0
TheGreatGuero said:
"I've decided that instead of selling mine, I'm gonna donate it somewhere. To a kid's hospital or something. However, after seeing that Punch-Out commercial, I think I may just have to play that before giving up on my Wii completely. Who knows? Maybe Little Mac can save my Wii AND get the world championship title!"
Don't give it to a kids hospital. Those kids are too sick and weak to flail their arms around for hours without stopping. You will only crush their spirits...
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Willy105

No!

You won't keep it, everything you buy is locked to your Wii. It ONLY plays on that one Wii. Otherwise, you have to buy it again.

Besides, why would you want to pwn your Wii?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By artofwar420

Don't pawn it! You'll regret it!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By JJOR64

Only those VC games will work with that Wii.  Also what they said above, use eBay.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Fr0Br0 said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"I've decided that instead of selling mine, I'm gonna donate it somewhere. To a kid's hospital or something. However, after seeing that Punch-Out commercial, I think I may just have to play that before giving up on my Wii completely. Who knows? Maybe Little Mac can save my Wii AND get the world championship title!"
Don't give it to a kids hospital. Those kids are too sick and weak to flail their arms around for hours without stopping. You will only crush their spirits..."
Dang, good call. Any suggestions then? I don't want to give it to an elderly home. I've been trying to find some really great kid to give it to, but I don't really know any.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By keyhunter

Give it to my brothers kids so he can give me back my Wii.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By AgentJ

He should maybe talk to Nintendo support. I doubt itll matter, but they might be able to save his information in some database until he gets another Wii. Again, i Highly doubt it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
AgentJ said:
"He should maybe talk to Nintendo support. I doubt itll matter, but they might be able to save his information in some database until he gets another Wii. Again, i Highly doubt it."

Not likely, games are tied to the machine, if you cannot prove you own the Wii then you cease ownership of those games.

If your console breaks and cannot be repaired, your Wii number, and in turn games, can be implanted onto another console at a later date, meaning you could re download all your old games.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By meptron

First of all, you should listen to the others and sell it on ebay or craigslist. You'll get a much higher price instead of being raped by the pawn shop. You should also charge a premium because of the downloaded content on the console, which the pawn shop would never recognize...