#1 Posted by Aegon (5712 posts) -

Did he not say that he didn't want a Wii U?...Like, at all? Maybe I'm misremembering. Confirm or deny this.

#2 Edited by SMTDante89 (2604 posts) -

Yeah, he picked it up about four days ago. Can't quite confirm or deny when or if he ever said that though.

#3 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

But will he play Super Mario Galaxy?

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7566 posts) -

Well if he just bought a Wii U he still doesn't have a Wiimote or nunchuck so it looks like he won't.

#5 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5825 posts) -

I wonder what finally drove him to bite the bullet. Windwaker? Discount sale? Whatever the reason, I hope he finally plays Mario Galaxy.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@msavo said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

Well if he just bought a Wii U he still doesn't have a Wiimote or nunchuck so it looks like he won't.

If he owned a Wii at any point, he should have at least one sitting around somewhere.

I wonder what finally drove him to bite the bullet. Windwaker? Discount sale? Whatever the reason, I hope he finally plays Mario Galaxy.

Maybe he's finally doing his job as a game reviewer. I kid, I kid!

#7 Edited by pyrodactyl (2209 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@msavo said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

If he owned a Wii at any point, he should have at least one sitting around somewhere.

He didn't. He bought Mario Galaxy but never bought a Wii. So dumb.

I own a WiiU but it's my monster hunter machine. Brad buying one is even stupider than him, not buying a Wii. I'm sure he'll like the new mario game but what then? Nintendo doesn't have ANYTHING interesting annouced passed that.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@msavo said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

I own a WiiU but it's my monster hunter machine. Brad buying one is even stupider than him, not buying a Wii. I'm sure he'll like the new mario game but what then? Nintendo doesn't have ANYTHING interesting annouced passed that.

What, you mean other than X, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Zelda Wii U, and other games like that? Nintendo's got games coming. It's not like the release schedule suddenly ends on December 31st.

#9 Posted by tysonwritesel (91 posts) -

B has to have one for work anyway.

#10 Edited by MEATBALL (3345 posts) -
#11 Posted by Slag (4646 posts) -

Honestly I kinda figure the review staff ought to have all the major systems anyway.

Kinda hard to review games without a system.

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11934 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@hailinel said:

@msavo said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

What, you mean other than X, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Zelda Wii U, and other games like that? Nintendo's got games coming. It's not like the release schedule suddenly ends on December 31st.

But how many of those games are better than Brothers? That's really the only metric that matters to Brad Shoemaker.

#13 Edited by super2j (1735 posts) -

I just realized that the red wii is still sitting on Drew's desk or something. Why didnt brad just use that to play mario galaxy??

#14 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

Truly, the end times are upon us.

@super2j said:

I just realized that the red wii is still sitting on Drew's desk or something. Why didnt brad just use that to play mario galaxy??

Because Brad is a hardware/graphics snob, and how could he deign to play on a Wii that doesn't even have online capabilities?

#15 Edited by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@hailinel said:

@msavo said:

@funkasaurasrex said:

But how many of those games are better than Brothers? That's really the only metric that matters to Brad Shoemaker.

In the world of my imagination, all of them. All of them out-Brothers Brothers. Even those with a complete lack of brothers, which I'm guessing is most if not all of them.

#16 Posted by super2j (1735 posts) -

@super2j said:

Because Brad is a hardware/graphics snob, and how could he deign to play on a Wii that doesn't even have online capabilities?

But Mario Galaxy has absolutely nothing to do with the internet. Its not COD where most of the game is online. He must just not really care to play Galaxy, like at all.

#17 Posted by ShaggE (6574 posts) -

Brad didn't get the Wii U. The Wii U... got Brad.

*nods sagely*

#18 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@super2j said:

@bisonhero said:

@super2j said:

But Mario Galaxy has absolutely nothing to do with the internet. Its not COD where most of the game is online. He must just not really care to play Galaxy, like at all.

That's the ridiculous part. If you buy a game you want to play, why would you not also buy the hardware to play it on?

#19 Posted by Angouri (233 posts) -

He'll play it about as much as he plays his Vita.

Which is to say, it will be a great dust collector as soon as SteamOS, Xbone and PS4 come out.

#20 Posted by Vuud (2033 posts) -

This is clearly a cry for help. With his dota habit, this is like switching from cocaine to huffing varnish.

#21 Posted by ch3burashka (5131 posts) -

@slag said:

Honestly I kinda figure the review staff ought to have all the major systems anyway.

That's why he doesn't review Wii U games.

#22 Edited by golguin (3982 posts) -

I'll combine Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 as a single game since the game physics are the same and you can combine all the stages and power ups together and you wouldn't really know which one belongs to which game. Together they make one of the best games this generation.

Brad has to get on that. Like seriously.

#23 Posted by Abendlaender (2845 posts) -

So what's the story behind his username BradxOr? Is there one?

#24 Edited by Humanity (9647 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

@slag said:

That's why he doesn't review Wii U games.

Seeing as they're in the office every day with all consoles readily available to them I think that would be a good time to review said games. If they're not playing games in the office for review purposes, then they must be sitting in meetings for 8 hours a day.

#25 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

I was hoping for another generation of him reviewing the most wii games without actually owning the console.

#26 Posted by Nights (615 posts) -

I'm truly shocked.

#27 Posted by Hugh_Jazz (366 posts) -

He picked a good time for it. There are some really good games out for it now, and the latest firmware update made the OS-level stuff a lot faster to navigate.

Maybe he'll get into Monster Hunter now?

#28 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Its weird how close I am to getting a Wii U. Its still way too expensive. The controller looks awkward for games like NBA2K14 (which is now a demo at retail kiosks) and Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Batman, Assassin's Creed, and anything not Rayman or first party. Dolphin on PC can upscale the Wii games much better. Wind Waker is the best game for it. But if at black friday, theres a cheap bundle, I'd go for it.

#29 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

@golguin said:

I'll combine Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 as a single game since the game physics are the same and you can combine all the stages and power ups together and you wouldn't really know which one belongs to which game. Together they make one of the best games this generation.

Brad has to get on that. Like seriously.

Actually Nintendo should get on that, for the WiiU. Not sure if "I" would buy those games again so soon, but it just sounds like a solid idea.

#30 Edited by isomeri (1335 posts) -

"HEY I BOUGHT A WII U"