This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pbhawks45 (819 posts) -

I'm sorry, but it had to be said. Brad is not a very good writer. He's probably a really nice guy and all, but his writing, in my opinion, is... generic. I feel like the guy has a voice of his own, but he's afraid to use it. His straight-forward posts really feel out of place in a laid-back environment like Giant Bomb. Also, I really don't like how he's using press releases to write the majority of his articles. It comes off as extremely lazy.

I like the fact that the site is trying to get more news content here. At the same time, I feel like there's a major reason why there aren't a whole lot of news stories on GB before; besides some major reveal, there isn't a whole lot of newsworthy events worth covering in the grand scheme of things. 

Am I the only one here?

#2 Posted by Whisperkill (3045 posts) -

To do news I think.

#3 Edited by Ace829 (2106 posts) -

To do news I think.

#4 Posted by kishan6 (1986 posts) -

he works here...

#5 Posted by Yummylee (24265 posts) -

I got nothing against him. His articles are as good as most articles GB has posted up, for me.

#6 Posted by Mmmslash (2199 posts) -

Brad is great, I think you're being a twat.

#7 Posted by AlwaysAngry (3004 posts) -

To do news I think.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -

To write Kotaku like news and trying to hard to make puns. 
I hope he'll get better at it at some point. 

but as I've said before (as a joke of course) I'm sure the giantbomb guys just hired the new guys so that the regular dudes can go to E3 and have "fun" there. 
Then when it's over both Fake Brad and Matt are gonna get fired "We don't need you guys anymore"  

I doubt that the guys would be that mean, but it still makes me laugh to think about it like that. 
But that's just me, my humor only makes me laugh

#9 Posted by Organicalistic_ (3092 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" I got nothing against him. His articles are as good as most articles GB has posted up, for me. "
eh, he does too many articles, he should go help them make more video reviews, or review older games
#10 Posted by Sanious (799 posts) -

Why are you here?

#11 Posted by mrariscottle (280 posts) -
@Sanious said:
" Why are you here? "
To do news I think...
#12 Posted by armaan8014 (5986 posts) -
@Whisperkill said:
" To do news I think. "
@Ace829 said:
" To do news I think. "
@AlwaysAngry said:
" To do news I think. "
@Fudgeman7 said:
" @Sanious said:
" Why are you here? "
To do news I think... "
#13 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1663 posts) -

It's his job.

#14 Posted by FireBurger (1553 posts) -

Quit bitching about the news stories. You get the same news (or lack there of) as before, but now with these extra stories on top. You don't like them, then just stick to the "old school" stuff. A lot of the GB community has to stop viewing themselves and this site as the "l337" of the gaming world and stop turning their damn noses up at everything that isn't a Quick Look or Endurance Run, saying that only "those other sites" have such garbage.

#15 Posted by dbz1995 (4960 posts) -

Still he gives out news, which is useful.

#16 Posted by MattyFTM (14726 posts) -

We already have a very long and in depth discussion about the style of the new news posts, let's keep this discussion there.