• 77 results
#1 Posted by Player01 (20 posts) -

It truly is the portal of this year, and if anyone has the cash to shell for this game, BUY IT IMMEDIATELY.
GTA IV isn't even as half as good as this game, and I haven;t play MGS4 yet, but yeah, PLAY IT.

#2 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Downloadable game of the year, maybe. But GTAIV is more fun, and lasts longer.

#3 Posted by Tearhead (2168 posts) -

You're comparing a puzzle game to GTA IV? I'm not saying Braid is not amazing as you claim (since I have no interest in the game)... but come on.

#4 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

braid is definately one of the game of the year canidates so far, one of my favorite games of all time. second favorite game this year.

#5 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

Never heard of it. :(

#6 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Braid lacks the length and replayability a game of the year needs. Metal Gear Solid 4 is my candidate for now. Braid could be considered, it just needed more.

#7 Posted by Player01 (20 posts) -

GTA IV got really terrible at the end for it, missions got annoying by constantly having to buy health/armor, redoing missions because a guy I didn't see wittled half my health away, etc.

Braid is truly a unique experience, if you have a 360, I suggest you try the demo, and if you remotely like it, then buy it, as it is that good.

#8 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Best downloadable/arcade game ever. I would definitely agree with you if it was longer, but it's short and sweet. Man it would be so epic if this game was as long as retail games.

#9 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I heard it was amazing but I thought MGS4 was godly

#10 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Really? I have yet to play it (will later this month when I am able to get back to the US), and from what I have read heard and seen it is incredibly clever and unique, but GOTY? Really? I just don't see it. Maybe downloadable GOTY? But I will need to play it once I get back to judge, seems like a lot of fun though.

#11 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I'm starting to think of downloading this, I've only heard good things about Braid.

#12 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -
BoG said:
"Braid lacks the length and replayability a game of the year needs. Metal Gear Solid 4 is my candidate for now. Braid could be considered, it just needed more."
For a $15 game, it needs a lot more. If it were just $5 or even $10, then it would be the right amount of content for the price.
#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

M$ bumped up the price once they heard all the hype coming out of the game. Is it really that good, I only saw my brother play the demo.

#14 Posted by TheBigTicket (41 posts) -

Braid is avarage....

#15 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

oh my god.  Seriously?  Braid is good, but it's nothing compared to a retail game, nothing. 

If you honstly think Braid is better than Lost Odyssey and Ninja Gaiden and MGS4 or even GTA4, I dunno what to say.  Not to mention Tales, Fallout, Banjo, Fable, etc.

#16 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

With games like Fallout 3 and Dead Space, not even mentioning GoW. I can't see an acrade game even in the top 10 candidates.

#17 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

At first I thought it said "Brad deserves GOTY so far."

#18 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I haven't played it yet but my GOTY so far is GTA IV.

#19 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
Shawn said:
"With games like Fallout 3 and Dead Space, not even mentioning GoW. I can't see an acrade game even in the top 10 candidates."

wow is this topic a joke game of year I know I have heard great things about it but in the end it is still a arcade game. Also so many other great games like ones listed  by shawn then farcry 2, left 4 dead
#20 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I found Braid to be terrible.

#21 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Met2609 said:
"BoG said:
"Braid lacks the length and replayability a game of the year needs. Metal Gear Solid 4 is my candidate for now. Braid could be considered, it just needed more."
For a $15 game, it needs a lot more. If it were just $5 or even $10, then it would be the right amount of content for the price."
I agree, I think it is overpriced a bit and the fact that they use that as an excuse to get more people to question/buy the game is laughable. It's great, really, but 15 is pushing it a bit from what I have understodd so far. Still have to play it, like I said, when I get back to US, but I still believe from what I know it should be a 10 dollar title.
#22 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
#23 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

N+ >>>>>> Braid

"
Undoubtedly. Unlimited potential content.
#24 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Now you're talking crazy.

With MGS4, GTA, etc. and RE5 and Fallout on the horizon this shit is pure unadulterated crazy talk. It's good yeah, but you're talking crazy.

#25 Posted by mikevanpwn (401 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

N+ >>>>>> Braid

"
Completely different games there.
#26 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
mikevanpwn said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"

N+ >>>>>> Braid

"
Completely different games there."
That has no bearing at all. OP compared it to GTA.
#27 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Shawn said:
"With games like Fallout 3 and Dead Space, not even mentioning GoW. I can't see an acrade game even in the top 10 candidates."

wow is this topic a joke game of year I know I have heard great things about it but in the end it is still a arcade game. Also so many other great games like ones listed  by shawn then farcry 2, left 4 dead"
See, there's so many games I completely forgot to add Farcry 2, and I am so excited for Farcry 2.
#28 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Games are games my friend. Seems like these days people can compare anything to anything.

#29 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

Length and replayability do not have anything to do with how a game should be judged.

#30 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
LuckyWanderDude said:
"Length and replayability do not have anything to do with how a game should be judged."
Actually they do, but only to an extent. I heard the term somewhere before, and it makes a lot of sense; 'gameplay per square foot', whether a game is 5 hours long or 15 hours long, with MP and co-op or without, how much gameplay there is packed into a game determines how good it really is.
#31 Posted by TurboMan (7550 posts) -

GTA and MGS 4 says hello.

#32 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Sentry said:
"LuckyWanderDude said:
"Length and replayability do not have anything to do with how a game should be judged."
Actually they do, but only to an extent. I heard the term somewhere before, and it makes a lot of sense; 'gameplay per square foot', whether a game is 5 hours long or 15 hours long, with MP and co-op or without, how much gameplay there is packed into a game determines how good it really is."

yea. it rerde to say t doesn't.
So I guess not, so devs wl feel really dumb making morethan 1 level.  Especially those 100 hour jrpgs
#33 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"LuckyWanderDude said:
Actually they do, but only to an extent. I heard the term somewhere before, and it makes a lot of sense; 'gameplay per square foot', whether a game is 5 hours long or 15 hours long, with MP and co-op or without, how much gameplay there is packed into a game determines how good it really is."

So I guess not, so devs wl feel really dumb making morethan 1 level.  Especially those 100 hour jrpgs"
I'm sorry but I barely understood that post... like at all. :(

Is your keyboard broken?
#34 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Braid is pretty cool(however I'm not wasting 1200 points on it) but besides the price and the length of the full game, from what I've heard, its pretty back and fourth.. competitor for GOTY? hell no, competitor for best XBLA game of this year? sure, that and Geometry wars 2 could have a good fight( it seems at least) except I like GeoWars 2 a lot more,braid has some really cool ideas though.

#35 Posted by angelkimne (173 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Braid is pretty cool(however I'm not wasting 1200 points on it) but besides the price and the length of the full game, from what I've heard, its pretty back and fourth.. competitor for GOTY? hell no, competitor for best XBLA game of this year? sure, that and Geometry wars 2 could have a good fight( it seems at least) except I like GeoWars 2 a lot more,braid has some really cool ideas though."
How do you know it would be a waste without buying it ???
You don't.
#36 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

I agree that Braid is great, but why do we need to even write the words "game of the year" before December? Most everyone regrets their previous claims about the best game of the year.

#37 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
angelkimne said:
"pause422 said:
"Braid is pretty cool(however I'm not wasting 1200 points on it) but besides the price and the length of the full game, from what I've heard, its pretty back and fourth.. competitor for GOTY? hell no, competitor for best XBLA game of this year? sure, that and Geometry wars 2 could have a good fight( it seems at least) except I like GeoWars 2 a lot more,braid has some really cool ideas though."
You don't."
And how do you know it will? Or won't? You just don't. How do you know Turok would be a waste without buying IT? You could use that logic for any and every game then. Couldn't you?
#38 Posted by AmericanPegasus (392 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Met2609 said:
"BoG said:
For a $15 game, it needs a lot more. If it were just $5 or even $10, then it would be the right amount of content for the price."
I agree, I think it is overpriced a bit and the fact that they use that as an excuse to get more people to question/buy the game is laughable. It's great, really, but 15 is pushing it a bit from what I have understodd so far. Still have to play it, like I said, when I get back to US, but I still believe from what I know it should be a 10 dollar title."
Ugh...how can you think a game is overpriced when you haven't even played  it. You also called it great...
#39 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

because I have no reason to waste money on an overpriced game just to reply to you with a change in my statement? the trial tells you plenty, and my friend bought the game and already beat it... thats enough reason its a waste to me, Geo Wars2 is addicting to continuously play because of constantly wanting to beat your own high score..it reminds me of how I spent my time at arcades back when I was younger, I just feel its way more worth the money.. I would pay 1200 for geoWars2 ,but not going to for braid.Trust me I love the whole concept of the game, the time control and the way some of the levels go forward and backwards in time depending on you moving is a really cool idea, I just generally don't like it enough to pay that money for it when I would really not play it all that often, its something I would play for a bit then quit and leave there...thats my just me, as the same about anyones opinion, you have your own, I have mine, I do know it would be a waste of money without buying it for a fact to"me", which you should assume I mean to begin with.

#40 Posted by angelkimne (173 posts) -
Sentry said:
"angelkimne said:
"pause422 said:
You don't."
And how do you know it will? Or won't? You just don't. How do you know Turok would be a waste without buying IT? You could use that logic for any and every game then. Couldn't you?"
Exactly, you could use it for anything. 
You don't know you won't like Braid enough for it too be worth that much without buying it, that's my point.
Same with any game.
#41 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Sentry said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"LuckyWanderDude said:

So I guess not, so devs wl feel really dumb making morethan 1 level.  Especially those 100 hour jrpgs"
I'm sorry but I barely understood that post... like at all. :(

Is your keyboard broken?"
actually, yes it was.  I have a wireless keyboard and  I sit it on my lap when I do my work at my desk. I apparently lags behind when Im at a distance.   Just got it it a couple of days agp/ 
But i meant to say: it's retarded to say it doesn't.  So I guess not, so devs will feel really dumb making more than 1 level.
#42 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

I'm not paying 1200 points for it, but the demo was pretty good. (I liked the writing).

I like N+ better. (Cheaper too).

#43 Edited by pause422 (6188 posts) -

and you just canceled out your own comment... its pointless, everyone has their own opinion about whether a game is worth it or not or good or not, no one here is saying "THIS IS A FACT BTW" its their own opinion...everyone can have one, let it go..not everyone likes the same types of games as much as others, some burn out of certain games faster, or just won't play them to the point that the price justifies it, just how it is...no one is exactly the same.

#44 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

N+ is better on the PC , its free :P

#45 Posted by angelkimne (173 posts) -
pause422 said:
"and you just canceled out your own comment... its pointless, everyone has their own opinion about whether a game is worth it or not or good or not, no one here is saying "THIS IS A FACT BTW" its their own opinion...everyone can have one, let it go..not everyone likes the same types of games as much as others, some burn out of certain games faster, or just won't play them to the point that the price justifies it, just how it is...no one is exactly the same."
Me ????
#46 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
angelkimne said:
"Sentry said:
"angelkimne said:
"pause422 said:
You don't."
And how do you know it will? Or won't? You just don't. How do you know Turok would be a waste without buying IT? You could use that logic for any and every game then. Couldn't you?"
Exactly, you could use it for anything. 
You don't know you won't like Braid enough for it too be worth that much without buying it, that's my point.
Same with any game."
No one said he wont like it, just that it isn't worth the price. And I would love to see you use this logic on all games then. Trust me I'll come back with it for you sometime. :P

AmericanPegasus said:
"Sentry said:
"Met2609 said:
"BoG said:
I agree, I think it is overpriced a bit and the fact that they use that as an excuse to get more people to question/buy the game is laughable. It's great, really, but 15 is pushing it a bit from what I have understodd so far. Still have to play it, like I said, when I get back to US, but I still believe from what I know it should be a 10 dollar title."
Ugh...how can you think a game is overpriced when you haven't even played  it. You also called it great..."

A game can be great and overpriced, if you didn't know that.... Of course I haven't played it, but again, how would you determine any game being worth its price?? BUYING IT? Well then we would all have hundreds of games a year. What you do is ask about it, read about it, watch about, etc. Either way I don't care, I will be playing it when I get back home anyways, my friend will buy it lol.
#47 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

hardly any game i think is honestly worth 60$ for consoles nowadays, but we put up with it..hell look at sports games, mainly Madden, not saying every year but most years they maybe change a tiny thing...update the roster.. and its the same game you played the last year everytime, but its a 60$ game and more for CE and such...hardly worth the price there... Orange Box? to this day I would say that's worth 60$, but its only 40$ I think now, an example of a game set at an amazing price and totally worth it.

#48 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I think some games are even underpriced these days, to be honest. While others are overpriced... but what can you do? If games were priced in terms of their value, no one would buy the cheaper games, would they? :P

#49 Posted by angelkimne (173 posts) -
Sentry said:
"No one said he wont like it, just that it isn't worth the price. And I would love to see you use this logic on all games then. Trust me I'll come back with it for you sometime. :P

Ok.
Well, there is a flaw in my logic, and that is reviews. I guess if you go by someone else's opinion from someone who's bought the game then that's fair enough. But in this case all the reviews say it's completely worth the money.
#50 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Yeah I know what you mean, its cool. Even though I do take certain peoples reviews seriously and care to hear them, still its only another persons opinion , just like you or me.. same way how certain games get amazing scores but it may just not be your type of thing, or you don't see yourself playing it for a long time, then it wouldn't be worth it for you specifically obviously, thats all I mean.