• 56 results
#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

With Portal 2 done and Mortal KOMBAT! netcode being a bit annoying. I'm looking for something 'til Cathy comes out, what should I get? Brink looks to last me longer but LA Noire seems more story heavy.

I'll probably pick up the other during the summer drought, so which first?
#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Both!

#3 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

I'm playing Witcher 2 instead :)

#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Do you like multiplayer or singleplayer more? 

#5 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3719 posts) -

LA Noire hands down. I can't wait for it. My $20 credit from Amazon for Portal 2 is going straight into that.

#6 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

this is a hard one.  depends on your mood really.  i really want both of these games, but i just dont have the cash.  i know at least one of my friends will get LA noire, so i'll just borrow it and then decide between brink, MK, or red faction (i'll probably just rent RF)

#7 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" Do you like multiplayer or singleplayer more?  "
This is probably the best question to ask. While I'll be playing Brink the moment it comes out, I'm more of a multiplayer guy. If you think you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of a single player experience, go with L.A. Noire.
#8 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

Both offer $10 credit on Amazon.

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

LA Noire.

#10 Posted by ImpureAscetic (31 posts) -

Brink looks cool, but Bethesda's record with action games is weak. Witness Wet. Rock Star has an impeccable pedigree. They're alone with Blizzard and Bungie in that regard. Go with L.A. Noir. It's guaranteed to be great. 

#11 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -

If not both, then LA Noire first because it looks awesome and more original.

#12 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -
@ImpureAscetic said:
" Brink looks cool, but Bethesda's record with action games is weak. Witness Wet. Rock Star has an impeccable pedigree. They're alone with Blizzard and Bungie in that regard. Go with L.A. Noir. It's guaranteed to be great.  "
Brink and Wet aren't being developed by the same people...Bethesda is simply the publisher for these games, not the developer, so Wet's being shitty has nothing to do with Brink.
#13 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

L.A. Noire for me, although I still need to take a closer look at Brink. I've been hearing a ton of things about that game and yet I know barely anything about it.

#14 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Noire's story telling and atmosphere has me more interested right now, though that's not to say that great things may not come from Brink.

#15 Edited by Fiero_Addict (32 posts) -

L.A. Noire will be great no doubt, the story looks amazing. But for me I'm looking for a game that can breed a community. Brink looks like it has the potential to build a fan base that combines the die hards of The Specialst and Action Half Life (as well as TF2) with Mirror's Edge mechanics.If they do it right that game will  have some real room to breathe. LA Noire will just be a game I play once and tell everyone how epic it was... that ONE time. Brink has potential to expand and become something special. It gets my vote.

#16 Posted by JohnnyFunwrecker (8 posts) -

If you're into multiplayer games? Brink.  It looks really goddamn good. Otherwise pick up LA Noire.

#17 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

I'm getting both,They look great for different reasons. Pick what looks like you'll enjoy it more. 

#18 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @ImpureAscetic said:
" Brink looks cool, but Bethesda's record with action games is weak. Witness Wet. Rock Star has an impeccable pedigree. They're alone with Blizzard and Bungie in that regard. Go with L.A. Noir. It's guaranteed to be great.  "
Brink and Wet aren't being developed by the same people...Bethesda is simply the publisher for these games, not the developer, so Wet's being shitty has nothing to do with Brink. "
I liked Wet
#19 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

I still have a Darksiders still in shrink wrap sitting on my desk. I'll probably play it after I play Brink

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Noire for me, don't need another FPS, doesn't look that special.

#21 Posted by Synchronatic (130 posts) -

BRINK! I played it at PAX last year and it is every bit as good as it looks! I can't fucking wait.

#22 Posted by Pabsi9 (202 posts) -
@SmashedControllers buy both...I'm getting brink on steam and noire on 360
#23 Posted by Mystyr_E (1187 posts) -

if I had money, Brink.

if I had money for 2, Brink and pre-order Alice, Hunted or Dungeon Siege
#24 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

If I had to make a choice, I'd probably go with LA Noire, because I'm certain that's going to be good or at least unique. Brink is more of a risk. I've ordered both, though (as well as The Witcher, Dungeon Siege 3, and Dirt 3, this month) -- but I think LA Noire is the best bet. Unless you are really itchy for multiplayer, in which case I'd probably go Brink since you'll want to play it while everyone else is playing it in case it doesn't have long legs (nothing like buying a game three months later only to find out you're one of three dozen people left on the planet playing it).

#25 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Literally, I can't tell you ANYTHING about Brink. Is it a shooter? A platformer? A RTS? I have no idea whatsoever.

When was the last time Rockstar made a legitimately awful game? That's right, they haven't. Go with L.A. Noire. You won't be sorry.
#26 Posted by Portis (1281 posts) -

Well, I'm getting Brink day one. 

L.A. Noire is interesting to me, and I'd like to play it at some point but I figure it'll just be one of those games I never get around to playing.
#27 Edited by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@ImpureAscetic said:

Not only did Bethesda not develop Wet (or Brink, for that matter), Rockstar is not developing L.A. Noir, so your logic is pretty bust.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Brink way more. I think it looks like it could be much more creative and interesting than L.A. Noire. Also I like the art style.

@VinceNotVance said:
" Literally, I can't tell you ANYTHING about Brink. Is it a shooter? A platformer? A RTS? I have no idea whatsoever.

When was the last time Rockstar made a legitimately awful game? That's right, they haven't. Go with L.A. Noire. You won't be sorry.
"
Answer: It's a shooter. Watch any video and you'll know that. I have no idea how you're confused about what Brink is because I honestly have no clue what L.A. Noire is.

And again, Rockstar is not developing L.A. Noire.
#28 Posted by Lelcar (597 posts) -

I want to play Brink, but I'm crazy excited for L.A. Noire a lot more.

#29 Posted by smitty86 (697 posts) -

L.A. Noire is the instant buy for me. There is nothing that could happen between now and when it comes out to kill my interest in it.

Brink is something I have always been interested in and want to really buy, but like everyone else I have ZERO idea what the hell will happen with it. No real hype, constantly moving release days, no real information about how all the game mechanics will work together, and the biggest question: how the multiplayer will hold up. Will this be like Battlefield in that it a great alternative to COD or will it end up like....most other generic MP shooters? I plan to wait a month or so and see how the community takes to it.

#30 Edited by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: LCS on the PSP was pretty bad, but yeah that's for the most part true.
I think I'll get Brink first and LA Noire in the summer. Brink, as said seems more of a risk, so if it sucks I'll still have MK to play. During the drought I'll need some good games to play, on top of Cathy and Alice.
#31 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

LA Noire is definitely the more interesting one for me. I know barely anything about Brink.

#32 Posted by probablytuna (3525 posts) -

L.A. Noire.

#33 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Neither..  No interest in more shooters.  L.A. Noire looks great, but I just can't afford that many games at the moment and I'm really waiting for the Witcher.

#34 Edited by Hooded (435 posts) -

BOTH!

If you can't afford both, and theres no way for you to get money them both. I suggest buying Brink. Theres a good reason why. The multiplayer, I think its best to get into a competitive multiplayer game as soon as it comes out, otherwise when you finally go back to it, the only people playing will be the players that are really good.

Saying that I can see Brink dropping its price alot quicker than L.A Noire, but in a few weeks you'll start seeing a lot of preowned copies of L.A Noire in Game stores.

I'll be buying both like I did with Portal 2 and MK. So i'm excited!!!

#35 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i rub my body thinking of L.A. Noire

#36 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

L.A. Noire, can't say no to such story-telling.

#37 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

L.A. Noire only because we don't know certain things about Brink. As Jeff has said, journos haven't seen it in a while. Plus, Rockstar, a brand you can trust

#38 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

L.A. Noire has a lot going for it, while Brink looks very average to me.

#39 Posted by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -

LA Noire will be the better game, but the guns in Brink do sound pretty good.

#40 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

L.A. Noire

#41 Edited by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

Can't get LA Noire since I don't have a console, so I haven't been keeping up much with it. But I'd still go with that between the two. Brink seems fairly average, even though I'm interested in it.

I would still suggest saving your money for the very likely runner-up GOTY - The Witcher 2.
#42 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

L.A. Noire hands down. I'm looking forward to that game so much.

#43 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

La Noire.

#44 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

I'll just say this... Tommy guns... Nuff said.

#45 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Timesplitters 4

#46 Posted by ImpureAscetic (31 posts) -
@mazik765: Respectfully disagree. I think the publisher makes a difference. For instance, I think a lot of the quality problems with Dragon Age 2 (McDungeons, bizarre enemy spawns) had to do with the EA purchase. The main quality rests with the developers, but the publisher makes a difference. 

@VinceNotVance If you go to the Brink website, there is a great series of "Get Smart" videos that go into great detail with every level of gameplay. 

For the record, I am probably going to pick up both. Brink looks like a really interesting take on team-based shooting, and L.A. Noire looks like it might be, well, a really good movie. Rockstar (or Bondi, whatever your pleasure) look like they're taking some risks with the main gameplay, which makes me more excited to play the game. 
#47 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" Both! "
#48 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@ImpureAscetic:  Really the only influence a publisher has is how much funding they give and how much time they allow before the demand a finished product. That was Dragon Age 2's problem, was that apparently it was only 8 months in development. So yeah, I'd agree that a publisher can have an influence on game quality, I would say that neither of these games look like they have suffered because of issues with the publisher.
#49 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

Get La Noire first .

#50 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

L.A Noire without question, I didn't like what I played of Brink.