Alucard_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Alucard_N7

I want to hear your guys opinion.    
I bought brutal legend(360) and uncharted(ps3 obviously) on day one, even though im still rocking uncharted i havent opened brutal legend (still in the wraper) all week and even weekend.  All this talk about brutal legend being a RTS made me not want to play it!  i got nothing against RTS there just not my cup of coffee. 

So my question is should i hold out and return brutal legend for borderlands or should i stop being a idiot open it up and hopefully enjoy it! 

Alucard_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alucard_N7

I want to hear your guys opinion.    
I bought brutal legend(360) and uncharted(ps3 obviously) on day one, even though im still rocking uncharted i havent opened brutal legend (still in the wraper) all week and even weekend.  All this talk about brutal legend being a RTS made me not want to play it!  i got nothing against RTS there just not my cup of coffee. 

So my question is should i hold out and return brutal legend for borderlands or should i stop being a idiot open it up and hopefully enjoy it! 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Open up Brutal Legend and try out the game. At least that way you'll know if you really want to trade it in or not.

Alucard_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alucard_N7
@Gamer_152: i want to open it  but if i open it  i wont get my full $60 dollars back. Thats where im stuck. But thanks
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Gizmo
@Alucard6sic6 said:
" @Gamer_152: i want to open it  but if i open it  i wont get my full $60 dollars back. Thats where im stuck. But thanks "
I haven't played Brutal Legend, but I would say that from what I have seen of Borderlands, the replay value is far, far greater.
Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aquablak

I'd return it for Borderlands, but this is coming from an FPS and RPG fan.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By and333

Keep both unless your really jonisen for money keep brutal legend and then get borderlands, you gotta build up a collection dude! I used to always trade in my games and Now I have no collection to show for all the games i've played!

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Grim_Fandango

There's a demo online, download that to see what you think.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Yes, Borderlands is going to be far better than Brutal Legend is. You can always rent Brutal again, and its definitely something you can get through in one day, since the campaign is a max of 4-6 hours longer pretty much and thats it.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd go ahead and return Brutal Legend if you don't think you're going to like it. Buy Borderlands and rent Brutal Legend later, that way you get the game you know you want and you can try out the other, and if you like it, you'll end up buying both anyway.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Babble

Keep Brutal Legend, support the developer. The RTS stuff is something you get used to and it isn't a full blown at that. If you start splitting up your group or spending all your time ordering your guys around you're doing it wrong. Brutal Legend was one of my best purchases in a while. 

Like I said to someone else, you can always buy Borderlands later when you have the money or when it's cheaper, it's a game that will sell well regardless and the developer will do fine. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Ineedaname

Open the case super carefully, across the bottom, try it out, then reseal it!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

If you're tight on money, sure. If not, might as well give it a try.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

The RTS in Brutal Legend is fucking awesome, I love it. The way they portray those emo crybabys, Eddies awesome demon wings... God damn, Ryan is crazy, you've got to play this game.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Wolverine
@Alucard6sic6 said:
" @Gamer_152: i want to open it  but if i open it  i wont get my full $60 dollars back. Thats where im stuck. But thanks "
If you are that unsure that you would like Brutal Legend than download the demo and than decide. The whole game isn't an RTS, only some parts.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Snipzor

Keep Brütal Legend, do it for Tim and the fine people at Double Fine. Oh yeah, and do it because it is one of the most beautiful and original games of the year.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MeierTheRed

I would swap it for Borderlands.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By cinemandrew

There's a lot more to Brutal Legend than the RTS gameplay. A lot of folks are trying to make it sound like that's the main part of the game. It's not. Even if you just blast through the story missions (which I don't recommend), it only compiles maybe half of those missions. There are a number of things I really love about this game. Number 1 is the writing. It's fantastic, funny, clever,and entertaining to the end. The music is incredible. This game has the best soundtrack of any game I have ever played. Then there's the game world. It's large, expansive, detailed, and just plain fun to look at. Sure the gameplay isn't perfect, but it's not horrible. It's not a full on RTS, though it does have strong RTS elements during some of the missions. I think it's worth a shot, just don't blow straight through it. Some folks will tell you that you can beat it in under 10 hours, and they're right, but I did some side missions, and did a lot of the exploration stuff, and the game ended up taking me closer to 20 hours to complete. I really want to get 100% completion on my first play through (I'm 4% away), but as soon as I do, I'm probably gonna start over again, and do the same thing on a harder difficulty. If you don't have enough money for both Borderlands, and Brutal Legend, or not even enough to pick up Borderlands and trading in Brutal Legend for half price, then it's a different decision entirely. Maybe Borderlands is the game for you in that case. If you can afford both games though, go for both. I already pre-ordered Borderlands, but if I had to choose one, I wouldn't be disappointed with Brutal Legend.

ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ZombieJesus

Wait for Borderlands reviews tomorrow.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By sjschmidt93

You could rent Brutal Legend just for 1 night (crazy, but could save you $60) and if you like it open your copy, if not, turn it back in and get a full refund and grab Borderlands.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would probably trade it in for Borderlands. Seems like a better game to me.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KnifeySpoony

I'm amazed that you bought it day 1, haven't played it and now have your doubts about even wanting it.

I wish I had your disposable income. That said, I agree with playing the demo or renting the game and then deciding. But, I absolutely loved Brutal Legend, one of the best worlds created in a long time.