Brutal Legend or Uncharted 2?

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By InFamous91

Okay, I'm currently on a budget now. I'm only buying three games from September to 2010.  I'm definitely buying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and  Assassin Creed 2, in the month of November. In October, I'm thinking of buying either Uncharted 2 or Brutal Legend. I'm not 100% sure which one should I buy. Brutal Legend has been receiving plenty of attention, Uncharted 2 as well. Both games looks great, and I feel that I will enjoy myself w/ either game I choose. Surprisingly, I've never played the first Uncharted(only the demo), so I'm quite puzzle on which game I should choose. I will appreciate it, if my fellow giantbombers help me out. Thank You!!! =)

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By gearhead

Brutal Legend will be awesomer (Not a word I know), and more rocktastic. The multiplayer in it could also be good too. Uncharted 2 you have an already seemingly good multiplayer and co-op. But for me, it's definitly Brtual Legend.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Out of those 2 I'm going to be getting Brutal Legend first.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Personally i'd drop Assassins Creed and get Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend. But that's just me, I didn't like Assassins Creed much and havn't yet played Uncharted, i'd like to though but I could just as easily play any other third person shooter. 

But yeah, obviously i'm gonna say Brutal Legend but it depends what you want, they are very different games.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

Brutal Legend not even a question

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tebbit

Get Brutal Legend because it will save Tim Schafer's company. 
However Uncharted 2 looks really really excellent too. I recommend playing the first one, you'll probably enjoy it. Maybe get Uncharted 2 for christmas or something ;)

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InFamous91
@Tebbit said:

" Get Brutal Legend because it will save Tim Schafer's company. However Uncharted 2 looks really really excellent too. I recommend playing the first one, you'll probably enjoy it. Maybe get Uncharted 2 for christmas or something ;) "

Yea, Tim Schafer is a great guy. Its just sad, that Psychonauts sold poorly. Hmmmm Brutal Legend over Uncharted I see
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tebbit
@InFamous91 said:
" @Tebbit said:

" Get Brutal Legend because it will save Tim Schafer's company. However Uncharted 2 looks really really excellent too. I recommend playing the first one, you'll probably enjoy it. Maybe get Uncharted 2 for christmas or something ;) "

Yea, Tim Schafer is a great guy. Its just sad, that Psychonauts sold poorly. Hmmmm Brutal Legend over Uncharted I see "
Yeah, that was also a great game. I'm in the same position as you, but for me, BL gets me with the art style and humor every time.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Origina1Penguin

That is a really tough choice.  I'm getting both eventually, but I want Brütal Legend first so I recommend that one.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nrain

This is such a difficult decision, Uncharted is my favourite PS3 game after MGS4 and I'm sure no.2 will be the same quality, but I can't say no to how good Brutal Legend looks it's a game that has never come along before unlike another cover shooter. I would wait for reviews and then make a decision.
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RipTheVeins

Brutal Legend for me, but that is a heavily biased answer since Brutal Legend is like already my favorite game of all time...I know it's dangerous to make hyped statements like that, but this is the first time I've felt this about a game...Not sure what it is about it, it's like "Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery"

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NoXious

Brutal Legend, not only is it a great game (which Uncharted is too) but it's got the best music out of those 2 games [in my metalhead opinion].

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InFamous91
@nrain said:
" This is such a difficult decision, Uncharted is my favourite PS3 game after MGS4 and I'm sure no.2 will be the same quality, but I can't say no to how good Brutal Legend looks it's a game that has never come along before unlike another cover shooter. I would wait for reviews and then make a decision. "
True, waiting for the reviews would be the smart thing to do
InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InFamous91
@RipTheVeins said:
" Brutal Legend for me, but that is a heavily biased answer since Brutal Legend is like already my favorite game of all time...I know it's dangerous to make hyped statements like that, but this is the first time I've felt this about a game...Not sure what it is about it, it's like "Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery" "
lol, already your favorite game of all time?? those are some strong words lol, but yea i feel the same way.....BL brings something unique to the table
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Even though I'm much more excited for U2, I'd say Brutal Legend. Uncharted 2 won't need help with initial sales, Brutal Legend will.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RipTheVeins
@InFamous91 said:
" @RipTheVeins said:
" Brutal Legend for me, but that is a heavily biased answer since Brutal Legend is like already my favorite game of all time...I know it's dangerous to make hyped statements like that, but this is the first time I've felt this about a game...Not sure what it is about it, it's like "Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery" "
lol, already your favorite game of all time?? those are some strong words lol, but yea i feel the same way.....BL brings something unique to the table "
I know, it's weird though... I just feel so confident in it, and I can't wait for Rocktober, plus anything Tim Schafer touches makes me feel all warm and happy inside and then add metal on top of that and it's like an instant fan-gasm. I already have every cover that BL has been on and framed them on my wall, I even made some artwork... I've never liked a game that much even in concept... It can't be healthy :P
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Most likely Brutal Legend, with Uncharted 2 following some time in the future.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

Without a single slight ofa doubt....for me its Uncharted 2, but i'm an avid fan of the original soo its also down to a sort of fanboy affection too. 
 Depending on the reviews i may still get brutal legend tho, but between the two...yah Uncharted 2.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Akeldama

both

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jimbo

If you've never played Uncharted, then Brutal Legend, obviously.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21  Edited By JamesF

I'm right in the middle, slightly leaning toward Uncharted 2 at the moment.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By mordukai

I'd go with uncharted 2. I am not really sold on Brutal Legend yet, but then again I won't really go with MW 2 so why listen to me. Go with your gut man. I think part of is beacuse Jack Black is starting to annoy me. He started off good but everything he made after School of Rock was pretty much shit. He just does his old tired routine. 

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Help send a 'Fuck you' to Activison and drop Modern Warfare 2 so you can get both. 
...or if your that desperate to sell yourself to Bobby Kotick then get Brutal Legend.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By get2sammyb

Shocked at the responses thus far. As someone who has no affinity with Tim Schafer nor metal music it's Uncharted 2 all the way for me. Guarantees to be the most explosive, polished and engaging third-person shooter of the year.

I guess if you really like metal though... (why?)

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fugie7

i say get uncharted 2

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Griddler

I'm getting Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 so I'd say get both and drop Modern Warfare 2. But that's just me

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Babble

Brutal Legend, both look good, but if I had to choose.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tekmojo

I think Uncharted 2 will be more polished, I haven't played Uncharted 1 yet so I'm looking to buy both once U2 comes out. Brutal Legends looks awesome, but I'm just not heavy on the whole theme and music on my own personal tastes.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By KamasamaK

If I had to choose I would go with Uncharted 2, but I would recommend Brutal Legend for you since you haven't played Uncharted yet (which you definitely should). It's unfortunate that you have to pick one or the other, but you can totally pick up Uncharted 2 later after you've finished the first.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By penguindust

Everything about Uncharted 2 looks fantastic plus it now has an online element (although I am unconvinced of how much I personally will delve into that).  I think you can wait on the Brutal Legend.  I suspect there will be rows of them for sale used after folks get through the single player.  On the other hand, Uncharted 2 maybe harder to find do to it's multiplayer (or maybe not, like I said - uncertain).  I guess it really comes down to which title are you looking forward to more.  I am now and have been for months stoked for Uncharted 2.  I think Brutal Legend could be cool, but for me personally, it's not a "day one" release.  I think some of the love for Brutal Legend is the hype machine in action...which is not bad!  Goodness knows, Tim Schafer's work could use some love, but I wonder how long that will last.  "Rocktober" is still 2 months away and a lot other shinier prettys could demand our attention before then. 

For me, the other title to get for that month is Borderlands, not Brutal Legend.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Daryl

Uncharted 2.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zombie2011

Brutal Legend interests me more than Uncharted 2.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Venatio

Im gonna try to get both but I care alot more about Uncharted 2 then Brutal Legend, so I say Uncharted 2

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#34  Edited By sjschmidt93

I had the same question... until I saw this. Uncharted 2 all the way, man. Probably won't play multiplayer at all, but the story is going to be kickass, and I'm looking forward to the new platforming sections. Combat will just be the same as last game.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Pkshields

Massive fan of both Tim Schafer and Metal, so Brutal Legend by a mile. You should definitely play the first Uncharted before 2, 1 would be the cheapest option too.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ververdan0226
@Akeldama said:
" both "
Themanohall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Themanohall

Brutal Legend looks better, imo.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I'm poor and I will end up with all four games. MW2 is already paid for though, Brutal Legend I'm getting at release. I'm holding off for a month or so to get the other two games. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By TwoOneFive

Both?! 

I am buying Uncharted 2 first. it looks so fucking good and i loved the original. 

vaderbreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vaderbreath

Definitely Brutal Legend, and also Tim Schafer is the man.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By kenzo287

the clear answer: Brutal Legend