#1 Posted by verbalmedal (55 posts) -

Im thinking about building a pc, but the thing is that I know nothing aout building one. So the things I need to know is. 1. Can i do it under $800 2. lists of items i need 3. what can of tools i need 4. whats the best graphics card i can get.

#2 Posted by Mirado (948 posts) -

@verbalmedal: What do you want to use it for? What games do you like to play? What size monitor do you have/want? What stores (Amazon, Newegg, etc) can you buy from?

All these things and more determine how viable your price point is.

#3 Posted by white_sox (178 posts) -

Tested has a really good guide. I can't find the one where they built Jeff's computer, but this one seems comparable.

http://www.tested.com/news/how-to/718-build-an-awesome-gaming-pc-previously-recorded/

#4 Edited by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -
#5 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

you will need a hammer, a chisel, a lenght of rope and an vice.

#6 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

you will need a hammer, a chisel, a lenght of rope and an vice.

You need 2 hammers. A standard nail driving one and a ball-peen. Hard drives require smooth concave indentations and a ball-peen is the best way of making those.

Also that $800 should be only for the computer. If you don't have a monitor yet (or a decent one), then continue to save your money. Don't let your budget take a $200 hit because you are missing a monitor.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Don't forget, you can save hella dollars by waiting until Thanksgiving and buying your components on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.