• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mdk5631 (65 posts) -

I canceled 5 minutes after watching the video.

Mega-corporations are what I thought Giant Bomb was not.

Bump if you did the same...

#2 Posted by Zacagawea (1613 posts) -

Nobody wants you here

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

Sounds like you're overreacting. You haven't even seen the outcome of what they're going to produce yet.

#4 Posted by Irvandus (2883 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

Nobody wants you here

#5 Posted by RoboRobb (1054 posts) -

I listened to what they had to say, I'm not ashamed by it.

Whilst i'm still cautious, i'm now optimistic that Jeff and co have made the correct decision.

#6 Posted by SpaceRunaway (873 posts) -

What are you even doing.

#7 Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) -

I'm excited and it's too early to judge. 

#8 Posted by Hosstile17 (768 posts) -

Glad to see that everyone is being calm and totally rational about all of this.

#9 Posted by Milkman (17320 posts) -

Bumping this to call you a dumbass.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (22558 posts) -

It's like The Internet has become one singular user.

#11 Posted by Mackinder (74 posts) -

I got over the teenage-y "selling out" mentality a while ago. Maybe you should too man.

#12 Edited by ShiftyMagician (2132 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

@Zacagawea said:

Nobody wants you here

All that needs to be said here.

QUICK EDIT: I do hope that people keep sane and have some faith that these guys know what they're doing. It would be horrible if people just left this site because of an acquisition.

#13 Posted by StaticInSnow (37 posts) -

to be honest, "fans" as fickle as you won't be missed. i'm happy for the giantbomb team, have trust in them, and look forward to the future of this site.

#14 Posted by bushpusherr (850 posts) -

Yes, please rally all the "rebels" who live on the edge and canceled their subscriptions so you can all collectively leave together. If you have such little faith in the guys then why were you a subscriber in the first place. Maybe everyone should fucking listen to the words they are saying instead of immediately jumping to all this doomsday nonsense. It's getting really fucking annoying.

#15 Posted by FulgoreSenpai (73 posts) -

the only way to tell if its a good or bad thing is to wait.

#16 Posted by Mdk5631 (65 posts) -

I think most of you do not fully understand what CBS is and what they do...

#17 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

I think only good things can come of this. I trust the crew, and when they say that they're positive that this can only lead to good things then I believe them. Here's to all future shenanigans being even crazier.

#18 Posted by Pimpsandwich (74 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

@Zacagawea said:

Nobody wants you here

#19 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Go start a petition or donate to Childs Play or something

#20 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

Bye. I'll be here

#21 Posted by ChrisTobin (56 posts) -
@Mdk5631 said:

I don't need to, I fully understand who Giant Bomb is and what they do.
#22 Posted by Hosstile17 (768 posts) -

@Mdk5631 said:

Enlighten us, oh bright shining star of wisdom.

#23 Posted by damswedon (3201 posts) -

Doesn't this count as a forum game because you used the word bump at the start of the title?

#24 Posted by HistoryInRust (6404 posts) -

No way. This is what we've been supporting Giant Bomb for in the first place. They're big time now. And we helped them get there because we wanted to see them succeed.  

What's with the need to make this a negative moment? They have full creative license over the content they're producing. It's going to be the same Giant Bomb.  

I love all the dudes down at Whiskey Media, and am going to sorely miss Will Smith and Norm Chan in the Giant Bomb content. But hey, this is a new day. We should be happy for the guys. 

#25 Posted by Nux (2421 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

Sounds like you're overreacting. You haven't even seen the outcome of what they're going to produce yet.

#26 Edited by Jumanji (447 posts) -

Yup... don't really feel the need to support CBS.

#27 Posted by Cyrisaurus (454 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

Nobody wants you here

Yes, lets respond to his quick judgement with no solid reasoning with a completely rude, just as quick judgement with no solid reasoning that you have chosen as a representative statement for all members here.

Way to make the entire community look like asses. Thanks.

#28 Posted by schattenwolf86 (132 posts) -

Overreact a bit much?

If the quality of the site goes down from this then cancel. I'm going with what we know and what we're told.

#29 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

@Mdk5631 said:

While I agree with this sentiment, I'm not gonna let that get in the way of enjoying what little is left of the ride for now. So fuck you, buddy.

#30 Posted by Fishstick (156 posts) -

We should petition to have the ending of Giant Bomb changed. Yeah, that's it!

#31 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

#32 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

As long as Jeff is there it will always be the gb we know and love

#33 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

I don't like this much either, but fuck threads like these.

#34 Posted by Brendan (8141 posts) -

This thread exists because you know nothing and assume everything.

#35 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Don't let the internet door hit your ass on the way out. I'm sticking around.

#36 Posted by wewantsthering (1594 posts) -

You're right, it's way better to just assume something will be terrible instead of waiting and judging it fairly. Oh wait.

#37 Posted by bonbolapti (1626 posts) -

It's one thing to go ahead and do that, but making a thread about it makes it look like you're hoping it wasn't a bad idea.

And then you come off like some kind of Ungrateful asshole.

man.. what is wrong with game forums lately.

#38 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Zacagawea

Nobody wants you here

#39 Posted by StaticInSnow (37 posts) -

@Mdk5631: ok enlightened one, tell me if you're so knowledgeable. from what i can see, in 2008 they bought cnet and removed some of the staff who were responsible for firing jeff, now they have bought giantbomb with the ability to offer funds and facilities which will enable giantbomb to create more (and possibly better) content.

#40 Posted by Mdk5631 (65 posts) -

Disney, CBS, News Corp, Viacom.

Those 4 companies control 75% of the media presented on films, television, internet and in print.

They now control 75.1%....

It is not a conspiracy theory, just google their stock tickers, you will see it very quickly (DIS, CBS, NWSA, VIAB)

#41 Posted by TurboMan (7730 posts) -
#42 Edited by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

Still to early to judge yet, but I'm still cautious. This is pretty big news and I'm really not sure what to think of it yet, I love Giantbomb for it's smaller close knit community, with it's silly videos and a freedom I feel I never get from a mega-corporation owned website.

#43 Posted by Drebin_893 (2933 posts) -

I'll be honest and say that I think it's a bummer, and if I had the choice I'd quite like to keep the site as is. However I'm kind of excited to see what they come up with. Trust has been diminished somewhat, but I still think these guys are great and I'm looking forward to seeing the result of this, since everything will probably work out great.

#44 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Bumping this to call you a dumbass.

#45 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Okay.  I'm looking forward to Vinny and his new green screen over at the GS offices. Think of all the gloriously stupid shit we'll get to see.

Well except for you.

#46 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I don't and won't care until the quality decreases, but I have to admit, it's pretty fucked up that they went to CBS of all things

#47 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

@Mdk5631 said:

I canceled 5 minutes after watching the video.

Bump if you did the same...

The only person who loses is you so ba-bye.

#48 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

I'm fucking tired of how people react to being bought out by "The Man." God damn hippy talk man. Giant Bomb wasn't going to expand and be bigger with out some help. They made their choice, so we'll just have to see how this plays out. Acting like a baby and cancelling your subscription without seeing the advantage of this choice is real immature. Still, you're a good example of why I hate the internet in most cases. Try to trust Giantbomb, duder. Don't go cold turkey on us yet.

#49 Posted by Animasta (14724 posts) -

Listen I don't like CBS either, but if it was between this and closing up shop... I prefer this.

#50 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -

Goodbye! I'll still be here for years to come!