Bunrout Paradise Online Pros and Cons

steve93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By steve93

So the new Burnout Paradise update came out yesterday, unfortuantly my internet was down so I couldn't update it and get a chance at becoming highly ranked in the world pretty quickly,  so today when I got my internet back I went on it to install the update, dam it took ages to download and install, I mean 250mb for an update, the new Little Big Planet update was only 13mb.  But what the heck, it is one of the biggest updates since the game has come out.

When I finally got the update installed it took me throught some processes like, sign up for Criterion Games and so on, the it took me to the site but I couldn't be bothered wasting my time waiting for it to load.  I still don't know yet if the new cars cost or not :( Anyways, when I went online I soon realized that most of my online stats had been reset, this didn't come as too much of a suprise because the last bug update for the game reset my online stats. 

There are many pros to Burout Paradise online, here are two brief reasons why it is good :)

- One being it's a chance to meet people and get to know some friends and just have a drive around or a mess around in the city with them, I personally have gained about 10 friends from just playing online on Burnout :) One of whom is currently ranked in the top 20 in the world, # 15 last time I played with him :)
- Get yourself recognised by moderators, because they do play online and I beat 1 in an online ranked race, I think his PSN was something like GuyverUK, I know he's a behind the scenes type of guy because he had over 2000 online gameplay, Platinum Cars, and I was talking to him on the mic and he said that he has been to the Criterion Studio and that he knows a lot of guys who work on the game, and he also is friends with the guy that won the Showtime Challenge, I think the total of one of his showtimes was something like $4bn !!

Although, as every other game does, Burnout Paradise online do have its flaws

- The online ranking system, I personnaly feel that it is annoying and pretty dumb because you could be doing really good in a number of races and get your world rank up pretty high and then loose a lot of points and your world rank because you have one bad race.  Today, I got my world rank upto # 300 after coming 2nd in an eight player race and then coming 1st in the one after.  However on the next race I came last, mainly because of one big crash at the beginnning of the race and the race itself wasn't one of my stronger ones :( that put my world rank back down to # 440!!  Instead of loosing points when you do bad I think it would be so much better if it just donesn't give you any :)
- If you a person who easily gets frustrated or takes a game too seriously from time to time then online races aren't really going to be helping, if you do bad or crash a lot then your obviously going to get p****d off pretty quickly, my advice it to keep saying in your head, it's just a game and don't over react to a poor race :)

steve93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By steve93

So the new Burnout Paradise update came out yesterday, unfortuantly my internet was down so I couldn't update it and get a chance at becoming highly ranked in the world pretty quickly,  so today when I got my internet back I went on it to install the update, dam it took ages to download and install, I mean 250mb for an update, the new Little Big Planet update was only 13mb.  But what the heck, it is one of the biggest updates since the game has come out.

When I finally got the update installed it took me throught some processes like, sign up for Criterion Games and so on, the it took me to the site but I couldn't be bothered wasting my time waiting for it to load.  I still don't know yet if the new cars cost or not :( Anyways, when I went online I soon realized that most of my online stats had been reset, this didn't come as too much of a suprise because the last bug update for the game reset my online stats. 

There are many pros to Burout Paradise online, here are two brief reasons why it is good :)

- One being it's a chance to meet people and get to know some friends and just have a drive around or a mess around in the city with them, I personally have gained about 10 friends from just playing online on Burnout :) One of whom is currently ranked in the top 20 in the world, # 15 last time I played with him :)
- Get yourself recognised by moderators, because they do play online and I beat 1 in an online ranked race, I think his PSN was something like GuyverUK, I know he's a behind the scenes type of guy because he had over 2000 online gameplay, Platinum Cars, and I was talking to him on the mic and he said that he has been to the Criterion Studio and that he knows a lot of guys who work on the game, and he also is friends with the guy that won the Showtime Challenge, I think the total of one of his showtimes was something like $4bn !!

Although, as every other game does, Burnout Paradise online do have its flaws

- The online ranking system, I personnaly feel that it is annoying and pretty dumb because you could be doing really good in a number of races and get your world rank up pretty high and then loose a lot of points and your world rank because you have one bad race.  Today, I got my world rank upto # 300 after coming 2nd in an eight player race and then coming 1st in the one after.  However on the next race I came last, mainly because of one big crash at the beginnning of the race and the race itself wasn't one of my stronger ones :( that put my world rank back down to # 440!!  Instead of loosing points when you do bad I think it would be so much better if it just donesn't give you any :)
- If you a person who easily gets frustrated or takes a game too seriously from time to time then online races aren't really going to be helping, if you do bad or crash a lot then your obviously going to get p****d off pretty quickly, my advice it to keep saying in your head, it's just a game and don't over react to a poor race :)

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

No detrimental effects for rankings is a stupid idea. You're not better than the other 439 (in terms of win-loss), why should you stay ahead of them?