Butcher Bay team 'reassembled' for third Riddick game.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

If you're assuming this is going to be Butcher Bay 2, you may be disappointed.

His previous loose talk was about it being some kind of MMO where you play as a merc. We will have to see.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Awesome. Butcher Bay was incredible. I can't believe there aren't more games that involve you breaking out of a prison. That game did it so well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Well, Thief is coming back...

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, Butcher Bay may have actually been my favorite game of last gen.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Someone should make a movie where Vin Diesel reassembles the "Butcher's Bay Team". Sound bad ass.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/10/4715306/escape-from-butcher-bay-team-reassembled-third-riddick-game-vin-diesel

Thank you based Vin Diesel. This is awesome news. First game was fantastic. Stand back Dishonored...the real stealth king is back.

I understand your excitement and you may have really liked Riddick at time of release - but it literally has nothing on Dishonored. It was very crude and simplistic stealth, and while Dishonored is certainly no stealth king, it is certainly twice the game Riddick was - but it's not really fair to compare a modern game to Butcher Bay.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Itwastuesday

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

@humanity: nuh uh

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ghostiet

@believer258 said:

Well, Thief is coming back...

In name only.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b
deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great news. The first one is absolute king!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Pie

@humanity said:
@kishinfoulux said:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/10/4715306/escape-from-butcher-bay-team-reassembled-third-riddick-game-vin-diesel

Thank you based Vin Diesel. This is awesome news. First game was fantastic. Stand back Dishonored...the real stealth king is back.

I understand your excitement and you may have really liked Riddick at time of release - but it literally has nothing on Dishonored. It was very crude and simplistic stealth, and while Dishonored is certainly no stealth king, it is certainly twice the game Riddick was - but it's not really fair to compare a modern game to Butcher Bay.

Butcher Bay did a lot more than just some crude stealth. It built atmosphere like very few other games could at the time. The stealth was "crude" I guess but very satisfying and well executed. It had a pretty interesting structure what with the kinda open worldy areas that you could wonder about and explore just enough to make it interesting. It did some interesting stuff with character interactions (it had straight up dialogue trees and side quests I think) and I remember the voice acting to be pretty good as well. Game was great

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Well this is great news! I would love either an Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect-style RPG set in the Riddick universe. But whatever they do, I look forward to it. Though I was under the impression that a lot of those original Starbreeze guys left awhile ago and are now the dudes making the new Wolfenstein.

The new Riddick movie is fucking excellent, too. I've been waiting 9 years for it and it mostly delivered.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:
@kishinfoulux said:

I thought it handled stealth better then Dishonoered and that was like years ago. In fact I think it's just a better game period.

Well this is great news! I would love either an Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect-style RPG set in the Riddick universe. But whatever they do, I look forward to it. Though I was under the impression that a lot of those original Starbreeze guys left awhile ago and are now the dudes making the new Wolfenstein.

The new Riddick movie is fucking excellent, too. I've been waiting 9 years for it and it mostly delivered.

Yeah it was basically just Pitch Black II. Apparently they have the ideas for the next two movies set already. Super hyped for them. Was great seeing Riddick on the big screen again.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@kishinfoulux: I think it's less like Pitch Black than the trailers made it seem. The last act definitely has more than a few similarities to it, but I like that it kind of plays on the viewer's expectations since I'm sure most people were expecting another Pitch Black. I loved the first half hour or so, with Riddick just discovering the planet and learning how to survive and be himself again. Then the mercs arrive and we get classic Riddick with him stalking them and playing mind games. Then the creatures come and all that shit happens. It's an incredibly varied movie that has an unconventional structure, much like Chronicles did, but with the scope and tone of PB. A great mix of the two. I didn't care for the ending, and some of dialogue between the mercs was fucking cringe-inducing, but overall I loved it. There are some utterly excellent kills, the effects are solid throughout, and getting Johns' father involved was cool, despite the fact that Matt Nable and Cole Hauser aren't that far apart in age.

The next movie will be Riddick going to the Underverse. That was originally supposed to follow Chronicles, but since CoR didn't originally do well and it's been so long since that came out, they had to do this on a smaller budget to basically reignite interest in the franchise. Good thing the new one is performing reasonably well. Apparently the studio about ready to greenlight the next one.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Do people give a shit about a new Riddick game?

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft:

Actually, It made almost 20 million at the box-office, and it was #1 on it's first week. Plus, we got a lot of Riddick fans yesterday at the theater I work at.

So, yes, I think people give a s### about Riddick. I for one, am happy there's going to be a new Riddick game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@roger778 said:

@i_stay_puft:

Actually, It made almost 20 million at the box-office, and it was #1 on it's first week. Plus, we got a lot of Riddick fans yesterday at the theater I work at.

So, yes, I think people give a s### about Riddick. I for one, am happy there's going to be a new Riddick game.

Yeah had to check on the net looks like it did well, might have to replay butchers bay to remind myself what made that game great. I think the bad taste of the last game is still left in my mind.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Humanity

@kishinfoulux: You're remembering the game through some mighty thick rose tinted glasses.

A really innovative game for 2004 I'll give it that. The now signature first person gaming with an actual physical body. Mini "quests" between levels. I remember it really blew me away when I played it, but even back then the game got a bit too repetitive and the environments too monotonous for me to finish it.