Buying a Fight Stick and Racing Wheel

H4rdc0rr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By H4rdc0rr

I own an Xbox 360 and I'm looking to purchase a fighting stick and a racing wheel for my system... Any suggestions as to what brand or model I should go with?

Fighters I play include Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, and Dead or Alive.

Racers I play include Forza and Shift.

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By v

personally if I were to get a fight stick, I would get this (http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5232&idCategory=414) due to the fact that it will have the best parts (sanwa) out of the box and the art (in my opinion) is amazing. If you are looking to spend less, you could get a hori (http://www.amazon.com/Real-Arcade-Pro-VX-Xbox-360/dp/B0041S9U8A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317251684&sr=8-2), which will also have sanwa parts. Some may say to buy an SE and mod it, but because they don't make SE sticks anymore and the parts will run you about 50, the whole package of getting an SE and modding would roughly the same as these two options with the addition of the fact that you need to mod the stick yourself (around 150).

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

i suggest getting a logitech one. i have one for my ps3 for gran turismo 5.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

For a Fightstick, I highly recommend the HRAP VX.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CounterShock

H4rdc0rr...... don't buy a racing wheel!

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I'm not too sure about compatibility of racing wheels with the 360. The logitech ones are generally seen as the best but they're only PC & PS3. I think there's a fanatec wheel which works with the 360 that is quite popular and supposed to be pretty good, whatever you do don't go with the official 360 one...

I've got the Logitech G27 and love it but I just had a quick look and found this one on the Fanatec site, looks pretty cool but also looks expensive.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Renahzor

The MADCATZ TE style sticks are excellent. You could also go custom. don't go with a Hori stick, you'll regret it in short order, especially if you ever play on a good stick.

Racing wheels are alllll over the place, price and quality wise. Without knowing a budget both of these questions are impossible.

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By grayfox1210

If you're going to get a racing wheel, it has to have force feedback. Racing with a wheel that doesn't have that is tricky and can't really feel the car. Get the new Madcatz wheel whenever that releases which will hopefully be soon because of Forza 4. It'll be cheaper than the Fanatec one because 250 is just the wheel and have to pay extra for pedals and possibly a table clamp.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pantzing_nome
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp
No Caption Provided

This thing just came in the mail yesterday to replace a shitty fight stick with modded buttons and a regular first run TE stick and it was worth every penny.

But it ran me about 180 usd after shipping and everything, I suggest going hereand putting in the coupon code CROSSCOUNTER to get it at 135. They really are nice sticks.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

@H4rdc0rr: If you've never used a fightstick before, you might want to consider learning how to use one of these instead. It will give you better speed and precision than you could get from either a joystick or a d-pad.

Otherwise I'd wholeheartedly recommend on of the MadCatz TE sticks as well, I own two and I love them to death.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By doobie

i was going to say a logitech DFGT as it is superb and makes racing games just that much better... but it doesn't work with the 360.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By craigbo180

Don't buy a racing wheel.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By DarthOrange

For good arcade sticks Arcade-in-a-Box makes great custom sticks. You send in the face plate image, button color you want, button and stick type you want, and chose what system you want it to work with. If you want all the best parts and for it to work with all systems (PC,PS3,360) it will run you around $300. It also takes around 2 months to arrive. Not cheap or fast but it is 100% unique. However they are changing there pricing at the moment so they may end up becoming cheaper (yea right) or most likely more expensive. The IGN review goes in more detail. Or if you want one now just go with the Mad Catz Tournament Edition stick. That one good too.

Also DON'T BUY A RACING WHEEL!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iamjohn

@CounterShock said:

H4rdc0rr...... don't buy a racing wheel!

@craigbo180 said:

@DarthOrange said:

Also DON'T BUY A RACING WHEEL!

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@gunslingerNZ said:

I'm not too sure about compatibility of racing wheels with the 360. The logitech ones are generally seen as the best but they're only PC & PS3. I think there's a fanatec wheel which works with the 360 that is quite popular and supposed to be pretty good, whatever you do don't go with the official 360 one...

I've got the Logitech G27 and love it but I just had a quick look and found this one on the Fanatec site, looks pretty cool but also looks expensive.

Logitech wheels are far from the best, they are reliable, the most reliable but very toyish compared with Thrustmaster's and Fanatec's.

Pretty much the only real option for 360 users is Fanatec. (but it will cost you)

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bombHills

I have the 360 racing wheel, bought it when I picked up Forza 2 and it works really well. I don't play racing games without it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By JJOR64

Any version of the MadCatz TE is worth it.