Buying a PS3 . . . maybe

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

So a bunch of kickass games are coming out for ps3, and im thinking of getting one.
Do you think i should get it for my bday? (midsummer) wait for some Q4 bundle, wait for a price drop, hold out till the PS3 slim arrives, or just stick to my awesome 360? I'm a big god of war fan and 3 looks good, killzone 2 i wouldn't mind but i'm gonna get my fair share of FPS with ODST and mw2, LBP sounds like a lot of fun, but i have a feeling that your gonna get bored in a month, and making levels is for the REALLY dedicated. infamous is greatness from what i see, but does it compare to hulk UD? (i have a feeling we'll see infamous 2 soon) It would be nice not paying for PSN, but i dont mind 50 bucsk a year. So what do you think?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

welp im in the same boat you are, should i get one or should i not. im probably going to get one, psn helps for me, and for some weird reason, every time i see fat princess i wish i had a ps3 so i can get it when it comes out...i say do it, if there is enough content to make you happy with it, then there isnt a reason not to get it

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

Price drops always seem to be around the corner and there is nothing more irritating than paying $100 more than you needed to when a price drop happens 2 weeks later.

I would wait for the price drop or a bundle special that has games worth getting and equal to a price drop anyway (a price drop usually means no decent bundle for a little while).
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By tekmojo

Price drops, and I'm predicting masive classic/platinum games to hit this summer...Wait after E3, the deals will flourish, and will give you a good reason to beat the sun and the spiking gas prices.

Shoot for July/August.
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

I would like to get one, but I think it's overpriced. It does have some games I'd like to own, but for now, I'll stick to my awesome 360

billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By billcosby2004

I think PS3 is worth it, especially if bluray matters to you.  I like mine alot.  Killzone 2 makes a great first impression, but I couldn't get into the multi so eh.  But lots of good games coming soon for it (finally!).  I think you should wait for at least a $50 price drop though, there's bound to be one soon.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kennybaese

I'm going to be picking one up this summer one way or another. I think that if PS3 slim or a price drop is going to happen, it'll probably be announced at E3, so I'd definitely wait until after then. And Blu-Ray is amazing if you watch a lot of movies (like myself) and you have a good enough TV to really take advantage of it.

Oh, and Costco has a really awesome bundle currently for around $450 that has a second DualShock and official Sony HDMI cables in it, so if the 80G model has enough room on it for you, I'd definitely hit up the Costco.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By thiago
billcosby2004 said:
I think PS3 is worth it, especially if bluray matters to you.  I like mine alot.  Killzone 2 makes a ... [more]

Blu-ray is awesome. If you own an HDTV then you need Blu-ray. The quality is much better than standard DVDs.
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killdave

Blu-ray is amazing I love it so much. But the system as a gaming machine is still very very overpriced when compared to the xbox 360 :(

But if you love movies then get one for the movies alone !!

Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Stunt

I would highly suggest getting a PS3, especially this year, with such high-profile games releasing: inFAMOUS, Uncharted 2, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, White Knight Chronicles, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Versus XIII, etc. On top of that, it's a a cheap Blu-ray player.

inFAMOUS is so much better than Hulk, btw.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DECA555

im starting to see this more and more (on giantbomb). Ever since InFamous was reviewed. Ive seen about 5 different threads about maybe buying a ps3 and many people inside the threads are saying the same thing.

Personally i would wait for the supposed E3 price drop.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By mordukai

MAG is also going to come out and while I don't play multi-player I will try it just to see how a 256 multi-player game works. Also God of War 3 is a good reason to have a PS3 though it might not even be out this year.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Qorious

If you really want a PS3, then I don't think you should wait for a price drop. If they don't announce a price drop during E3, then go for it. It wouldn't be until October probably until you see a price drop. 

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Deusoma

inFamous is absolutely nothing like the Hulk game. If anything, I'd say Prototype was more like it.

billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By billcosby2004
@thiago:

Oh definitely, and those IMAX filmed scenes in Dark Knight Blu-ray have spoiled me to no end.  I want everything on my TV to look that good now.  

It should also be mentioned that the upscaling the PS3 does for your regular DVD's is pretty remarkable too. 

I still would recommend waiting for a price drop, which I'm not sure if they'll announce at E3 or wait til September-October to capitalize on the holiday season money.  But I'm assuming it would be this year if they want to remain competitive in the console race, sales-wise
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus

Buying a PS3... eventually.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Wait until E3 to see if there's a price drop.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Hairydutchman

It's well worth the current price, but it's best to wait untill E3.