#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

So long story short. I work at WalMart currently on the 5th of Dec I'll not only be getting a $400 bonus on my pay that day Ill also have the ability to take 25% off one transaction that day. $400+ 25% discount = I wanna buy something. But what? Im pretty undecided here. Mario looks cool on WiiU but the future potential looks bleak ATM. There seem to be some games for the Vita now but Im also really a huge portable gamer.

Granted, I was going to buy a PS4 but looks like Im going to have a hard time finding one sometime before spring. So I dunno man what is everyone else playing on these systems that interests them ATM?

#2 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

Did you mean to say *not* really a huge portable gamer?

If you've got PS+ you can get some games right away for the Vita, and if you're getting a PS4 can use it for remote play. But if you've got the itch for some Mario, nothing's gonna scratch it besides some Mario. Plus if you skipped the Wii, you can play those games too.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -
#4 Posted by Kidavenger (3485 posts) -

I've used my Vita more than my Wii U, when I sit on my couch, it tends to be my PS3, Wii U does have some great games coming out over the next year though.

#5 Posted by mosespippy (3977 posts) -

I play the shit out of my Vita and most of the time it's when I'm laying back in bed. Between Persona, Rayman, Lumines, Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Uncharted I've dumped massive hours into the thing since I bought it in July. I'm looking forward to Tearaway but I have to get 4 teeth removed two days before it comes out, so my pocket isn't going to have any cash for it. :(

You don't need to get the biggest memory card either. I've got 15 games on my 16GB memory card with 4 GB left plus I have Persona on cartridge.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (7907 posts) -

Bayonetta 2

#7 Posted by Tom_omb (325 posts) -

As a PS+ member who has a few Vita games banked I've considered buying one, but there isn't much game wise that excites me. It would be cool to play games like Guacamelee and Hotline Miami on a portable device, but I have both of those games on PC and PS3. On the other hand, I bought a Wii U a few weeks ago. I loved replaying Wind Waker, tooling around with the Miiverse, and I'm stoked for Mario 3D World. Many of Vita's biggest games are available elsewhere, but if you want to play new Nintendo games on your TV the Wii U is the only place to get them.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World. Get a Wii U.

#9 Edited by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -
#10 Posted by TheMatrixOnline (64 posts) -

With that $400 you can get the Wind Waker Wii U bundle (which is $300) along with two other games. The Vita is an alright portable gaming console, but it doesn't have any games that really stand out. The Wii U has Pikmin 3, and on the 22nd it's going to have Mario 3d World.

#11 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

If you plan to get a PS4 as well your best choice would probably be a Vita. First of all you have PSN+ which gives you a lot of free games and secondly the remote play with PS4 seems to work really well as well. So if you do not care that much about Mario and Zelda I would go with a Vita.

#12 Edited by StarvingGamer (7907 posts) -

@starvinggamer: Ill get Bayonetta 2 when it comes to PS3. ;-)

You keep dreaming that dream. See you in five years.

#13 Edited by bigjeffrey (4706 posts) -

vita tv

#14 Posted by MadsWare (31 posts) -

Get the WiiU it has some great games like, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and Rayman Legends.
And Super Mario 3D World is coming soon, plus 2014 is looking great with games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, X, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong, Shin Megami Tenshi X Fire Emblem and a new Zelda game.

#15 Posted by MadsWare (31 posts) -

@demoskinos: Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo, so no its not coming to anything else.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@starvinggamer: @madsware: And guess what? Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft yet it showed up on other platforms. The sad reality is Bayonetta 2 will not sell for shit on WiiU. They will eventually slap a subtitle on it add a minor bit of content and then port it to 360/PS3.

#17 Edited by theveej (811 posts) -

Have you played persona 4? If you are remotely interested in it get a Vita.

If not, Wii U

#18 Posted by Hunkulese (2625 posts) -

Both are great but there aren't a lot of must play Vita games that can't be played elsewhere.

#19 Posted by MadsWare (31 posts) -

@starvinggamer: @madsware: And guess what? Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft yet it showed up on other platforms. The sad reality is Bayonetta 2 will not sell for shit on WiiU. They will eventually slap a subtitle on it add a minor bit of content and then port it to 360/PS3.

But Nintendo is the only reason Bayonetta 2 exists, because Nintendo was the only company that was willing to pay for it.

#20 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@theveej said:

Have you played persona 4? If you are remotely interested in it get a Vita.

If not, Wii U

This pretty much. Overall, I think the Wii U has a stronger line up.

#21 Edited by mrfluke (5046 posts) -

vita if you want to do remote play or play tearaway, persona, portable Mk, portable Doa, portable injustice, portable umvc3, indie games, ps1 classics, psp classics (persona 3, patapon, god of war, crisis core,) not to mention with PS plus you already have like 5 games.

WIIU, if you want to play mario, wind waker, smash bros, donkey kong, mario kart, bayonetta 2, wonderful 101, pikmin, and WII stuff.

you can also get a vita for like $130 on amazon right now.

#22 Posted by MormonWarrior (2529 posts) -

I just sold my Vita so I can hopefully get a Wii U in a month or so. If I can find a full-time job, that is.

And I had a sweet white Assassin's Creed III one too, but it just wasn't as appealing to me as the 3DS XL I already had and I really want to play Super Mario 3D World.

#23 Posted by wewantsthering (1547 posts) -

I'm one of those rare people who actually owns the Wii U. :-) Honestly, the one game we play with any frequency is Nintendoland, but it is really a blast. We plan on getting the new Mario game, and I still haven't tried out the new Wii U Sports thing yet. Pikmin 3 is also a lot of fun, but there's still just not really much coming out for the Wii U right now. You might be better off with the Vita and wait for a Wii U price drop. At least there are games out for Vita. :-)

#24 Edited by GS_Dan (1401 posts) -

If you're buying a PS4 in the future, a Vita makes even more sense.

#25 Edited by Aquablak (184 posts) -

If you plan to get a PS4 when it's available, I recommend a Vita with PS+ and Tearaway.

#26 Edited by StarvingGamer (7907 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Mass Effect was jointly published by Microsoft and EA and didn't make it to PS3 for 5 years. Titanfall isn't even being published by Microsoft and was money hatted so hard it (supposedly) will never make it to PS4. Considering the fact that Bayonetta 2 was axed pretty early on, I think it's safe to say that Nintendo is paying for almost all of the development costs. How many years of exclusivity does that get you?

#27 Posted by Whamola (126 posts) -

If you wanted to buy a PS4, then just wait a few weeks. I doubt they're going to be very hard to find.

Good God man, buying a WiiU? Why would you do that to yourself?

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@starvinggamer: I bet you 100 Brad Bucks that we see Bayonetta 2 late 2014 and see it on other consoles late 2015/ early 2016.

#29 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1021 posts) -

@starvinggamer: I bet you 100 Brad Bucks that we see Bayonetta 2 late 2014 and see it on other consoles late 2015/ early 2016.

I don't think the Wii U is going to make it through 2014...not trolling but only 40k sold in europe in the last 4 months...

#30 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1405 posts) -

If you have any interest in things like Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros it would seem to be an easy decision, though if you don't have interest in those things I can't see any reason to get a Wii U. Personally, I would definitely go with the Wii U. The Vita seems to be a great piece of tech, but when the best game available on a system is a port of a 5 year old PS2 game it's hard to justify making that purchase.

#31 Posted by Marzy (674 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World = Wii U

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

You know I just remembered seeing a tweet from SEGA the other day that I think helps sway me now....

PROJECT DIVA TO VITA EARLY 2014~! WOO!