• 80 results
mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By mscupcakes

Ever since I got my 360 over a year ago I've been periodically re-buying games I already owned on Steam and PS3 with no intent of trading the old copies in. It started off with multiplayer games which are easily justifiable since I could then play with my friends who didn't own the game elsewhere. But then I started buying a few single player games, mainly due to sales on XBLA or Steam. So far my list consists of Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Mirrors Edge, Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 2, Street Fighter IV along with a few others. Maybe I've been bamboozled by low low prices into buying something twice, but I don't feel too guilty about it.

So my question to you all is; what games have you bought more than once and why?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I don't really, unless it's an older game and I don't want to go through the hassle of finding the discs/setting it up with DOSBox.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Dreamfall the Longest Journey. I bought it on Xbox Orignals, Steam, and Maybe GOG.com. I have never played more then an hour or an hour and a half. I guess i like the story more then the mechanics. but i have never been interested in playing it much.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I bought two copies of Viva Pinata, because I hated the rounded box it came in (on the Xbox). I guess that means I've got 3 copies now... I remember posting a picture of it when I bought it, I bet it's still in my profile somewhere... ah, here it is:

No Caption Provided
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I pick up most multiplatform games on both PS3 and PC (Steam), on PC I also have multiple copies of some games, generally a retail copy and a digital copy on GOG or Steam (but that generally only happens if I bought the retail copy first, not the other way around). Some games I just find very intriguing to see how they were ported, so I have copies of Daikatana and Doom for both PC and Game Boy, and Quake 2 on PlayStation 1.

My PS3 games are generally so I can play them straight away, while I have the PC copies to play with friends or try out mods.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lagaroth

I've bought 3 versions of Oblivion (1 360, 2 PC) and 2 versions of Fallout 3(1 360, 1 PC). The two PC Oblivions were an original version and a GotY version.

Edit: Oh, two versions of Age of Mythology because I lost the damn CD key.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Other than a few games I got after finally getting a video card for my PC, I do it mostly with fighting games I particularly enjoy, mostly due to what systems friends have/don't have. It also allows me to play individuals I otherwise wouldn't be able to. Dark Souls is also included.

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tophat666
How about 5 copies of Resident Evil 4. 6 if you count the 360 version.
How about 5 copies of Resident Evil 4. 6 if you count the 360 version.

I also have 2 Copies of Resident Evil Code Veronica X.

I have 4 Copies of Metal Gear Solid 2(Sons of Liberty, Substance, Essentials & HD Collection) & 4 Copies of Metal Gear Solid 3(Snake Eater, Subsistence, Essentials & HD Collection). Yes I'm still think about picking up Snake Eater 3DS even though I know it isn't that very good, & I just found a bid for MGS:Subsistence Limited Edition that I can live with(maybe...help me god please).

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Sambambo

@TooWalrus said:

I bought two copies of Viva Pinata, because I hated the rounded box it came in (on the Xbox). I guess that means I've got 3 copies now... I remember posting a picture of it when I bought it, I bet it's still in my profile somewhere... ah, here it is:

No Caption Provided

Pft, you didn't get the Forza 2/Viva combination? What sort of fan are you?

I think four (Viva Pinata) is the most of a single game I have ever bought, and the only other game is Gears 1 which I had to buy again due to the disk breaking.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NegativeCero

I bought Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne twice because I bought the shitty reprint that had horrible load times and other issues and realized that the original run didn't have those issues.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus

@SuperSambo: Dude, weird, I bought Gears 1 on Ebay (because I've never actually played it- only the second two), to find a ring burned into the disc rendering it unplayable- I was gonna go down to Gamestop tomorrow and pick up a $5 copy. (because the box I've got is still in great condition, just need a replacement disc.)

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By benspyda

I've bought the Bethesda games multiple times although I did trade in my ps3 version of Fallout for the PC version. I bought PC and 360 versions of BF3 so I could play with my friend on 360. I played it once with him and by time I played with him again he'd prestiged or whatever it's called 5 - 6 times or something crazy and wanted to play something else. So my 360 BF3 is very lonely.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By benspyda

@Dagbiker said:

Dreamfall the Longest Journey. I bought it on Xbox Orignals, Steam, and Maybe GOG.com. I have never played more then an hour or an hour and a half. I guess i like the story more then the mechanics. but i have never been interested in playing it much.

I was going to say, finish that game it's awesome but then I realized that you're talking about Dreamfall and not the original. Still the original should be played by anyone who has any interest in narrative experiences in games. I was blown away by how cool that game was.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

@benspyda said:

@Dagbiker said:

I was going to say, finish that game it's awesome but then I realized that you're talking about Dreamfall and not the original. Still the original should be played by anyone who has any interest in narrative experiences in games. I was blown away by how cool that game was.

I bought the orignal(once), and started playing it, but havent had much time.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Karl_Boss

I have two copies of Resident Evil 4 (Playstation 2 and Gamecube) and Quake 4 (Xbox 360 and PC)....and I have multiple copies of several famicom games.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benspyda

@Dagbiker said:

@benspyda said:

@Dagbiker said:

I bought the orignal(once), and started playing it, but havent had much time.

Definitely try to get through the original but don't worry about Dreamfall, the story is kinda stupid and the added combat is awful. Use a guide for the puzzles because some of them a kinda cruel and just play it for the story and you'll get through it.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By Little_Socrates

I have two copies of Deadly Premonition, and I'll probably buy a third.

Avatar image for krystal_sackful
Krystal_Sackful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krystal_Sackful

I've bought Psychonauts four times. The first was from a physical store, second was from steam, and the next two were as gifts for friends.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Super Meat Boy on more than one platform.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By BoG

I own Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on every console it is available, and I've at least reached 100% in each copy.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#22  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2: PC version for my brother to play with his PC friends, X360 for me.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Same reason as Left 4 Dead.

Borderlands: My initial disc for the X360 malfunctioned, later purchased the GOTY version as replacement.

Ico, Shadows of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil: I still own the PS2 copies, but don't own a PS2 console anymore. I'm thankful for the re-releases made available for these games.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By GreggD

I've bought GTA IV four separate times on PC and 360, twice per platform.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By PixelPrinny

I have three copies of Super Street Fighter IV -- one for PS3, one for xbox, and one for PC. Coincidentally, I also have two fight sticks (one for each console) that I never use. Controller for life!

Other games I have multiple copies of would be Xenogears, because... Xenogears (three copies if you include digital). aaand a bunch of PSX and PS2 games that I have duplicates of because of inheriting friends games when they didn't want them and such. Oh and Eteneral Sonata since I wanted to see what the bonus stuff on the PS3 version had and I lurv that game.

Oh and also Odin Sphere if we count digital... and Shadow of the Colossus... and pretty much all of the PSX JRPGs up on the PSN. Some I bought just to replay without needing a disc, others I bought to share with others who hadn't played them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By musubi

I have tons of multiples of games. I usually do it because I like to support developers that I like. They say vote with your dollar and when I like something I'll vote twice.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Tophat666 I love resident evil but shit
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

I bought Halo 2 on the original Xbox, and then on my laptop when I got it in Summer 2010. Still haven't beaten it on the laptop due to GFWL being a program coded by a team of retarded chimpanzees. Intoxicated retarded chimpanzees with only their toes to type with.

...man, I really shouldn't insult retarded chimps like that.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ducksworth

I like to tell people I bought multiple copies of a recent Capcom game and then having a good laugh at their reaction. Honestly though I can't recall a singly time I've bought multiple copies of a single game unless you count bundles/compilation CD's that I got for game X and it happened to come with something I already own.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I have double of a lot of games because of Steam sales usually. Steam is more likely to outlast any of my consoles and is really cheap is how I rationalize it. The games are:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum (Steam and 360)
  • Mass Effect 1 and 2 (Steam and 360)
  • Fallout 3 and New Vegas (Steam and 360)
  • Resident Evil 4 (Wii and 360)
  • Persona 3 (FES and P3P)
  • Deus Ex (Steam and physical copy)
  • Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3 and 360)
  • Oblivion (Steam and physical copy)
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vextroid

I've bought the PS3 version of some of my 360 games when I changed consoles and then again for the PC.

Also I own 2 copies of MGS3 PS2 just cos.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crusader8463

I have bought various Command and Conquer games more times then I care to admit. I would keep losing CD's and/or CD keys and have to rebuy them, or buy packs that have a couple of the games I already own, and a couple I don't. I would kill for a pack of all the games in one on Steam so I could finally have them all in one place forever.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I have two copies of MGS, one that works and one that doesn't. 

edit: oh, and another a third one on my PS3

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iam3green

only did it a couple of times. 3 metal gear solid 3 games, snake eater, substance, and HD collection. 2 team fortress 2, i bought orange box for xbox 360 and for steam. i feel kind of stupid for buying it for xbox 360 as the steam version is a lot better.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Driadon

I've bought Morrowind on 3 separate occasions (1st on Xbox, then GotY on Xbox, then a Steam version half a decade later), Borderlands I have on both Steam from launch day and a 360 version I bought last summer...Then there was Arkham Asylum on both 360 and Steam too... Actually, now that I think about it, I have a lot of Steam games I own on consoles too: Mass Effect 1 and 2, GTA 4, KOTOR, Counter Strike (that's right, I had the Xbox version too!), Hitman 2 and Munch's Oddysee

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By jjnen

Just Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 for 360 and PS3. I feel bad about buying them twice.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Canteu

I owned Morrowind 6 times for several reasons, but never more than once.

I bought Battlefield 3 for the 360 and PC and I simply cannot stand the PC version.

I bought the Orange Box, whilst owning every game contained on PC.

The Last Remnant. For a 360 game, that sure was a shitty fucking 360 game. PC version is much better.

There's many, many more, but these are my best examples.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By mosespippy

Games that I have owned more than once simultaneously:

• Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (once in a 10 pack of old EA PC games and once in the Need For Speed Collection)
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (lent my PC version from the aforementioned NFS Collection to a friend who never returned it and replaced it with the superior PS2 version)
  • Infamous (Purchased on release day and it was bundled with my PS3 when I bought a replacement for my broken 60GB model)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (When it was rare and there was talk that it would only have 1 manufacturing run I bought the first copy I could find, which was used. A week later I found a new copy and PURCHASED IT NEW TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER because it had been critically acclaimed and only sold 40k it's first week.)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 and PS3 versions)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS1 version was given to me by a friend who burned off a copy for himself and I bought the PS2 version)
  • Little Big Planet (Free apology game from Sony and bought it on launch day)

10 games from my collection have been stolen so I intend to replace them when I get some steady income. Some might get replaced by HD remakes (God of War, Medal of Honor Frontline) while others might be the original versions (PS2 Tony Hawk 3 again). I estimate it'll be $100 to replace the lot of stolen games.

Honorable mention to The Simpsons Arcade. I put enough quarters into that machine to complete it as an 8 year old and now I have the PSN version.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By McShank

GTA4 due to ps3 then going to pc thanks to friends wanting to multi, FF9 on psn due to wanting to use wireless controller vs my cabled on because im to lazy to sit on me couch *Which is in my bedroom also* and rather lay in bed.. which is right behind the couch.. I have 3 pokemon the card game on GB and 3 dragon warrior monster for GB due to wanting to breed / trade munsters to make the ultimate team.. I have 2 copies of pokemon blue and red and 2 platinum due to 1 of them being a Fake one that seems to be quite rare and worth a good penny to those few who happened to get them :D. I have a few other randomly bought games that I already have but cant remember them. I dont intentionally by multiple copies for another system. I just get multiple copies if it will benefit me.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HarlechQuinn

- Super Meat Boy (360, Steam & Boxed version)

- Psychonauts (XBox & PC)

- Costume Quest (360 & PC)

- Space Invaders Infinity Gene (iPhone & PS3)

- Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 & PS3)

- Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale (all), Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 (plus addons), Temple of Elemental Evil (Boxed & GOG version)

- Neverwinter Nights 2 (Boxed & Steam version)

- Bastion (360 & PC)

- Crayon Physics (PC & iPhone)

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Boxed & Steam version)

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS1 & PS2 version, this game was the reason to switch from PS1 to PS2 as the PS1 version was utter garbage... and MGS 2 of course)

- Aquaria (Bought it directly from the developer and later on received it again as a Steam version through one of the Humble Bundles)

- Orange Box (360 & PC)

There are even more but I'll stop with the list here and those were the first ones which came to my mind.

Reasons... Sometimes to support the developers and in case of old PC stuff it's out of convenience as it's easier to run the GOG stuff than setting up DosBox to make the boxed versions run well...

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40  Edited By willin

I own 14 copies of Fusion Frenzy and I'm not trolling or making a joke. I legitimately own 14 copies.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vexxan

I have three copies of Super Meat Boy, one for 360 and two for PC. One of them I got from some humble bundle and the other one is the Ultra Edition.

arjybarjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By arjybarjy

Me and my friend regularly dump our 4 collective copies of Eternal Darkness when visiting each other's house.

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

I try not to, but I bought the full-price version of Black Ops on PC so I could play the multiplayer with a mouse and keyboard, much like I did for Modern Warfare 2, only to find out that it ran like shit on my PC. No clue why, I can run just about anything else without a hiccup. I ended up buying the X360 version, as well, just to play through it.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gaff

Vagrant Story (PSX and PSN). Because NTSC PSX titles don't play nice with unmodded PAL consoles.

And in before someone starts mentioning Dynasty Warriors.

klimdeeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By klimdeeni

I ended up with plants vs. zombies on my iphone, my g/f's ipod touch, my ps3, my 3DS, and am considering buying it for my vita. I hardly ever play it so I dont know why it's on everything I own.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#46  Edited By bed

i have San Andreas for PS2, PC & Xbox, two copies of Resident Evil 4 (PS2 & HD), two copies of Ninja Gaiden (Black & Sigma), two copies of Ninja Gaiden II (II and Sigma 2), two copies of Dead or Alive 2 (Hardcore & Ultimate), Three copies of MGS3 (Snake Eater, Subsistence & HD), three copies of MGS2 (Sons of Liberty, Substance & HD), one copy of TF2 on each platform, The Orange Box on PS3 & 360, MW2 for PS3 & 360, two copies of Fallout 3 (one being GOTY edition), Red Faction: Guerrilla on PS3 & 360, GTA IV on PS3 & 360, Shatter for PC & PS3, aand..

yea, i could go on forever. a lot of those purchases were because of re-releases with more content, to play with friends on another platform, HD re-releases, sales, free gifts or how neat it can be seeing how the same game plays on different consoles, seeing console specific things and limitations (aka bought it because i felt like it)

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I've never had two copies of a game at the same time, but I have bought some games a few times. Resident Evil 4 is one of those games.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jams

I have 3 different versions of FFIX. 1 for the PC, PS2, and Xbox 360. I don't know WTF I was thinking, because I didn't even care for the game that much.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I've done it when Steam Sales have been on and to get games for friends and to have Indie games on multiple platforms (Steam, Desura, Standalone and Android).  They way I see it, as long it's cheap enough and still new everyone wins.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By JJOR64

The only games I really have rebought on another console is Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. I own the PC and 360 version of SF4 and own the PS3, 360, PC, and 3DS version of SSF4.