Posted by Marino (4647 posts) -

Welcome to November, duders. This is a little late because I've been busy stabbin' fools in the neck and crashing through 's billboards. Site traffic in October was fairly interesting as you'll see below. Obviously, lots of big games were released in the last few weeks, which has kept both the forums and the wiki quite active. And it's not slowing down any time soon with Halo 4 this week, then the Wii U launch in a couple weeks. A couple weeks?! That's crazy. Do we even know how the online stuff works yet? And don't forget about Black Friday. Oh...sweet, sweet Black Friday. The deal hunting threads will be running rampant I'm sure. But, before we get too caught up in what's coming in November, let's take a look back at October.

Blogs

is way ahead of everyone thanks to his Art of Video Games series of blogs. If you haven't checked those out yet, you should.

Forums

The wrestling discussion thread has successfully defended its championship as the most popular thread for another month. Will it be the sole survivor after November? We shall see. But, what's up with the anime crew? Your thread fell to third place? C'mon, guys.

I find it kind of interesting how forum traffic basically tanks on the weekend. I would've thought that's when people have more free time, but I guess not. Check out the traffic on the 30th, which is the day Assassin's Creed III and Most Wanted came out. I expect we'll see that sort of spike with Halo and later on with the Wii U. The top 3 posters are the same as last month, but and swapped places between 1st and 3rd.

Notifications

This is a combination of every type of notification on the site including @ replies, friend requests, guide edits, review/list recommendations, wall posts, and wiki approvals/rejections. See how it just tanks on the weekend? That's still weird to me.

Reviews

takes the top spot on user reviews this month thanks to a slew of classic game reviews. No real surprises on the top 10 most reviewed games. Dark Souls may seem kind of odd, but didn't it just come out on PC?

Videos

All Quick Looks, all the time. Traffic is up as well, as the top video this month has about 8000 more views than the top video in August.

Wiki

In October, became the third user to reach the 200,000 points mark. So, it's no surprise that he was the top user (based on points) last month as well.

I'm trying to figure out if approved a wiki edit or if the chart is required to have six people on it. XCOM was the most edited page of the month, while Praxis' work on the Heroes of Might & Magic franchise took the top two spots on most points earned. Look at all the work people are doing on Release data! It brings a tear to my eye. And some guy named Jeff is the #8 most active user in terms of number of edits made. Go figure.

See y'all in December!

Staff
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Marino said:

The top 3 posters are the same as last month, but and swapped places between 1st and 3rd.

I will have to fix this.

#3 Posted by bobafettjm (1448 posts) -

So I noticed that the DLC wasn't getting much love last month so I decided to work on a bunch of that this month. I think I may make a push this month to do more wiki editing, stupid real life keeps getting in the way.

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Marino said:

The top 3 posters are the same as last month, but and swapped places between 1st and 3rd.

I will have to fix this.

It's on!

#5 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

My favorite album thread made it, I'm so happy

I'd like to thank all the people out there who said I could do it

(THAT PERSON WAS ME)

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Marino said:

I will have to fix this.

It's on!

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11809 posts) -

I assume the reason is a lack of new content on weekends?

#8 Edited by Mento (2503 posts) -

For as long as I've been on the internet, I've observed the same thing about weekends. I can only assume (on top of BeachThunder's accurate suggestion) that people associate computers with their workday too much and instead spend weekends on the couch watching TV/playing games. Via a computer, most like, but at least there's no office chairs? This theory needs work.

Also, is it just me, or am I appearing on a lot of these graphs? Given this and the spotlights, it might be an idea to cut back on my contributions a little. Let some of my mystique build back up.

#9 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

As always these are incredible, well done. I need to start commenting more and making less.

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5601 posts) -

I think the wrestling thread is staged.

#11 Posted by onimonkii (2432 posts) -

4th place in point gain on a single page in october?

i'll take it.

now to try to make it pretty without destroying everything...

#12 Posted by Praxis (261 posts) -

Thanks for the mention, Marino. My efforts to fly under the radar seem to be failing spectacularly this month...

#13 Edited by CaLe (3945 posts) -

Semi-popular YouTube gaming channels get at least 5x more views on almost every video than Giant Bomb gets with its most popular video. How's that work.

#14 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

Wrestling forum staying strong; that's what I like to see.

#15 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

Looks like VGK has a new contender to see who can pad their post count more. Phatmac posts emoticons with no words at this point.

#16 Posted by Mezmero (1861 posts) -

Is being the top forum really something to be proud of? Doesn't it just mean people argue more in these threads than any other? I'd change the title to @Reply-amania or The @pocalypse.

#17 Posted by ZombiePie (5633 posts) -

I'm so sexy.

Also Am I Doing This Correctly?
#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Anime discussion thread goooooooooo!

@JellyFish_Gsus said:

Wrestling forum staying strong; that's what I like to see.

Our eternal enemies!

#19 Posted by sam1am7000 (99 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

I think the wrestling thread is staged.

I see what you did there.

#20 Posted by TobbRobb (4592 posts) -

I still don't understand how the wrestling thread is so goddamn popular. I'm still a little surprised the anime thread is so high as well, but I have an obvious bias for that one. :P

#21 Posted by DeF (4852 posts) -

Wow, I've been slacking off in terms of wiki edits :D

#22 Posted by Nightriff (4978 posts) -

I need to stop creating so many topics and discuss more, that's my goal for november

#23 Posted by Slither_Maggot (223 posts) -

@ZombiePie: Freakin' hilarious! LOL!

#24 Posted by takashichea (351 posts) -

Yeah, Chalphy, way to go!