• 91 results
#51 Posted by Chtasm (445 posts) -

Any West Coasters get theirs? Specifically Bay Area, CA.

#52 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2955 posts) -

Was really hoping they'd just send you 1 dollar for each present.

#53 Posted by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

Reddit's translated the text at the end as DO NOT THROW AWAY ANYTHING WE SEND YOU. Also, there's a new video up on holidaybullshit.com where they heavily imply that they're going to randomly go to someone's house.

The video was done by Loading Ready Run, which is in Victoria, BC which has me excited/terrified that I will randomly hear a knock on my door...

#54 Posted by billymagnum (711 posts) -

ive gotten nothing but a dime bag of coal. I CANT SMOKE THAT!

#55 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

I got day one in the mail today.

#56 Posted by HellBound (1043 posts) -

@chtasm: Yup. Got the first one Saturday.

#57 Posted by Error1355 (95 posts) -

I've yet to get anything. :(

#58 Posted by billymagnum (711 posts) -

just so everyone is prepared, if you inquire where your stuff is, they basically just berate you and do not show any signs of any type of serious customer service. i hope its a joke...we paid for 12 things, thats what everyone should get.

#59 Posted by BrianP (390 posts) -

I wasn't sure if it was a dimebag of coal, or coal candy. I probably should have waited and watched the video before tasting it.

#60 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

just so everyone is prepared, if you inquire where your stuff is, they basically just berate you and do not show any signs of any type of serious customer service. i hope its a joke...we paid for 12 things, thats what everyone should get.

If it turns out they just scam people and don't send all of it, then just call your credit card company and report them. I have yet to get anything myself despite paying more for being in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed over.

#61 Posted by Hailinel (23702 posts) -

@billymagnum: Even if it is a joke, poor customer service is never funny. Being the guys behind CAH doesn't give them license to be dicks, particularly to paying customers wit h legitimate questions.

#62 Posted by MB (11905 posts) -

People have no patience anymore...man. Some people got the first package on Saturday, some are just getting them today which is Wednesday. If you're in Canada, doesn't it seem reasonable that it may take even longer to start receiving your envelopes or that they may come out of order?

It is way too soon to be talking about chargebacks, and I think it's even too soon to be emailing about your order. It's only been a couple of days and the packages were sent by regular mail, for fucks sake!

#63 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (412 posts) -

@billymagnum said:

If it turns out they just scam people and don't send all of it, then just call your credit card company and report them. I have yet to get anything myself despite paying more for being in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed over.

They've already sent out the packages and many people have already received them. Prrrrrretty sure it isn't a scam.

Just cool your jets Woodward and Bernstein.

I'm up in Toronto and haven't gotten the first package yet either, so don't sweat it.

#64 Edited by profbobo (6 posts) -

Got my first cards today. Stoked to see what other random shit ends up in my mailbox that lands me on a watchlist!

#65 Posted by spookytapes (261 posts) -

I still haven't gotten any.

#66 Posted by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@billymagnum said:

They've already sent out the packages and many people have already received them. Prrrrrretty sure it isn't a scam.

I'm up in Toronto and haven't gotten the first package yet either, so don't sweat it.

Yeah, if you are in Canada (like me) the packages have to go through customs which can take a long fucking time especially tis time of year. So cool your jets and relax, you'll get your packages eventually. Also they told you up front that this is incredibly stupid to do.

#67 Posted by StarvingGamer (7924 posts) -
#68 Posted by billymagnum (711 posts) -

so..i got the first gift today...after the second came first...im already relieved.

just for reference when I emailed to see if there was a problem, I go this:

Hey Bill,

People who email us to ask when their gifts arrive only received coal this year, and none of the other gifts. Since we knew you were going to email us to complain, we just went ahead and sent you the coal. - Max

..and on twitter I mentioned everyone was getting cards and got:

@billymagnum if you compare yourself to others you’ll be unsatisfied for your whole life

can you see how I started questioning my actions? I felt stupid for sending them money, but I think thats the point. They are trying to fuck with us.

#69 Edited by ILikePopCans (745 posts) -

Just got my fist package today. Cards are lackluster, but the packaging makes up for it.

#70 Edited by GrantHeaslip (1506 posts) -

@jay_ray said:

@rockyraccoon37 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@billymagnum said:

Yeah, if you are in Canada (like me) the packages have to go through customs which can take a long fucking time especially tis time of year. So cool your jets and relax, you'll get your packages eventually. Also they told you up front that this is incredibly stupid to do.

Yeah, even living in the biggest cities in Canada, stuff can take disconcertingly long to show up if it's crossing a border. I'm talking the better part of a month on a few occasions, and obviously opened up along the way. I bet the CBSA check stuff that isn't coming from a known quantity (e.g. Amazon, Monoprice, Apple, etc.) a lot more often. FWIW, I've never had a package get lost in transit.

That doesn't mean it's okay for them to reply to customer service emails with jokey snark, but I bet everything will show up.

#71 Posted by chilibean_3 (1611 posts) -

so..i got the first gift today...after the second came first...im already relieved.

just for reference when I emailed to see if there was a problem, I go this:

Hey Bill,

People who email us to ask when their gifts arrive only received coal this year, and none of the other gifts. Since we knew you were going to email us to complain, we just went ahead and sent you the coal. - Max

..and on twitter I mentioned everyone was getting cards and got:

@billymagnum if you compare yourself to others you’ll be unsatisfied for your whole life

can you see how I started questioning my actions? I felt stupid for sending them money, but I think thats the point. They are trying to fuck with us.

Well that's pretty good.

I probably would have just ignored all complaints until about 6-8 days in where the complaints would start to deserve merit.

#72 Posted by Stevie_Fazz (3 posts) -

I got my first package today. Some posters. I've not received any cards yet.

#73 Posted by Chtasm (445 posts) -

Okay. Just got Day 1 and Day 3 today. Still waiting on my coal. (never thought I'd say that around Christmas)

#74 Edited by Stevie_Fazz (3 posts) -

If what I've been reading on another thread makes sense the envelope I got yesterday was day 6.

#75 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Just received my first gift today (it was the coal) so for those of you who are freaking out, cool your jets, I'd at least give it another week before you might have to worry.

#77 Edited by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

*Twiddles thumbs.*

#78 Posted by BRich (431 posts) -

Still haven't gotten anything. Really hope the new cards at least show up eventually.

#79 Posted by boysef (73 posts) -

finally got my first day of bullshit.... there have been severe cutbacks in my area's usps... but hooray BULLSHIT

#80 Posted by HatKing (5795 posts) -

@starvinggamer: I'm going to do it exclusively with people I don't know very well. Maybe when meeting a new girlfriend's group of friends or family? Or I'll just volunteer at a daycare center and play it with children. IT'S A GREAT GETTING TO KNOW YOU EXERCISE, I'll tell them as they're shoving me into the back of the police car.

#81 Posted by Beb (234 posts) -

Got my first hit yesterday in Toronto. Eight maids a milking. Pretty good gift inside (I haven't been following what they are each day.)

Hope the rest find their way here eventually.

#82 Edited by spookytapes (261 posts) -

I have still only gotten 3 even though the website is up to 5 or 6 now I think. Edit: I'm okay with that. Just wanted to let the people freakin' out know that they're not the only ones not getting the stuff right away.

#83 Posted by The_Nubster (2038 posts) -

No bullshit for me yet! I hate living in Canada.

#84 Edited by Bane (383 posts) -

I received my day one package last week or the week before, and nothing since. I'm four or five days behind the website and I'm starting to wonder what the deal is.

#85 Posted by chiablo (893 posts) -

@bane said:

I received my day one package last week or the week before, and nothing since. I'm four or five days behind the website and I'm starting to wonder what the deal is.

I have a buddy in Detroit who got the Day 5 package two days ago, then suddenly got the rest the next day. Mail is crazy this time of year, be patient. :3

#86 Posted by tread311 (352 posts) -

We got day 10 yesterday and then days 3, 4, and 5 today. Crazy postal service.

#87 Edited by Abyssion (8 posts) -

I got days 11 and 12 today, 11 is cards not related to the holidays. And I won't give away 12, but I think everyone will like it.

#88 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

@abyssion said:

I got days 11 and 12 today, 11 is cards not related to the holidays. And I won't give away 12, but I think everyone will like it.

yeah I got those too. 12 is pretty awesome.

#89 Edited by billymagnum (711 posts) -
#90 Edited by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -
#91 Posted by billymagnum (711 posts) -

@smtdante89: everyone has been discussing content all the time in that thread and its still on track. it breaks up the lulls when no one has anything to add to the puzzle quest.

#92 Posted by None_Braver (82 posts) -

1,2,3,4,11 here. They showed up in 2 days. I was getting pretty pissed that they didn't show up until a week after people started getting them.

#93 Edited by profbobo (6 posts) -

I've received 1-6, 8 and 11 so far.