• 152 results
#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11719 posts) -
#2 Edited by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -

I'll list what i have played in terms of actual 2013 releases. I should play more games. : I

1. 1. Gone Home
  2. 2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. 3. Gears Judgement
#3 Edited by Giantstalker (1541 posts) -
#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I only played a hand full of games this year and finished even less. Don't think I will have much to add come GOTY time. Not that kind of year for me.

#5 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (275 posts) -

Tomb Raider's the only game I've finished this year, and I honestly didn't enjoy it that much. It's physically impossible for GTA V to not surpass it (for me, personally).

#6 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

1. The Last of Us

2. Bioshock Infinite

These are the only 2013 games I have played

3. Hotline Miami

4. Ratchet and Clank Collection

These are the only other games I've played this year

#7 Edited by Iodine (543 posts) -

1. Infinite

2. Gone home

3. Saints Row IV

4. Fire Emblem

5. Soda Drinker Pro

Edit: Dota 2 would be on here, but it feels more like a religion

#8 Posted by Slag (4075 posts) -

I haven't seen much this year that does it for me, kinda holding out till we see the fall releases

1. DOTA 2
  2. Fire Emblem : Awakening
  3. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  4. Last of Us
  5. Tomb Raider

Those 5 will likely be on for sure, in probably close to that order. DOTA 2 has a runaway lock on the top spot for me personally and I don't see that changing.

I expect Beyond Two Souls to probably make it on my top ten list, Gone Home, Brothers, GTA V, Saints Row IV possibly when I play them. Borderline candidates are Bioshock Infinite, Remember Me, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Ni No Kuni, Shin Megami Tensei Iv, Injustice, Dragon's Crown.

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#11 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

1.Nothing

2.Nothing

3.Nothing

4.Nothing

5.Nothing

NOTHING

#13 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#14 Edited by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -

@nekroskop: I was actually expecting that last one to be something.

#15 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5269 posts) -

These are just a list of ten games released this year that I've either finished or played enough to know what's what. None of these are in any particular order. Oh no......that comes later.

I could easily knock a few off for better unplayed games, but the ones in bold will stay regardless of future releases.

• Bioshock Infinite
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Metro Last Light
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • Gone Home
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Rogue Legacy
#16 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

Yeah , this month is packed for me . Rayman Legends , Puppeteer , Wonderful 101 , GTA5 ect ...

My contenders so far .. The Last of Us , DmC , The Swapper

#17 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3758 posts) -

Stuff that's going to be on there for sure in order that I like it:

1. Bioshock Infinite

2. Saints Row IV

3. Last of Us

Then probably will be there I guess but we will see:

4. Dragon's Crown

5. Tomb Raider

And after that it's a pretty open field. Thinking about this a bit earlier made me realize this year has been kind of weak so far but some great stuff on the horizon. I guarantee Rome II and GTA V will be on my list and hoping some of the other big releases do it for me.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (14587 posts) -

My list of 2013 games played this year are:

• Devil May Cry DmC

• Anarchy Reigns

• Metal Gear Rising:Revengence

• Ni No Kuni

• Tomb Raider

• Bioshock Infinite

• Ninja Gaiden 3 :Razors Edge

• Dragons Dogma :Dark Arisen

• Injustice: Gods Among Us

• Tekken Revolution

• Thomas Was Alone

• Rogue Legacy

• Surgeon Simulator 2013

• Sword of the Stars:The Pit

• Saints Row 4

• Dragon's Crown

• DiveKick

• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F

• Killer is Dead

Depending you can probably add Tales of Xilla and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate to that list. I've got most of my list ironed out but I'm going to wait to really write anything significant for another month or two.

#19 Edited by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -
#20 Edited by CitizenCoffeeCake (477 posts) -

Yea in addition to GOTY I've been thinking about some favorite games of this generation of consoles, that's another thread though. Unless GTA V does some really amazing shit (I'm sure it will be good regardless) this year is all about The Last of Us for me. Sadly I don't think GiantBomb is going to give it it's due, I don't think many of them have even finished it.

Other notables for me include Bioshock, Metal Gear Rising, DmC, and Ni No Kuni.

#21 Edited by Taku128 (795 posts) -
  1. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  2. Anarchy Reigns
  3. Divekick
  4. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  5. The Starship Damrey
  6. That StreetPass shmup is pretty good
  7. SLEEPY DOGS GOTY ALL YEAR EVERY YEAR

I played some other games too but nothing worth mentioning

#22 Edited by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -
  1. DmC Devil May Cry
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Civilization V: Brave New World
  4. Trials Evolution (PC)

I don't have a fifth one because 3 of the 4 remaining games i played that came out this year simply aren't worthy of a top 5. The other one is Dead Space 3 but i only played the prologue. I will be getting around to it in the near future.

GTA V, XCOM: Enemy Within, Batman: Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs and Beyond: Two Souls are what i'm looking at for the rest of the year.

#23 Posted by TheHT (10930 posts) -
  • Borderlands 2
  • Saints Row IV
  • Gunpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Batman: Arkham City
#24 Posted by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

Divekick and Ridiculous Fishing are the only 2013 releases I've spent a good amount of time on.

#25 Posted by EXTomar (4519 posts) -

I never like GOTY. I never like asking about GOTY before the end of the year. So I propose that Salty Bet is the best game of the year.

#26 Edited by LiquidPrince (15855 posts) -
  • Saint's Row 4
  • Last of Us
  • DmC
  • Tomb Raider
  • Bioshock Infinite
#27 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

1. Tomb Raider

2. Super Mario World Wii U Virtual Console

3. Borderlands 2

I'm not confident about 2/3 in terms of order though. Nothing else I've played has been really amazing though - a lot of starting line abandons.

#28 Posted by TheSilentGod (135 posts) -
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. Europa Universalis IV
  4. Rayman Legends
  5. DMC Devil May Cry

I expect Rome II, GTA V and hopefully Watch Dogs to have a shot at changing this up, and I have yet to play Tomb Raider, Heart of the Swarm, Gone Home or finish Fire Emblem Awakening. I also think that Killzone Shadow Fall, if pulled off right, could be incredible.

#29 Posted by GunstarRed (5044 posts) -

At the minute It's something like

• Bioshock Infinite
  • The Last of Us - Undecided which of these top two I liked more.
  • The Wonderful 101 (Would be the best game by a mile if it had less control/camera issues.)
  • Brothers

And somewhere in among those other four Rayman Legends which is quite possibly one of the best video games ever made... I need to spend a little more than 8 hours with it, but at the minute I can see it being number one.

#30 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11495 posts) -

Fire Emblem. Probably.

#31 Posted by Zlimness (543 posts) -
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • The Last of Us
  • Saints Row IV
  • Gone Home
  • Civilization V: Brave New World

Honorable mentions: DMC: Devil May Cry, Rogue Legacy, Tomb Raider, Remember Me.

Pretty good year so far and there's still a lot of potentially good games I haven't played yet.

#32 Posted by mikeeegeee (1552 posts) -

Never thought I'd say this, but.... Dota 2.

#33 Posted by Haruko (289 posts) -

1. Saints Row IV

2. Etrian Odyssey IV

3. Shin Megami Tensei IV

4. Animal Crossing New Leaf

5. Pikmin 3

#34 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  4. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

I've played a couple other games like Metro, Guacamelee! and Tomb Raider but they weren't GOTY material for me. But I still have to play Dead Space 3, DmC, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Gone Home, Ni No Kuni, Splinter Cell Blacklist & Saints Row 4. That doesn't include games coming out. But I know Grand Theft Auto V will be in my top 10 this year furshur.

#35 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

I feel like I don't even have a list. Even the stuff I liked alot doesn't seem goty worthy. Next year will be better maybe?

#36 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

I feel like I don't even have a list. Even the stuff I liked alot doesn't seem goty worthy. Next year will be better maybe?

#37 Posted by EVO (3871 posts) -

Beyond: Two Souls

#38 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1479 posts) -
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. Metal Gear Rising
  4. Tomb Raider
#39 Posted by me3639 (1730 posts) -

I have played and finished more games this year than the past 20 and it will be difficult to decipher what is the best. I have only played Tomb Raider and Ni No Kuni from a AAA perspective, but its the smaller games and mods that have drawn more of my intrest. Still a long way to go this year and a lot of great titles but as of right now i would say Tomb Raider. Its the only game that at least was polished the most from start to finish with story, graphics and gameplay.

#40 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
  1. Gone Home
  2. Rogue Legacy
  3. Warframe
  4. Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta
  5. Kentucky Route Zero

This year's AAA titles have been disappointing. Stop playing it safe and do something interesting, game devs!

#41 Edited by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

1.cookie clicker..
2.salty bet..
3. counter strike global offensive
4.modded skyrim

indie bullshit award: gone home

what am i doing with my life

#42 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -
  • Tier 1: Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Tier 2: BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Papers, Please
  • Tier 3: The Last of Us, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Dust: An Elysian Tail (PC)
  • Tier 4: Dead Space 3
  • Tier 5: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#43 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I actually haven't played all the big hitters that I wanted to this year, and as such can't place them on the list. I'tll likely be drastically different before the end of the year.

As of now though:

DotA 2
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
DmC

I feel like 2 of those shouldn't even count, but I ran out of options....

#44 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I actually haven't played all the big hitters that I wanted to this year, and as such can't place them on the list. I'tll likely be drastically different before the end of the year.

As of now though:

DotA 2
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
DmC

I feel like 2 of those shouldn't even count, but I ran out of options....

#45 Posted by Nictel (2386 posts) -

#46 Posted by Capshot (26 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

1. The Last of Us
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  4. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

I'd say mine are basically the same as yours, but I'd add Gunpoint and Dota 2. I don't quite know what order I'd rank them in, but those 6 are the games that stand out to me.

#47 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -
  1. The Last of Us
  2. DmC Devil May Cry
  3. BioShock Infinite
  4. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  5. Tomb Raider

Need to play more SR4 and Blacklist, which I have a feeling would both be in my Top 5.

#48 Posted by TwoLines (2789 posts) -

1. Bioshock Infinite

2. Rogue Legacy

3. Gone Home

4. The Swapper

5. DmC

Still to play: Brothers, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Saints Row 4, Tomb Raider, Zeno Clash 2 (eh), GTA V (eh), Shadowrun, Rayman Legends and Guacamele.

I'm pretty sure at least one of those will end up on my GotY list.

Not gonna play but I'm sure it's pretty rad: The Last of Us, No No Kuni (Hey, I don't own a PS3, okay?).

#49 Edited by RonGalaxy (2910 posts) -

Im really hoping GTA5 blows me away just like the other games have. If not, I doubt anything else can take on the last of us, for me...

I guess my list would be this (so far)

1. The Last of Us

2. Papers, Please

3. The Swapper

4. Guacamelee

5. Bioshock Infinite (though I feel real bitter with how it turned out. I was expecting so much from this game, and it turned out to be a standard FPS, except with a great story/amazing art direction. If Bioshock dumbed down System Shock 2's formula, this completely destroys it. Fucking broke my heart. Well, at least Dishonored exists now, though the story is decidedly lacking when comparing it to bioshock)

#50 Posted by Atlas (2430 posts) -
  1. BioShock Infinite
  2. Europa Universalis IV
  3. The Last of Us
  4. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

There is a very good chance that EUIV will end up at the top of the list, since I've been playing a ton of it the past two weeks and I absolutely love it. I don't expect to see AC:NL in the top five by the end of the year - favourites to overtake it are Total War: Rome 2 and Watch_Dogs - but it definitely could still land in the top ten. The Last of Us is a great game, but it's waaaay behind the two leaders; basically it's Infinite, EUIV, then everything else at the moment. And there are a ton of already released 2013 games that I still need to play, such as DmC: Devil May Cry, The Swapper, Antichamber, and Gone Home.