Calm-before-the-storm GOTY check-in

• 152 results
mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

As I'm unemployed (still), I don't exactly have much spare cash to spend on my favorite hobby so I haven't exactly kept up with most of the games released this year. I really want to play Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Saints Row 4, Bioshock: Infinite and Rayman Legends. Then there is still the likes of GTA and new consoles and what they'll bring. If it wasn't for Humble Bundles, PS+ and Steam Sales, I probably wouldn't be playing games at all.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Hmm. Don't really know what release dates are for most games, not sure if I've played five games this year that also came out this year.

1a. Bioshock Infinite

1b. The Last of Us (still undecided on both of these, it's coming down to the DLC; for now I have to admit Bioshock Infinite was a more thrilling experience than the Last of Us, even if LoU was more amazing and unique)

...and it seems like everything else I've played this year came out a year or two ago. NBA 2K14 and GTA V will be on this list I'm sure, and possibly a PS4 game if I end up keeping my pre-order instead of waiting for inFamous.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Hmm. Don't really know what release dates are for most games, not sure if I've played five games this year that also came out this year.

1a. Bioshock Infinite

1b. The Last of Us (still undecided on both of these, it's coming down to the DLC; for now I have to admit Bioshock Infinite was a more thrilling experience than the Last of Us, even if LoU was more amazing and unique)

...and it seems like everything else I've played this year came out a year or two ago. NBA 2K14 and GTA V will be on this list I'm sure, and possibly a PS4 game if I end up keeping my pre-order instead of waiting for inFamous.

Nagogii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far it's:

1) Runner 2

2) Dragon's Crown

3) Animal Crossing

... that's all for now. I still need to get around to Saints Row 4, Gone Home, SMT 4, and The Last of Us though. Everything else that I'm interested in is during "the storm".

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#155  Edited By Krataur
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  4. Civ V: Brave New World
  5. Bioshock Infinite

TLoU is the clear winner for me so far, though. One of my favorite games I've ever played.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Last Of Us

/thread

TheFakePsychic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 18

#158  Edited By TheFakePsychic
  1. Remember Me
  2. LEGO City Undercover
  3. Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
  4. Saints Row IV
  5. Fire Emblem: Awakening

As far as I've got on my actual numbered list. Other strong (released) contenders for the rest of this list include:

And then for games I want to play that haven't been released yet (Either at all or on a platform I own) or just haven't gotten around to yet:

Will I get to all of those? Probably not. But this is my ideal list, and that is what it is.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top 5 for the year, in no particular order, are:

1. Saints Row 4
  2. XCOM Declassified
  3. Civ 5 BNW
  4. Inquisitor
  5. Pikmin 3

I don't think there are any more. Well, there's F-Zero GX, but that's been on my list since 2003. Other than that, most games that came out this year blew pretty hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I just finished GTA V, and it was incredible. Rockstar really outdid themselves with this one. The huge world, gorgeous graphics, and intense combat. Best game of the last couple years for sure!

Post from the future. Deal with it, bitches.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Last Of Us

2. Bioshock Infinite

3. Tomb Raider

4. Ni No Kuni

5. Company of Heroes 2

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

It's way too early to get into numbering, especially with GTA V coming out soon. But here are some contenders, at least:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
The Swapper
Gone Home
The Last of Us
DmC
Metal Gear Rising: Reveneagance
Gunpoint
Papers, Please

Possible contenders that I haven't finished yet:
BattleBlock Theater
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Charlie Murder
Antichamber

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By OurSin_360

haven't played that many "current" games this year, but out of the ones i played i'd say Bioshock infinite is the only one that really stands out. Tomb raider is ok, but i haven't finished it yet and the Last of Us just really got to be a chore to play through, didn't enjoy the game play at all. Story was pretty good from what i played though. I've only played the demo of rouge legacy, that game is still pretty great. I would through Injustice up there since i really liked that game as well.