can I play gta 4 on this pc

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By goldenkey

I have a HP Pavillion dv 2000, I basiclly use it for work but have a lot of down time and was wondering if I can play GTA 4 on my computer.  I don't really know to much about computers and was wondering if anyone can help me out.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1
@Br3adfan said:
" Can You Run It? "
i don't find System Requirements Lab to be the most accurate..but it's fine enough at just justifying if you can even run it.  

judging from your computer though.. i don't think you will be able to run it. GTA4 is a system hog and it requires high-end parts
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By sjschmidt93

Unlikely.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ververdan0226

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't people having trouble playing GTA !V on any PC??

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fuzzyponken

No, definitely not.  GTAIV is the most resource heavy game I've ever installed on my PC. 

Your CPU's too slow, memory's too low, and the graphics card is just not good enough. I'd be surprised if it even let you start up the game. 

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By goldenkey

thanx guys.  You just saved me some money, and a whole lot of MF'ing.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60
@ververdan0226 said:
" Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't people having trouble playing GTA !V on any PC?? "
I dunno, were they? I can run it fine.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArchScabby

Do you have a console?  Because you should probably just get it on that.  Thats how GTA was meant to be played anyway, and you won't have to worry if your 360/PS3 can run it.  I'm relatively sure it can.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By fr0br0
@ArchScabby said:
" Do you have a console?  Because you should probably just get it on that.  Thats how GTA was meant to be played anyway, and you won't have to worry if your 360/PS3 can run it.  I'm relatively sure it can. "
You obviously haven't seen GTA on mods...
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchScabby
@Fr0Br0 said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" Do you have a console?  Because you should probably just get it on that.  Thats how GTA was meant to be played anyway, and you won't have to worry if your 360/PS3 can run it.  I'm relatively sure it can. "
You obviously haven't seen GTA on mods... "
no I actually haven't seen anyting while on mods for a while.  I went to rehab for that.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ververdan0226
@CL60: I heard that even with high-end PC's that could handle the game that it was having trouble. I heard that it was just incredibly janky when it came out and that it was too resource heavy even for a lot of computers that could supposedly play it... they must have fixed it...

EDIT: Found this in Google... 
http://www.playerzblog.com/gta-4-pc-version-still-in-trouble.html
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ververdan0226 said:
" @CL60: I heard that even with high-end PC's that could handle the game that it was having trouble. I heard that it was just incredibly janky when it came out and that it was too resource heavy even for a lot of computers that could supposedly play it... they must have fixed it...

EDIT: Found this in Google... 
http://www.playerzblog.com/gta-4-pc-version-still-in-trouble.html "
I first got it when it came out for PC.. back in december i think. didnt have any problems and the graphics were just fine.. im playing my 3rd playthrough atm
torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By torus

Short answer, absolutely not. Your laptop has a weak processor, little memory, and most importantly, integrated graphics. I would be surprised if the game would even load, let alone be playable. Intel GMA (the integrated graphics adapter you have) is not meant for playing 3d games, much less what is possibly the most demanding game on the market aside from Crysis.