#1 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -

So yesterday I played Animal Crossing: New Leaf throughout the whole day. It was a profitable day in nearly every sense possible within the game:

• Tortimer showed up, and as far as I know the boat to the island would be showing up today (still might?);
  • I collected roughly 40,000 bells in a single day (as indicated above, without going to Tortimer Island);
  • I got a bunch of new fish which I donated to the museum, some of them considerably rare, as well as fossils;
  • I got new furniture that I really liked, including the Block Floor and the Balloon Clock (I think those were the names of those items);
  • And some other stuff.

Come the end of the day, and not having saved in the past 24 hours, I decide to use the 3DS browser to check an Animal Crossing wikia. After having accomplished what I set out to do when I loaded the browser, I hit the home button on my 3DS, and that was that. It froze in the loading screen.

So, feeling quite frustrated by losing all this stuff, I'm wondering if any of you savvy video-game players knows of a way to edit 3DS save files. There seems to be some (poorly-reviewed) hardware that's sold in Japan which caters my situation, but ordering something from Japan seems pricy, and I haven't really figured out if that hardware offers a layman-friendly UI, or if I would have to cluelessly try to edit hex files or something crazy like that.

Any help here?

P.S.: Don't use the 3DS browser.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24434 posts) -

Cheating at Animal Crossing is no way to play the game. Do it right. Let Resetti yell at you and move on.

#3 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Cheating at Animal Crossing is no way to play the game. Do it right. Let Resetti yell at you and move on.

It was the 3DS's fault, not mine. Apparently he doesn't yell anymore anyway, though he insinuated that you as a mayor could change that (but might have been joking).

It was a full day of work, and I'd be but getting my stuff back, without the intent of adding anything I didn't earn.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24434 posts) -

@snail said:

@hailinel said:

It was the 3DS's fault, not mine. Apparently doesn't yell anymore anyway, though he insinuated that you as a mayor could change that (but might have been joking).

It was a full day of work, and I'd be but getting my stuff back, without the intent of adding anything I didn't earn.

And that's a day that can easily done over by just playing the game. The moment you try to "game" Animal Crossing, you're missing the point.

#5 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@snail said:

@hailinel said:

It was the 3DS's fault, not mine. Apparently doesn't yell anymore anyway, though he insinuated that you as a mayor could change that (but might have been joking).

And that's a day that can easily done over by just playing the game. The moment you try to "game" Animal Crossing, you're missing the point.

It was a Saturday, I spent some eight hours playing the game. This may be a concept you have a tough time grasping, but I hate feeling like I outright wasted that much time. Those 40,000 bells didn't just fall off of trees (only like, 200 did).

#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5150 posts) -

I have a spare Balloon Clock I could give you, and 40,000 is pocket change. Just start hitting the island every night after 7:00pm, you can make 400,000+ easy off sharks and the beetles that appear on palm trees.

#7 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -
@starfoxa said:

I have a spare Balloon Clock I could give you, and 40,000 is pocket change. Just start hitting the island every night after 7:00pm, you can make 400,000+ easy off sharks and the beetles that appear on palm trees.

I guess because I haven't been on the island yet I didn't realize that. Thanks for putting that into perspective. I may still time-travel so I'm not both missing a fortune cookie (that I have been religiously buying every day), and four fossils short on the museum. As for the rare/uncommon fish, well, I guess I'll have to fish a heck lot today.

It's just really frustrating that even the minor stuff, like any greetings, nicknames, or what have you, that I defined yesterday are just lost. If it were on the account of my own stupidity/distraction it would be easier to accept, but the 3DS freaking froze on me. Why doesn't that web browser just load mobile versions of websites?

Also if you want to trade/give me that balloon clock I would much appreciate it. Besides, I don't have anyone to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf with as of yet, so it would be doubly cool to visit someone and/or have someone visit.

Thanks a lot duder!

#8 Edited by StarFoxA (5150 posts) -

@snail: I wouldn't worry too much about fortune cookies either. Once you upgrade your shop you start getting two a day. I have a few duplicates I could even toss your way. I'll send you my friend code, and I can hit you up tomorrow, since it's like 3am right now.

It is annoying to have to recatch those fish and bugs, though. Be sure you get the ones that won't be available anymore in July!

edit: Friend Code is 0748-2161-6741!

#9 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -
@starfoxa said:

@snail: I wouldn't worry too much about fortune cookies either. Once you upgrade your shop you start getting two a day. I have a few duplicates I could even toss your way. I'll send you my friend code, and I can hit you up tomorrow, since it's like 3am right now.

It is annoying to have to recatch those fish and bugs, though. Be sure you get the ones that won't be available anymore in July!

There are some that are available on a monthly basis? I thought they were all seasonal. I'll spend some more time looking into that on wikias then. Thanks for the tip.

In any case, I'll add you as soon as you PM me your Friend Code.

#10 Edited by StarFoxA (5150 posts) -

@snail: This is the guide I've been using. It's fairly accurate, although there are many bugs/fish available on the island out of season.

Oh, and I edited my friend code into the above post! I also have all varieties of fruit if you're into that kinda thing.

#11 Posted by StarvingGamer (8158 posts) -

At this point I'm gifting my fiancé 500,000 bells a day in perfect fruit. 40,000 is nothing. I lost my entire bug off haul of a bunch of unique furniture plus a gold trophy and tons of bells in a similar situation. Just brush it off and move on.