Can I trust this?

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lethalki11ler

Just received this message on Giantbomb and I don't know if it's real or not :s can you guys please tell me? Here's the message:

LethalKi11ler,

I'm the Community Manager for Monolith and I just wanted to send you a big thanks for all the awesome work you've done on the Giant Bomb Wiki.  I'd like to send you a t-shirt and some other FEAR2 swag for your troubles.  Please send me an email at MonolithCommunity@lith.com with your name, mailing address and phone number and I'll get some stuff out to you right away.  Also, please reference the Giant Bomb wiki in the email so I'll know who I'm hearing from.

Best,

Dayne M.
Community Manager
Monolith Productions

Would be cool if it's for real but I'm hesitant. Thanks
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Lith.com is legit, and that's the community email as far as I can find out... if you feel comfortable doing it, then go for it. Other than possibly getting burglarized (but who would care to do that to some guy over the internet?) I don't think anything could happen to you.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Endogene

Ha that is pretty cool from those guys (if it is indeed real) if only natsune would notice the princess debut page, if only....

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gizmo
LethalKi11ler said:
"Just received this message on Giantbomb and I don't know if it's real or not :s can you guys please tell me? Here's the message:

LethalKi11ler,

I'm the Community Manager for Monolith and I just wanted to send you a big thanks for all the awesome work you've done on the Giant Bomb Wiki.  I'd like to send you a t-shirt and some other FEAR2 swag for your troubles.  Please send me an email at MonolithCommunity@lith.com with your name, mailing address and phone number and I'll get some stuff out to you right away.  Also, please reference the Giant Bomb wiki in the email so I'll know who I'm hearing from.

Best,

Dayne M.
Community Manager
Monolith Productions

Would be cool if it's for real but I'm hesitant. Thanks"
Nice Lethal! Post some pics of the swag you get when it arrives, might be some real exlclusive stuff there :P
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

Seems like it is honest but if you are in doubt just provide a workplace mailing address or local PO Box address and provide a mobile phone number instead of a home / house number.

Now where is my t-shirt and swag Bioware? Did you not see the epic that is the Jade Empire page?..... :(

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

Meh. Personally, I don't think they should be sending that to him with all the other contributors on the page though. Just because he has the most points doesn't mean he's done the most work (given the old point system and conversions) and we have no idea what all the points may be for, etc. It seems kind of unethical. Not insulting your work, OP, but I'm saying that this should definitely not be seen as some sort of precedent.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

I agree Jayge. Especially since there's no history of what was exactly contributed.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24

That is pretty awesome. But, as Jayge says, I hope this doesn't happen with a bunch of other people. If Silent Assassin gets a free car from EA Sports for his "work" on the F1 Career Challenge page, I don't know what I would think.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Kazona

As long as they're not asking for your bank number, credit card number or social security number, I see no real problem. And like Hamz said, if you're not entirely sure, give them your work address and a mobile number.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By End_Boss
ITS A BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMB!