Can't remember the name of the game! Help needed!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I need your help to figure out the names for two games I remember playing as a kid at school on our school computers. This would have been in primary school so in the 90's. Pretty confident in saying that they were played on Acorn computers and most probably 'educational' to a degree. I'm probably going to get nowhere but thought it was worth a shot, it's worth noting that these games might be UK only, I'm not sure. So okay, this is what I remember of the two PC games:

1. The first was a simple game set in an house. You moved the camera around the house, going upstairs, into rooms and the living room view was of a fireplace. Real simple things, however the one reason I remember it was because you could set the clock to different dates and I remember setting it to Christmas day and the house would change with a Christmas tree and decorations. It's sound stupid, but I've always been fascinated by it. Probable that no one as any idea what I'm talking about.

2. The second game was an adventure game of sorts. Though if memory serves me well, it had mini games which required you to complete to venture forward in your adventure. I vividly remember one of the mini-games requiring you to fit blocks of stone into carts the right size. There was also some puzzle involving a fizzy drink machine or something. Barely anything to go by I know. Sorry!

Look, I know that's not a lot to go by, but I was hoping that someone might remember something. I'm hoping Acorn computers were available at quite a few primary schools in the UK or maybe even other countries. Keep in mind I'm 24 now, so it's been a while and I'm played a fair share of games since... but those two I remember fondly.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Second game's puzzles sound way too vague, so many adventure games have those kind of puzzles! Yup, even soda machine puzzles. Even The Cave has one.

But I never had an Acorn computer, wasn't living in UK at the time.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the second game, were there puzzles where you had to rebuild a bridge and parts where you traveled by boat? If it is, I can't for the life on me remember what it's called, but would sure love to know.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the second game, were there puzzles where you had to rebuild a bridge and parts where you traveled by boat? If it is, I can't for the life on me remember what it's called, but would sure love to know.

That actually sounds familiar. Remember it was pretty awesome back in the day. Also recall having to navigate a tiny dude through a maze being one of the mini-games.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By bishna

Second game sounds like it could be Elixir. First game, I dunno, might not even be a game.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Second game sounds like one I remember playing in primary school too. No idea what the name is, but I remember it taking you on an adventure through a jungle or rainforest on a boat at one point.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Raven10

Well I'm not even sure the Acorn ever came to the US so I doubt I'll be much help. Good luck, though.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

@alexw00d said:

Second game sounds like one I remember playing in primary school too. No idea what the name is, but I remember it taking you on an adventure through a jungle or rainforest on a boat at one point.

Now that sounds familiar indeed, I now recall there being a jungle or rain forest.

@bishna said:

Second game sounds like it could be Elixir. First game, I dunno, might not even be a game.

Sadly not the game, but thanks for the input, appreciated.

Ambeexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ambeexx

was The Crystal Rainforest

Loading Video...

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MachoFantastico

Sorry for the very late reply to this. Totally forgot to check this thread as I've been searching on some other sites/forums. That game in the video as some similarities but it's not the same. Had no luck so far.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for the very late reply to this. Totally forgot to check this thread as I've been searching on some other sites/forums. That game in the video as some similarities but it's not the same. Had no luck so far.

If you had impregnated a woman the last time you were here, she'd have a baby in her arms right now! Still no luck, damn bro.

ameyread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ameyread

Sorry I haven't heard about such game, maybe you could search on the web what games for Acorn released during that time.

Xenia_Wings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machofantastico: So i think i found the second one. It took me like 2 years, apparently i wasnt searcing hard enough but its called "Mission Control V2". Or at least thats the one that i remember. im not sure if you still use this site, but if you do, and you're still wondering i think this is the game!!