• 75 results
Edited 1 year, 1 day ago

Poll: Can the Giant Bomb forums make a comeback? (368 votes)

Oh Jeez, Yeah! 19%
The fuck I know. 14%
Been here all the time... 18%
Party's over. 21%
I wish I would have never been born. 7%
Other Motherfucker You Fucking Fucks...the Fuck...Fuck You! 21%

Other

#1 Posted by Xolare (1268 posts) -

whut

#2 Posted by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

Don't call it a comeback.

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (4992 posts) -

Mther Otherfucker.

#4 Posted by FLStyle (4506 posts) -

Not the sort of thread I'd associate with a mentally stable individual.

#5 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1502 posts) -

I don't understand? When did they leave?

#6 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@flstyle said:

Not the sort of thread I'd associate with a mentally stable individual.

Never been stable. Always been Claude.

I don't understand? When did they leave?

If you don't know, well, then the forums never found you.

#7 Edited by CaLe (3895 posts) -

Unban Hitman?

#8 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@cale said:

Unban Hitman?

Hitman is dead to me. He did so many wrong.

#9 Edited by Yummylee (21200 posts) -

There's been too many casualties; too many good men and women have jumped ship, or at least post very sparingly now. There's no coming back from that. Party's over...

#10 Edited by CaLe (3895 posts) -

@claude said:

@cale said:

Unban Hitman?

But... but I miss being called a bottomfeeder for not having 1000 posts on the forums T-T. I did my best for him, to get over 1000, but now my senpai is not here to notice me.

#11 Edited by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

We've lost too many comrades. :/

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9577 posts) -

Well, I'm still here being a jackass so at least there's that.

#13 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

Sure, a lot of frequent posters are no longer around, but these forums are still a good place to-

...what exactly do we do here, again?

#14 Posted by pyromagnestir (4190 posts) -

The party can't be over I just got here! :)

Oh... Is that why the party's over? :(

#15 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@yummylee said:

There's been too many casualties; too many good men and women have jumped ship, or at least post very sparingly. There's no going back from that. Party's over...

I'm still here. I've seen it all. I haven't played all the games, but I've seen all the games played. Giant Bomb means a lot to me. I've watched these boards, this community become the beautiful nothingness of usernames that we love. But real people we are, and I've talked to them. I've helped them. I have become friends with them. Internet. Crazy. But Giant Bomb brought me here. I'm alive. I breathe. And I play video games.

#16 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

@cale said:

@claude said:

@cale said:

Unban Hitman?

But... but I miss being called a bottomfeeder for not having 1000 posts on the forums T-T. I did my best for him, to get over 1000, but now my senpai is not here to recognize me.

lol this made me laugh. But Calel remember, you are part of a dead people. Your "Hitman" sent you here with goals. And you have smashed them. Now you must use your abilities for the betterment of these forums. You and I, my friend, are part of the new age. Soon the lurkers will look to the threads to verbally say "lol, this Calel guy is a riot" and will never remember "hitman". Hitman is a piece of shit and he's dead(as a user of this site), long live Kal-el cale.

#17 Posted by warxsnake (2634 posts) -

You can't expect GB to grow as a site and have the community stay as it was in 2008.

If you want that experience (of the same personalities posting the same shit over and over) try neogaf.

#18 Edited by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

I've seen enough up and comers and the community spotlight shows the user base is supplying fantastic content on the daily bases.

#19 Edited by wrecks (2195 posts) -

What is Forum?

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11793 posts) -

Don't call it a comeback

They've been here for years

#21 Posted by toots (428 posts) -

this is a dumb thread.

#22 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I've seen enough up and comers and the community spotlight shows the user base is supplying fantastic content on the daily bases.

Always the optimist. Mostly talking about the forums though. They seem to have...degraded from their past.

Still, much love and respect for you.

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9577 posts) -
#24 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

I've had to do a lot of bad shit to get where I am today and I've lost a lot of friends along the way. But it will all be worth it when I am finally crowned The King of Video Games™.

#25 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

I truly believe, in my heartiest of hearts, that they continue to live on as lurkers. Forever doomed to lurk.

#26 Posted by myketuna (1644 posts) -

I love the forums. I lurk more than I post, but I tend to read most of the threads page by page. I find them interesting.

So... fuck if I know.

#27 Posted by Milkman (16479 posts) -

I'm not here to make friends.

#28 Posted by Slag (3897 posts) -

Now that notifications are working for some (me being one of them) and once they work for most of the userbase, I think we'll truly find out.

Now finally bloggers and other content (reviews etc) creators have a decent chance of having their work found and followed again. That sort of stuff was disabled for so long it really drove away some of the best posters or changed their posting habits. It's hard to post awesome stuff if no one will see it.

Will the 2008/9 vibe ever completely come back? really doubtful, as the early years of a startup are pretty special and wide open with possibility. Now the GB gang are corporate once more so it won't ever feel like that again. And chances are the newer users will be the type of people who like more mainstream consumer stuff.

but I do think this can be a more positive/ easy going/ game discussin and lovin', fun place again.

#29 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Nah. Most of the interesting people with great knowledge or extreme opinions have either dropped out or been banned for being a little wild, the CBSi acquisition mixed with a few key people leaving and the remaining staff being all jaded and taking us for granted kind of killed the flame we once had around here, and the whole site just transformed into something cold and stale.

Nintendo defense force banned, the funny crazies banned, some enthusiastic PC heads banned, light-hearted fanboys that brought some spark are nonexistent now, etc.. They made this joint worthwhile for me as a forum reader in the past, but these moderators have gotten serious from what I've seen. and this community started regulating forum topics and flagging anything out of the ordinary.

Even the name color alignments and mini bios disappeared, they were a huge part of giving people personalities when you see their names. This shit is turning into Orwell's 1984 to be honest, the party's over.

I've been a forum reader far longer than being a member so that's where my opinion comes from.

#30 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

I truly believe, in my heartiest of hearts, that they continue to live on as lurkers. Forever doomed to lurk.

They will keep on lurkin' from the sewers, waiting for their time to strike.

#31 Posted by mrfluke (5044 posts) -

itill be fine, seeing a lot of familiar names in threads, but new people are surfacing up enough.

#32 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@slag: Gonna sleep on your shit. Good stuff. Indeed agreed and all that jazz.

#33 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I wasn't around back in the beginning but I heard the stories. Some of y'all got nostalgia glasses on man! It may not be the same but it's still GB and there's always some weird shit going somewhere. Just don't ask sonic_the_hedgehog or crouching_spock to come back. Seriously.

#34 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Giant Bomb got overwhelmed by the darkness, it became a hollow of its former self. The site got lost confused and turned into despair. I've felt the darkness its such a lonely place. Its like walking down a road that gets darker and darker the further you walk. A road that never ends is such a sad and lonely place, the angels told me that once...

#35 Posted by JasonR86 (9577 posts) -

@supamon:

STH was great. I wish I could handle language the way that dude could. He was like the Shakespeare of trolling.

#36 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I've been following GB since the initial Arrow Pointing Down podcasts but I never really cared about the forums or any of the site extras like quests and editing the wiki. That said I've been poking my head in the forums a little more often lately out of sheer boredom now that I'm unemployed. Things seem pretty standard around here so I'm not sure why it needs to make a comeback. Guess I'm missing something.

#37 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

You asking this question right near the launch of two new consoles will force me to say this:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.
It'll be the Gamespot of 2006-2007 all over again.

#38 Edited by supamon (1333 posts) -

@jasonr86: You know it man. I never got his fixation on Jeff. It's like he sat there thinking up verses that incorporated "anime is for jerks" and the like. Just thinking of someone just sitting there thinking up shit like that makes me shake my head.

#39 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

You asking this question right near the launch of two new consoles will force me to say this:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

It'll be the Gamespot of 2006-2007 all over again.

#40 Posted by Stonyman65 (2566 posts) -

The forums will still be active, but it will never be the "10 pages of replies for every topic" type of forum that it used to be.

Ever since the site redesign I think a lot of people lost interest when we couldn't see the new topics box on the homepage. By the time they brought it back, most users had just moved on and didn't care anymore.

Too lazy to go to the forums page and actually look for stuff.

#41 Posted by EXTomar (4442 posts) -

If there is a problem, it would be some of the "low quality posts" that are made by posters with less than 25 posts. To "correct" this would require a lot more moderation which I'm not sure they or anyone else is willing to support.

#42 Posted by Aetheldod (3494 posts) -

Come on duders!!! This is only the dark middle chapter , nothing can go wrong , hope is just at the corner.... unless they pull up a ME3 , then we are fuuuuuucked. D:

#43 Edited by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

D-don't worry guys there's another Bombcast Animated just around the corner. It's gonna fix everything.

#44 Edited by Max_Cherry (1129 posts) -

If you ask me, I think the mods are a little too lock happy if you know what I mean.

#45 Edited by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

D-don't worry guys there's another Bombcast Animated just around the corner. It's gonna fix everything.

#46 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

Will the forums ever come back to the wild and loose days of 2009? Probably not. I dunno, as long as people still make insightful blogs and/or disturbing photoshops of the staff, these forums will still be ok in my book.

#47 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

First they need to redesign the forums, or just change them back to the way they were before. The forums look like the comments on a news article. It's the reason I pay no attention to the polygon forums, or that site in general.

#48 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Yeah, I haven't seen stupid, funny, shit happen all that often on here anymore. Party's over.

#49 Posted by wewantsthering (1545 posts) -

Kill this thread right now. This is not the time for this shit.

#50 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Its going to be hard we can't even make fun of dating advice now.