Can the Kinect or the Move Compete with the Wii?

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By regularassmilk
regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By regularassmilk

I really like the move, and the kinect is neat too, but will it ever compete with the Wii and its weird universal market where it sells to people who are like 60+?
I kinda doubt it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

No.  The Wii has to big of a head start more homes have Wii then central heating. 

Avatar image for whitebrightknight
WhiteBrightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By WhiteBrightKnight

No, even if the marketing budget is high you have to assume that people who have the wii are already satisfied with it.  The consumer also only has to pay $200 to get a wii with motionplus and two games, where it'll be like $300-$400 for console(assuming they don't already own PS3/360) and peripheral for move/kinect, not including subcontrollers for move.  Also, Kinect only has 2 player local support which mildly defeats the purpouse of the whole "get your family together" aspect.
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ragdrazi

No. And they shouldn't have tired. Forced innovation is doomed to fail right out of the package.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

No. Old people have learnt their lesson.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Do non gamers still buy Wiis ?

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Almost definitely not.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Quacktastic

I think most of those people who bought a Wii just because it was all over TV or a thing people were talking about, aren't the kind of people to buy a ton of consoles.  I'd imagine they either like the Wii and that's enough for them or they don't and wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Well the rooster teeth guys said that Kinect sold about the same amount of units on opening day as the Wii and more than the PSMove but they are kind of Microsoft fanboys albeit entertaining.   And that's the only place I heard about the numbers.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Mrskidders

Direct button control gaming>Motion gaming.  This will never change.  These are just fad things that will be forgotten about soon enough.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By xyzygy

The only one I see competing with the Wii is Kinect, and that's partially because of MS's massive push for it. Sony doesn't seem to be doing the same thing with the Move in terms of marketing and to a lot of people it just looks like the exact same thing as the Wii, which it essentially is plus the standard improvements in technology that comes with time.

To the average person who doesn't really follow games and frequent gaming websites, Kinect is a whole different thing than the Wii and the Move and that is appealing to them. And over 1 million Kinect sales in 10 days proves that. Especially considering it's massive price point, 150 bucks before taxes.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Quacktastic

Now that I think about it, the only time I see Move commercials is during sports games.  I don't even think they are going for the same crowd.  Maybe Sony also think, 'Dude, those people already have Wiis.'

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm on the side with the people saying that Kinect and Move are basically market testing for something down the road.