Can you reccomend me a graphics card ? .

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shotgunblast97

My current graphic card is a 256 Mb ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics. I am looking for a graphic card but I don't have a lot of money right now so I am wondering if the 1GB Radeon HD 5450 DDR3 is a upgrade since it is only £ 24. I think that most of the game I will play were made in 2008 so is it a decent graphic card for that.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Can get a 5770 for less than £100 and you'd be surprised at what you can run with it. One thing I'd suggest is looking into the power requirements of whatever card you get because it's annoyingly easy to buy a card only to find your original PSU can't handle it.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Xyber

5450 is worthless when it comes to games, just don't buy it. It is a HTPC card and nothing else.

ScreamingFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ScreamingFist

If you can, computer specs will make for better recommendations for your system. Your budget amount can't hurt either =)

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Xyber said:

5450 is worthless when it comes to games, just don't buy it. It is a HTPC card and nothing else.

This, I learnt the hard way on this one.

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shotgunblast97

My specs are Amd Athlon 2.7 Ghz Dual core 2Gb ram 256 Mb Ati Radeon 3000 graphic card unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money right now so I would say about £50 is my budget. im not looking for a graphic card that play a game like Cod on its highest graphic setting but something that can play games like that on low or medium without any major lag issues. Thanks in advance

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shotgunblast97

Also can anyone tell me what kind of specs I am looking for in a graphics card.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xyber

@Shotgunblast97: We need to know what power supply you have before we can start recommending anything. If it's just some cheap 250W it might not be enough for a more powerful graphics card. But you should really look on ebay or something and look for maybe a 4850/4870 or 5750/5770. They will play plenty of games on medium/high. Your CPU might be too old and hold them back some though.

You really should start saving up for a new computer instead. Your parts are really old now and you can get a pretty cheap computer that still plays most games just fine.

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shotgunblast97

@Xyber I can't check my power supply right now,Sorry about that. Is my CPU to slow to run something like Gta IV .

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmilingPig

TnT 2 is the shit!

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Go ATI is all I can recommend, cheaper and more powerful.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Go ATI is all I can recommend, cheaper and more powerful.

Nvidia's new cards are really attractive products though. Not only do they have impressive hardware, they also pack some serious software-level technology that ATI doesn't, namely more robust PhysX functionalities and stuff related to playing games in 3D.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258

A HD 7750 is a cheap current-gen card that doesn't take up much power, doesn't make much noise, and will run most things with the settings turned down a bit, including GTA4.

But yeah, you seriously need to start saving for an upgrade. I don't know much about the currency you're using but it doesn't sound like enough to buy even the graphics card I linked. Save your money.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xyber

@Shotgunblast97: You really need a quad core for GTA IV, your CPU is way to slow for that game.