#1 Edited by Rorie (2853 posts) -

Hey, plenty of you probably placed orders for the FUCK, RYAN DAVIS shirt via the Giant Bomb store. Unfortunately, circumstances beyond our control have made it impossible for us to ship these shirts. As such, we're going to begin issuing refunds for all orders starting today. It might take us a couple of days to refund all orders.

Please note that your entire order will be cancelled, even if you ordered other shirts alongside the FRD shirt. We don't have the ability to delete only one item from a multi-item order, and there were plenty of overseas orders that were trying to throw in other shirts to save on shipping. You can feel free to replace your orders for the other items if you wish.

If you used a store coupon code to place your order, we'll reactivate the code for you when we process your refund.

We apologize for all this. We appreciate the fact that so many of you wanted to help out the Davis family, and we'll try to let you know how you can do that in the future.

If you have any questions about your order, or if your refund doesn't appear by the end of the week, feel free to get in touch with us at support@giantbomb.com.

Edit: This really has nothing to do with CBS or CBSi, so please extinguish your pitchforks. I'm sure you'd all love to know the details behind this, but unfortunately we really can't go into it. It's frustrating on our end, as well.

Staff
#2 Posted by Slydotcom (84 posts) -

What? :O This is sad.... :(

#3 Posted by Corwag (93 posts) -

bummer

#4 Posted by FinalDasa (1592 posts) -

Will the be another shirt/opportunity to help support the same cause as the shirt?

#5 Edited by dvorak (1496 posts) -

CBSi, making some cool moves.

#6 Posted by LGJ (40 posts) -

Damn :(

#7 Posted by Unilad (559 posts) -

How comes they were cancelled?

#8 Edited by TheLastGunslinger (223 posts) -

I'll assume this came from the higher-ups at CBSi.

I'm definitely interested to see the replacement. I would really like to donate to Ryan's family or a cause he believed in.

Edit: Confirmed to be untrue by Mr. @rorie. Thanks for keeping the community informed.

#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4190 posts) -

Well, maybe it was too much demand and not enough supply right now.

Something.. :/

#10 Posted by LegionVsNinja (53 posts) -

Well this makes me sad all over again.

#11 Posted by Nerolus (245 posts) -

Sucks, but not really. Thanks for being up front with everybody and doing an all out refund even with the coupon codes.

#12 Edited by soupbones (288 posts) -

Can't you give us a little more details?

#13 Posted by VaultDweller13 (99 posts) -

How about more CDC shirts?

#14 Edited by zEyePawdz (45 posts) -

My guess would be CBS.

#15 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

Thanks CBSi.

#16 Posted by zEyePawdz (45 posts) -
#17 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@unilad said:

The legal section of CBSi told them it would unfortunately not be possible due to some complicated legal circumstances.

#18 Posted by rbanke (191 posts) -

@thelastgunslinger: I'd hate to speculate too much, but I could see higher up's not keen on the idea or there being some red tape that got in the way. We'll probably never know.

#19 Edited by BBAlpert (1431 posts) -

@thelastgunslinger said:

I'll assume this came from the higher-ups at CBSi.

I'm definitely interested to see the replacement. I would really like to donate to Ryan's family or a cause he believed in.

I think I remember seeing Jeff or someone saying that Ryan's dad thought Child's Play was a good charity, but I can't say with any certainty.

#20 Posted by Excast (901 posts) -

If it was indeed higher ups, I sort of wonder why this shirt would be an issue and not the original from last year. Was it the fact the money was being donated?

#21 Posted by The_Grindilow (430 posts) -

Fuck political correctness .

Seriously though, I ordered a shirt, but I'd rather own something more heartfelt that I would be comfortable wearing in public. Maybe a different design idea? Ryan was a great dude, just a shirt with his sweaty head on would make me happy.

#22 Posted by Seanakin66 (158 posts) -

God damn it.

#23 Edited by BBAlpert (1431 posts) -

Seriously though, I ordered a shirt, but I'd rather own something more heartfelt that I would be comfortable wearing in public. Maybe a different design idea? Ryan was a great dude, just a shirt with his sweaty head on would make me happy.

You mean like Alexis' "shroud of Davis" shirt he talked about on that one Bombcast?

#24 Posted by MikeydCT (563 posts) -

Will the be another Ryan Davis shirt?

#26 Posted by Lenny (84 posts) -

Ah, that's a damn shame. T'would have been a prized item indeed. I hope an alternative can be arranged.

Thanks for letting us know Rorie.

#27 Posted by soupbones (288 posts) -

I'm confused... was it the comma?

#28 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Do we know for sure this is because of CBSi? Cause that sucks.

#29 Posted by Corwag (93 posts) -

How about that shirt with Ryans face just saying thanks Ryan that someone on here made?

#30 Edited by dvorak (1496 posts) -

There's a number of reasons why CBSi wouldn't allow this. The vague wording in the promise of the donation, and the fact that they would probably only donate to a non-profit foundation being the most obvious. This all apart from the fact that it's an awful design that no one can wear anyway.

#31 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1191 posts) -

I just got my email.

I ordered it, but I will be honest, I wasn't really a fan of the design. I know of the history of it, and Ryan would get a kick out of it, but it really doesn't seem right.

I am hoping for a tasteful, albeit more sensibly goofy shirt.

I'll still donate to the funeral fund once that is opened.

#32 Edited by Rabbykayn (221 posts) -

CBSi just guaranteed I won't be supporting any of their properties in the future aside from GB. Way to go.

#33 Edited by Foggen (842 posts) -
#34 Posted by The_Nubster (2090 posts) -

Can we get a t-shirt with Authentic Ryan Davis Sweat Zones?

#35 Posted by Akyho (1594 posts) -

I was wondering how this going and it turns out it isn't. Will keep an eye out of the next option.

#36 Posted by Corwag (93 posts) -
#37 Posted by D_Mac (118 posts) -

Yeah, this stinks, really want a way to help out Ryan's family.

#39 Edited by Demoskinos (14734 posts) -

Guys, lets all take a step back here and realize that the Fuck Ryan Davis shirt originally was unveiled on the BLLS3 which was well after they were in the new offices. I doubt CBSi told them they couldn't do it for political correctness reasons. It does no good to speculate on these things. It is a bummer that it got canceled but lets not throw people under the bus when we don't even have hard facts to back up the accusations.

#40 Posted by Rorie (2853 posts) -

@unilad said:

The legal section of CBSi told them it would unfortunately not be possible due to some complicated legal circumstances.

This is false, so please, the rest of you, don't start tweeting CBSi or anything over this. We're not going to go into it beyond that.

Staff
#41 Posted by Branwulf (403 posts) -

This sucks, hopefully you guys can set up an alternative.

#42 Posted by aashbrook (9 posts) -

fuck, i really wanted one

#43 Posted by ChaosTony (102 posts) -

:(

#44 Edited by martyarf (250 posts) -

Does political correctness just mean whatever bad thing is happening in the world? Because I'm pretty sure that in the 1950s a company like CBS would probably still not be printing t shirts with f-bombs on them.

#45 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

I am confident that GB will come up with a shirt design that is just as memorable and doesn't mistake people into thinking you're dishonoring the dead.

#46 Posted by RecSpec (3799 posts) -

I'm just going to keep believing that demand for the shirt was so high it was literally impossible to produce them all.

#47 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4673 posts) -

Someone probably realized that as true to Giant Bomb and Ryan in particular it is, the shirt's still skirting the line of bad taste. If not outright over stepping it.

Shroud of Davis t-shirt would be amazing, though. Especially for the Jesus Christ connotation.

#48 Posted by Unilad (559 posts) -
@rorie said:

@grissefar said:

@unilad said:

This is false, so please, the rest of you, don't start tweeting CBSi or anything over this. We're not going to go into it beyond that.

Sure thing. Must suck for you guys too.

#49 Edited by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

That's a bummer for certain. I hope you guys come up with another Ryan Davis-related shirt.

#50 Posted by wjb (1653 posts) -

Guys, lets all take a step back here and realize that the Fuck Ryan Davis shirt originally was unveiled on the BLLS3 which was well after they were in the new offices. I doubt CBSi told them they couldn't do it for political correctness reasons. It does no good to speculate on these things. It is a bummer that it got canceled but lets not throw people under the bus when we don't even have hard facts to back up the accusations.

Thanks for confirming this. I was reading all of the posts and couldn't help but think "Uhh...wasn't the original FRD shirt made after they moved into the new offices?"

People be speculatin'.