cant get my xbox controller to work with pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dollster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so i finaly got an xbox 360 controller on my pc to use with certan games, But im having a problem using it i plugged it with a play and plug kit to my pc it prompted an install driver thing installed and all that.

But when trying to use it it just blinks the 4 lights have tried it with couple of games ds1 deadpool and metal gear rising none work

It shows up on device manager in microsoft common controller for windows class as Xbox 360 wireless controller via play and charge kit

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm having a difficult time understanding your post, but it sounds like you're trying to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller connected via the Play and Charge USB cable - that won't work. The Play and Charge cable doesn't carry any data. It's only intended for charging.

You need to either get a wired controller or get the wireless adapter.

dollster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why on earth doesnt it work as any other usb cable on the planet

MrFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrFalcon

@dollster85: You should probably get the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows. It doesn't have to be made by Microsoft so you can find a cheap alternative somewhere if you search around. A relatively quick and painless setup. You can also get a generic RF receiver, but setting them up to work with your controller can be more complicated.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1001 topics over the last decade all easily searchable on Google bro. Just sayin. It's always the same answer.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sadly the controllers with plug in kits don't work with the pc as easily. Because it is a wireless controller you'll need to do what MrFlacon suggested and buy a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. Or you could buy a wired controller.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Solution 1: Don't play Dead Pool.

Solution 2: Xbox controller receiver from the internet. You can find it for less than $20.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

I'm going to close this now...the question has been answered more than once.