Cant play video's on my HTC Inspire

BakedBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BakedBeans

Not sure where I should of put this, but I figured someone on the bomb forums could help me out. I am trying to view videos and such on the go I like watching quick looks when I need to kill some time. But ever since I got this HTC Inpire I havnt been able to view videos. I will click to play an nothing will happen. Wanted to know if this was an android problem or something else is up. Thanks all.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
@evildeathsyth: Could be an issue with your specific phone. If all else fails, there's always the Giant bomb Android app. It has videos, reviews, news, and the bombcast.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Can the HTC run HTML5?  I know the iPhone and iPad run the videos in HTML5 when you click on the image of the video.

BakedBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BakedBeans

Yeah it does.. 

HTC Inspire 4G running on 1GHz Snapdragon application processor, 768 MB RAM, supporting Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi b/g/n, 3G, HSPA+, Bluetooth connectivity, DLNA, HTML 5 support. Inspire 4G having an interesting feature called ’Physical location awareness’ — phone rings louder when in a pocket or bag and will quiets when taken out.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
@evildeathsyth: Then I have no idea, ask the programers on the site.  All HTML5 able mobiles should be able to run the videos, it was one of the big changes when they started to update the Whiskey sites.
BakedBeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BakedBeans

just using the android app for now

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I have a HTC phone with an unusual screen resolution so I cannot play almost all video files, but I found this program that I have been using for other things that you may want to check out. It's called FreeStudio (get it). It has automatic settings for every smartphone other than the inspire, but you could work out which phone has the same same screen size and choose that phone's setting. Try it before you dismiss it anyway.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By yoshimitz707

Just to make sure. You are trying to watch these videos from the mobile site, right?

karenmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By karenmoore

Firstly, you should check what format the videos in. HTC inspire supports MP4 videos. Therefore, I suggest you to convert videos to mp4 before transferring the videos into the device.

Read the tutorial here: http://www.converter-video.com/mp4-converter/video-to-mp4.html