#1 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

This is a 2 game pack featuring Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel VS Capcom 1. It costs 1200pts or $15 and coming out in September

#2 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I think I just had a seizure lol, but seriously that looks great.

#3 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

fucking awesome! i love capcom.my fav dev,hands down.

#4 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

$15 sounds pretty steep for those 2.

#5 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Vade: two solid classic fighting games? id pay 15 each for them.

#6 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Venom's pretty cool I guess.

#7 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

So hype for this love mvc 1

#8 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

The only real downside is that MVC2 is essentially both of these games slapped together. If you already own that, there isn't a whole lot here for the casual fighting game/Capcom fan. MVC1 is still pretty dope though.

#9 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99 said:

@Vade: two solid classic fighting games? id pay 15 each for them.

Well that's a stretch. I'd throw 15 on something on the level of CvS2. I wouldn't call either of these very solid and I'd have to put my Marvel glasses on to consider them classics.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Even though I suck at these games, I still enjoy playing them.

#11 Posted by OneManX (1681 posts) -

I think Jeff hit the nail on the head on Twitter... if Capcom is gonna be re-releasing old fighting games... show me Capcom vs SNK...

#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

That's nice and all, but where is Xmen vs. Street Fighter, the good "classic" VS game?

#13 Posted by cmblasko (1131 posts) -

I will get this simply to assuage my guilt over having only played these games through less-than-legal means over the years. I am of the rare breed who prefers MvC to MvC2 or MvC3 so I will probably put in some online time with that.

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -
#15 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11485 posts) -

But... doesn't Marvel vs Capcom 2 kinda make all the games that came before it somewhat irrelevant? They need to stop screwing around and release Capcom vs SNK 2 with online support.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36051 posts) -

Shouldn't it just be Marvel vs Capcom 2 :P?

#17 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

I am excited to play Marvel Super Heroes again. I thought the gem system in that game was really interesting. Online play in these games may get kind of funky due to the games having a number of infinites in them.

#18 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

#19 Posted by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -

Hell at this point I am just glad they arent throwing up the PS1 versions of these games like they did with Cyberbots and Darkstalkers. Those versions were terrible.

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6027 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Shouldn't it just be Marvel vs Capcom 2 :P?

Funny thing is that they already released that onto XBLA/PSN 3 years ago. That is why I don't get this. I haven't played either MvC1 or Marvel Super Heroes, but I would think that they are basically obsolete if MvC 2 is out. Capcom should really be releasing Capcom vs SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 in HD on XBLA/PSN.

#21 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I feel like this is pretty much obsolete since MvC2 is also available for download.

#22 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I dunno, I think people are already happy with MvC2 and 3.

#23 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

1200 points is a bit much if they're straight re-releases.

Edit: Nope online play for both seems pretty worthwhile, not bad.

#24 Posted by BadSniper52 (604 posts) -

Sweet, I had so much fun with this game. love watching the intro to Marvel vs Capcom.

#25 Posted by churrific (475 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

I will get this simply to assuage my guilt over having only played these games through less-than-legal means over the years. I am of the rare breed who prefers MvC to MvC2 or MvC3 so I will probably put in some online time with that.

Lol you're not alone. I preferred the pre-MvC2 games as well.

#26 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

#27 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@churrific said:

@cmblasko said:

Lol you're not alone. I preferred the pre-MvC2 games as well.

Same here. These aren't like a Madden franchise. MVC and MSH were so unique and had their own flair to them that makes them special. I am super excited for this.

I mean, just because Street Fighter 4 came out doesn't mean people stopped playing 3rd Strike or SF2Turbo. Or that people threw out their copies of God of War 2 when 3 came out. That logic doesn't make any sense to me.