Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Remember Me

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Remember Me is a futuristic game set in Neo-Paris. The protagonist, Nilin, is up against a tyrant company, Memorize, with the technology to manipulate people's memory to their will. It is up to Nilin and her friends to fight against Memorize to break the bind it has on society.

Capcom announces Remember Me, a thriller set in Neo-Paris 2084.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

So, for those severely disappointed at the Game Informer reveal will hopefully find something interesting in this story about a new title to be published by Capcom:

Capcom has revealed Remember Me, a new game and franchise from Paris, France-based developer DONTNOD Entertainment.

A brief trailer in the game showed off a young woman running and precariously leaping through a dystopian future city. Her memory has been erased, as she frequently discloses during the trailer, at one point asking, "I'm the hunter, why am I being hunted?" The game's director explained that memory is an important part of the game, sharing an intimate memory of how he met his girlfriend. "What if we could all have access to all the memories of all the people in this room," he asked. "What if we could buy, sell or share these memories?" He highlights a few examples — what if we could relive Obama's election through his own eyes? What if we could delete our own memories?

Remember Me is set in Neo-Paris in 2084, where citizens are equipped with the Sensation Engine, a piece of hardware which allows them to record and digitize the events they experience in real time. These recordings are built into profiles by the manufacturer, called Memoreyes. In Remember me, you play as Nilin, a member of the "Errorists," who are trying to take down the corporation. She escapes from the city's Bastille, armed with the ability to access anyone's memories — she is, in the director's own words, a "memory hunter."
    A brief demo for the title showed Nilin carrying out her mission, hunting down a target with valuable information she must extract. Her target — one Captain Trace — finds her first, and attacks from a helicopter, Nilin flees through the city's rooftops and alleyways, parkouring over pipes and low platforms. She augments the environment by hacking machinery on the fly using an implant in her neck, lowering an elevator to a more advantageous climbing position.

She enters into combat with two armed guards, firing at them with a device on her wrist (attached to the aforementioned implant), and dispatching them with hand-to-hand combat. After getting behind one of them, she hacks into his skull, and performs a "memory overload," which filled his brain with too many memories for him to handle, and knocked him out.
    Nilin also has access to a few cerebral-based powers which she can use in combat, like a "Logic Bomb," or an area of effect attack which puts enemies to sleep. She can also "Memory Remix," which allows her to change the memories of targets, which causes a "Butterfly Effect" on that person's current personality.

In a second demo, Nilin stalked another member of the Memoreyes guard through Neo-Paris's holo-billboard-lined streets. This guard was recently left by his wife — until Nilin "remixed" the memory of the break-up, rewatching it through the guard's eyes. He's shown as an alcoholic, twirling a gun as his wife tells him off. After exchanging harsh words, she leaves. Nilin rewinds the memory, and is able to influence elements in the environment. She knocks over the bottle the guard was drinking from. He trips on it, falling to the table with the gun, points it at his wife and pulls the trigger — but the safety is off. She leaves again, Nilin rewinds again, and takes the safety off the gun, ensuring the false memory of the wife's demise. Flash-forward to the present, and the guard — believing that his upcoming promotion is actually his arraignment for his wife's murder — kills himself, doing Nilin's dirty work for her.

That was it for the demo — we'll see more at Gamescom later this week. Remember Me is scheduled to come out on 360, PS3 and PC in May 2013.

Sourcey.

So, this sounds pretty awesome - a bit Minority Report-ish. Cyberpunk is totally my thing so I'm definitely interested in the execution. IGN has a trailer up. It looks Japanese as shit, even though the developer is French. The trailer isn't exactly compelling like I was hoping.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

cool

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeF

@Napalm: funny thing is that it was announced last year at gamescom already (without a publisher) and nobody cared :D (it was called Adrift back then)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Fuuuuuuuuck that trailer looks immense.

Not to mention it really reminds me of the novel I'm writing.
    I think my mind is being tapped.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By impartialgecko

What is going on with Capcom? Suddenly Dragon's Dogma and DMC are being all risky and Capcom announces yet more new IP. Crazy times we live in.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

I updated the OP with a video link. It doesn't look as interesting as I thought, but it's just one trailer.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joeyoe31

Never thought that Capcom would make a game based on the Monster Hunter fan base outside of Japan.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeF

@Joeyoe31 said:

Never thought that Capcom would make a game based on the Monster Hunter fan base outside of Japan.

Capcom is only publishing.

Podunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Podunk

Glad to hear it's coming to the PC, I was under the impression it would be exclusive to consoles, if it ever came out at all. Whatever the case I'm glad to finally hear more about it, and I'm surprised that Capcom's the publisher.

I'm kind of a sucker for cyberpunk, but I'm still hoping it's a quality game. The concept art released last year(?) had Blade Runner written all over it, and even a bit of Ghost in the Shell.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Edit: Just watched the trailer. I've seen that haircut before!

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Wow, alright, I'm in.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joeyoe31
    @DeF Publish my bad.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By FLStyle

Looks interesting, I hope it's got a well-written plot to back it up.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jack268

but where are the Monster Hunter news that were coming "veeeery" soon?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShadyPingu

It certainly looks cool. You've got my attention.

Also, female protagonist. Nice.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By jacksukeru

I digged the music in that trailer. Haven't really seen enough to make any sort of judgement but it could be cool.

The memory exchanging thing has definetly been done before, but it also isn't even close to being overdone.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy

The combat looks a little Arkham to me. Love it!

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Nentisys

Looking forward to it.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jack268 said:
    lol 
    jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jewunit

I like the look of the environment and the "memory remixing" looked neat. I am looking forward to watching the Twitch stream on Wednesday.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched the gameplay trailer and wow!
    Ok, my first thought was "Guess Capcom is scared of Watch Dogs so they make their own version" but the game looks pretty solid.
    I'm in.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By BoG

I like this. The setting looks spectacular. It's going to suffer from all of Assassin's Creed's problems of conspicuous characters who have the uncanny ability to walk and climb around without being noticed, but whatever. I may play it just for the atmosphere.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AngelN7

@BoG said:

I like this. The setting looks spectacular. It's going to suffer from all of Assassin's Creed's problems of conspicuous characters who have the uncanny ability to walk and climb around without being noticed, but whatever. I may play it just for the atmosphere.

Ezio is noticed by everybody they just don't do anything about it, they just stay there and talk just like in real life if some dude just starts to do some parkour/climbing stuff people would take pictures and talk about it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Bollard

@Jack268 said:

All they've said was "by the end of this year". But that was before GamesCon so people we're hoping...

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamjohn

It seems like a great concept and definitely has a neat look to it, but I'm getting the exact same vibe from that gameplay video as I did Star Wars 1313 - the best execution on those ideas you can come up with is a game that might as well be a more futuristic Assassin's Creed with puzzles where you're essentially doing what you would do in an Assassin's Creed game? They talk a big game and yet I've seen permutations on all these ideas before and the execution looks almost exactly the same as Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs and the like.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoG

@AngelN7 said:

@BoG said:

Ezio is noticed by everybody they just don't do anything about it, they just stay there and talk just like in real life if some dude just starts to do some parkour/climbing stuff people would take pictures and talk about it.

Considering that ACIII looks so cool, I should probably play ACII...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By BisonHero

This is all I can think of when I see the title:

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iamjohn

@BoG said:

@AngelN7 said:

@BoG said:

Considering that ACIII looks so cool, I should probably play ACII...

You really should. And Brotherhood is even better. Revelations is unnecessary, however.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By RVonE

I'm curious to see more of this game. I like the setting.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngelN7

Crap I didn't notice at first but I had the artwork of that game rotating as my desktop wallpaper for a while those weird robot sentries looked very familiar but I didn't from where.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By mosespippy

A game set in 2084 and yet no one is making Midnight Brown jokes. Future Evil Knievel is not pleased.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By rachelepithet

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RE_Player1

But what about the WiiU?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SamStrife

Looks like the type of game that shows great promise but can also be great to show one mission off and the rest of the game is samey. Mirror's Edge fell into this category and I've put Watch Dogs in there too.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Brendan

Wow, that girl is a dick.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Vexxan

Looks great, excited to see some new IP, and Mirror's Edge meets Deus Ex? I'm in!

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zaccheus

The concept is very intriguing. I hope it turns out well.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By BraveToaster

The gameplay trailer was interesting. I'll have to see more before I commit to the hype train.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Phatmac

Gmaeplay within the memory reminds me of Ghost Trick. I'm digging what I'm seeing so far.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By supamon

Color me intrigued! More and more sci-fi/futuristic games please!

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By Itwastuesday

Woah, it's ACTUALLY called Neo-Paris? I'M IN

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.