• 51 results
#1 Edited by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

UPDATE = heres 7 minutes of gameplay just click play! or if the player isnt showing up for some reason just go to the link below

http://www.twitch.tv//capcomunity/b/380890544?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=kotaku.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/22/capcom-reveals-new-ducktales-game/

so this is one of the reveals out of the way by capcom, this one is being developed by wayforward

word is that its a full on remaster of the original ducktales game.

heres the official trailer courtesy of @phatmac

word from polygon is that its releasing this summer for 1200 points and 15 bucks elseware. and word from joystiq is the remake includes a couple of new features such as a museum and "A MONEY BIN YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWIM IN!"

andddd im just gonna leave this here...

#2 Edited by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

according to joystiq, no platforms were announced, but they saw the xbox and kinect logo in the background,

very safe to assume this is a downloadable game for xbla and psn :P

#3 Edited by Ducksworth (659 posts) -
#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13128 posts) -

This is weird.

#5 Edited by Sgtpierceface (608 posts) -

YEEEEAAAAAAA

#6 Posted by mrfluke (5047 posts) -
#7 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@ducksworth: video is private, cant watch it

Fffffff, the video was open just minutes ago.

Confirmed for PSN/XBLA/WiiU eShop. Searching for another trailer.

#8 Edited by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Found the official trailer here:

#9 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Fixed.

#10 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Not excited for this. Nostalgia-reboots are for Kickstarter only.

#11 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

Does Darkwing Duck exist within the Ducktalesiverse? Can I play as that duck guy with the motorcycle wheel for legs?

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13128 posts) -

@phatmac: ...OK. Maybe I can get behind this. Why not? It's been awhile.

#13 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

So fucking bought.

#14 Posted by Svenzon (711 posts) -

The gameplay looks very similar to the NES games, maybe too similar. But hey, WayForward is a reliable studio and the world needs more Duck Tales, so I'm on-fucking-board!

#15 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

@svenzon said:

The gameplay looks very similar to the NES games, maybe too similar. But hey, WayForward is a reliable studio and the world needs more Duck Tales, so I'm on-fucking-board!

It's a remake of sorts, a mixture of old and new content or so I hear.

#16 Edited by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

This is such a weird thing happening, but I'm into it.

#17 Edited by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

word from polygon is that its releasing this summer for 1200 points and 15 bucks elseware.

#18 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

@svenzon said:

Is it not the exact same game just with rendered backgrounds and redrawn sprites?

Either way, GOTY!

#19 Posted by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

@ducksworth said:

@svenzon said:

Is it not the exact same game just with rendered backgrounds and redrawn sprites?

Either way, GOTY!

official word is that its a full remaster of the classic ducktales.

#20 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

That was pretty unexpected!

#21 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

@psylah said:

Does Darkwing Duck exist within the Ducktalesiverse? Can I play as that duck guy with the motorcycle wheel for legs?

Yes he does, and no, you can't (probably). BTW, his name is Gizmoduck.

#22 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@mildmolasses said:

@ducksworth said:

@svenzon said:

Either way, GOTY!

So it's more "Capcom reveals new Duck Tales game; Same as the old Duck Tales game."

#23 Edited by psylah (2161 posts) -

@skrutop said:

@psylah said:

PREORDER CANCELLED.

#24 Edited by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@mrfluke said:

@mildmolasses said:

@ducksworth said:

@svenzon said:

Either way, GOTY!

So it's more "Capcom reveals new Duck Tales game; Same as the old Duck Tales game."

yea, if i had the ability to edit topic titles i would have changed it to be capcom is releasing a hd remake of duck tales.

#25 Edited by bobafettjm (1387 posts) -

I am pretty excited to get this game. The gameplay of the original still holds up pretty well today.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (35803 posts) -

WOO-OOO.

#27 Edited by Butano (1728 posts) -

With Age of Empires 2 and now this getting HD-ified this year, I have no issue turning into my childhood self once again. GOTY will be tough between these two.

#28 Posted by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

As long as this has the Moon theme, i'm on board.

Also this may be appropriate for the occasion

#29 Posted by Daneian (1202 posts) -

They'd better have that awesome moon level theme song.

#30 Posted by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -

SO STOKED

#31 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

I'll need a new pair of pants...

#32 Edited by Pr1mus (3777 posts) -

I never played the game but DuckTales is one of my favorite cartoon from my childhood.

#33 Edited by Scrawnto (2433 posts) -

MOOOOOOOON!

I'm frickin' chuffed!

#34 Posted by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

I never played the game but Ducktales is one of my favorite cartoon from my childhood.

#35 Posted by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

from joystiq

Update: DuckTales Remastered is actually a full remake of the NES game, with new features including a museum and "A MONEY BIN YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWIM IN!" So we've now solved that mystery, and rewritten history to reflect it.

#36 Edited by StarvingGamer (7911 posts) -

EDIT: Holy shit I can't remember the last time something hit my nostalgia button so fucking hard. This game defined my childhood.

@psylah said:

@skrutop said:

@psylah said:

PREORDER CANCELLED.

Blathering blatherskite!

#37 Edited by Svenzon (711 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

from joystiq

Update: DuckTales Remastered is actually a full remake of the NES game, with new features including a museum and "A MONEY BIN YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWIM IN!" So we've now solved that mystery, and rewritten history to reflect it.

Well, I'll gladly buy it still. The original is one of my favorite games on the NES of all time, so I sure don't mind an HD update, provided that it's good, of course. The NES game had so many nice little animation touches, like Scrooge's hat hovering the air for a moment when you crouch and the way he shakes when you try to hit something. It really captured the spirit of the show.

#38 Edited by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

added 7 mins of gameplay video

#39 Edited by Slag (3909 posts) -

Take my money Capcom.

#40 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Whaaaaaa! Way to go, Capcom. This is awesome!

#41 Posted by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

@svenzon said:

@mrfluke said:

from joystiq

Well, I'll gladly buy it still. The original is one of my favorite games on the NES of all time, so I sure don't mind an HD update, provided that it's good, of course. The NES game had so many nice little animation touches, like Scrooge's hat hovering the air for a moment when you crouch and the way he shakes when you try to hit something. It really captured the spirit of the show.

enjoy the nostalgia, heres 7 mins of gameplay from the HD remake

http://www.twitch.tv//capcomunity/b/380890544?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=kotaku.com

#42 Posted by Quarters (1624 posts) -

Gotta say, didn't see that coming. Never had an attachment to Duck Tales, but I know that I lot of people love it and have been wanting a comeback, so I'm happy for them.

#43 Posted by Icemael (6307 posts) -

This looks ugly as sin, I'd rather play the NES version. They should've just asked Disney to have their animators whip up some hand-drawn backgrounds and better sprites, I'd be so down for a Duck Tales remake that looked something like Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

#44 Edited by CountRockula (398 posts) -

I was really excited about this until I saw the trailer. It looks really terrible. The character sprites look okay, but everything else looks like complete garbage. I feel like I'm watching test footage where all of the background stuff is using placeholder assets.

#45 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I'm pretty cautious about these things ever since that Turtles in Time remaster.

#46 Edited by NegativeCero (2973 posts) -

I don't think I like the new look for it.

#47 Posted by mrfluke (5047 posts) -

I was really excited about this until I saw the trailer. It looks really terrible. The character sprites look okay, but everything else looks like complete garbage. I feel like I'm watching test footage where all of the background stuff is using placeholder assets.

I don't think I like the new look for it.

@icemael said:

This looks ugly as sin, I'd rather play the NES version. They should've just asked Disney to have their animators whip up some hand-drawn backgrounds and better sprites, I'd be so down for a Duck Tales remake that looked something like Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

remember to keep in mind folks, this isnt coming out till summer, so id have to imagine there is time for polish still.

#48 Edited by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

On the stream, they said what they're showing is from a pretty early version. I wouldn't get too worked up about the visuals.

#49 Edited by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -

Aaaaaaw man I though it would be like the old PC game :(

#50 Posted by Casey25 (138 posts) -

Well you can probably thank Chris Antista for this, he must have planned to pitch this to Capcom for years before being hired.