#1 Posted by Turambar (6484 posts) -

The Favorite Persona Awakening thread reminded me of the characters Joker and JOKER from Persona 2.    That in turn reminded of the characters Shiki and SHIKI from Tsukihime.  Does anyone else know of any characters, Japanese or other wise (but probably only Japanese because seriously, come on) that use such name capitalization?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34611 posts) -

All that thread did was remind me that I still need to play Persona 2. So no, I can't really recall any characters with capitalization stuff, as I don't think KOS-MOS really counts.

#3 Edited by Turambar (6484 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: Well, considering there is no kos-mos to go along with KOS-MOS, probably not.

Actually, this brings up a better question about this site's wiki system.  How would it differentiate those character names?  At least Joker and JOKER are aliases and have real names (Jun Kurosu and Tatsuya Sudou).  What the hell can be done with Shiki Tohno and SHIKI Tohno?
#4 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

I remember especially noticing this in the Pokemon games for some reason, and I think that's because there was a point when I felt it necessary to punctuate my own character's name. I was then surprised to find out that the names of other characters capitalized against mine and began to ponder why all the characters' and pokemons' names were capitalized by default.

@Turambar said:

@Video_Game_King: Well, considering there is no kos-mos to go along with KOS-MOS, probably not. Actually, this brings up a better question about this site's wiki system. How would it differentiate those character names? At least Joker and JOKER are aliases and have real names (Jun Kurosu and Tatsuya Sudou). What the hell can be done with Shiki Tohno and SHIKI Tohno?

Maybe just have a concept page for All Capitalized Proper Nouns if it doesn't already exist and attach it to those characters?

#5 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

I don't think Tatsuya Sudou HAS his own page, as it turns out; he should though!

voicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoices

#6 Posted by Turambar (6484 posts) -
@Animasta: He doesn't.  Neither does SHIKI.
#7 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

Pokemon.

Right?