Catching up! Some new games, and a few demos.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, sorry about not blogging for the past week or so, the internet got fixed-for now at least, we're changing some stuff again soon and it could get cut again- but i've managed to get quite a bit of gaming done in the past few weeks. Especially in Valkyria Chronicles, I've finally progressed past chapter 11 and I'm now quite close to the final few chapters, though I must say that when compared to the start of the game, the story is quite slow, especially when you compare it to the awesomeness that was chapter 14(or was it 13?) anyways, I'm really enjoying this game, and I can't wait to get to the end of it, because so far almost ever chapter has some plot twist at the end(chapter 11 being a real shocker!) which makes my jaw drop.

I also downloaded the Demos of Killzone 2, and Resident Evil 5, one I hated, one I liked. Let's start with the demo I didn't like...
RESIDENT EVIL 5, I know you've probably heard a million other people bitch about the controls, note that I've only had time to play it once, and I didn't enjoy what I played. I'm just not used to howthe game is played with a normal controller, and having the demo throw you into a level which clearly isn't from the begining of the game was a mistake I think. As it expects you to know the controls by then, I just got really confused, and then Sheva-that ammo stealing BITCH!-got killed by the guy with the big axe. I'm going to play it again today in co-op, and see how it goes from there. But I am not going to buy this game, though I will at the very least borrow it from a friend, because he's going to buy it.
Now onto the Killzone 2 demo, I'll admit the controls do seem a little weird at first, but after adjusting the sensitvity a bit, everything was great, I am really impressed with the game, and since they are selling it now(yes they broke the street date here!) I'm going to go buy it tonight, and I can't wait!

I also beat Saints Row 2, awesome game I think, though the last mission was slightly underwhelming, I freakin love the game! I'd also like to mention something about Flower, which I did buy a few days ago off the PS Store, though I did finish it in a few hours, the experience is mesmerising, and I loved every second of it, this game is nothing short of beautiful, and doubles as a pretty screensaver for my tv, but really, you have to experience this game, I don't think there's anything like it.
I do want to get Noby Noby Boy, but I'm still not sure, as I've only got 5 bucks in my wallet right now, if I do buy it, I'd have to go get another PSN card too. What do you think?

Also, school has been quite hectic, there have been a few issues with teachers this week, and I had some trouble with the yearbook club, someone hasn't handed out all the statement forms to all the students who are graduating, so now I have to get them printed and handed out all over again. I've also got to go to Chemistry and Literature boosters, which means I have to stay in school to 4.30 every tuesday, though I don't think Ill be going to chemistry boosters, because the teacher sucks. I'd rather go running with my buddies in running club. Other than that, I don't think there's much else I can talk about, I'll try to post my impressions of Killzone 2 once I get it-hopefully-tonight.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, sorry about not blogging for the past week or so, the internet got fixed-for now at least, we're changing some stuff again soon and it could get cut again- but i've managed to get quite a bit of gaming done in the past few weeks. Especially in Valkyria Chronicles, I've finally progressed past chapter 11 and I'm now quite close to the final few chapters, though I must say that when compared to the start of the game, the story is quite slow, especially when you compare it to the awesomeness that was chapter 14(or was it 13?) anyways, I'm really enjoying this game, and I can't wait to get to the end of it, because so far almost ever chapter has some plot twist at the end(chapter 11 being a real shocker!) which makes my jaw drop.

I also downloaded the Demos of Killzone 2, and Resident Evil 5, one I hated, one I liked. Let's start with the demo I didn't like...
RESIDENT EVIL 5, I know you've probably heard a million other people bitch about the controls, note that I've only had time to play it once, and I didn't enjoy what I played. I'm just not used to howthe game is played with a normal controller, and having the demo throw you into a level which clearly isn't from the begining of the game was a mistake I think. As it expects you to know the controls by then, I just got really confused, and then Sheva-that ammo stealing BITCH!-got killed by the guy with the big axe. I'm going to play it again today in co-op, and see how it goes from there. But I am not going to buy this game, though I will at the very least borrow it from a friend, because he's going to buy it.
Now onto the Killzone 2 demo, I'll admit the controls do seem a little weird at first, but after adjusting the sensitvity a bit, everything was great, I am really impressed with the game, and since they are selling it now(yes they broke the street date here!) I'm going to go buy it tonight, and I can't wait!

I also beat Saints Row 2, awesome game I think, though the last mission was slightly underwhelming, I freakin love the game! I'd also like to mention something about Flower, which I did buy a few days ago off the PS Store, though I did finish it in a few hours, the experience is mesmerising, and I loved every second of it, this game is nothing short of beautiful, and doubles as a pretty screensaver for my tv, but really, you have to experience this game, I don't think there's anything like it.
I do want to get Noby Noby Boy, but I'm still not sure, as I've only got 5 bucks in my wallet right now, if I do buy it, I'd have to go get another PSN card too. What do you think?

Also, school has been quite hectic, there have been a few issues with teachers this week, and I had some trouble with the yearbook club, someone hasn't handed out all the statement forms to all the students who are graduating, so now I have to get them printed and handed out all over again. I've also got to go to Chemistry and Literature boosters, which means I have to stay in school to 4.30 every tuesday, though I don't think Ill be going to chemistry boosters, because the teacher sucks. I'd rather go running with my buddies in running club. Other than that, I don't think there's much else I can talk about, I'll try to post my impressions of Killzone 2 once I get it-hopefully-tonight.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Optiow

Killozne 2 demo sounds sweet, was it a large download?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By maxszy

I am about to get into Saints Row 2 pretty soon, have had it sitting here shrink wrapped for about a month and a half. Got it on sale for $20 off at target awhile back, so couldn't pass it up. But I've had so much more to play since then that I haven't gotten around to it.

Anyway, good to hear the nice things about it!

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kilzombie

@Optiow: I think the demo was around 1.3 gigs, not really sure though.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Yeah, that final mission in SR2 blows pretty hard. Awesome game, though.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Xandurson

Congrats on all the gaming you got done. I completely agree with your stance on Resident Evil 5. Also, good luck with everything at school.

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By temperedvortex

Nice job with your progess in gaming! i havent beaten SR2 yet but I'm close, considering I am on the Ultor missions. I liked the RE5 demo but thats because I switched it to the RE4 controls and I felt right at home. As for killzone 2 I havent checked our the demo but I will soon