Cause of death?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
sometimesavowel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Obviously everyone close to Ryan deserves privacy during this trying time, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know how something like this can happen so suddenly. I need for this to make sense. :(

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They will share when the time is right. If it's a shock for us imagine how his family & friends feel. This is shock to everyone.

madman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They will release this info if and when they feel ready.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You're spot on, everyone deserves privacy at this time. So I'd push away your curiosity and focus on that.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I don't really think this is something that needs to come out. I don't really think it is necessary but if they release it then they release it. I'm not worried about Ryan's passing any longer but would much rather stay focued on his what he did with his life.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Once you enter the Meat Dimension, there's no coming back.

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeadPan

When people are ready to talk they will. I have my own suspicions but who fucking cares? Not my place to say it.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

It doesn't matter. No matter what the cause is it won't make this any less or any more tragic.

VanRedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

It is probably too raw for them right now. I lost both my mom in my late 20's and I just got a thousand yard stare when asked anything about it for close to a month.

QuaglarTheIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QuaglarTheIV

I think a lot of people are just wondering how the fuck this could happen.

Whatever those close to him decide to say or not I'm fine with.

I know it won't change a damn thing or make the pain hurt any less, but until there's an answer, the question keeps running through my mind... How the fuck could this happen?

Edit: That being said I think a thread dedicated to this topic is unnecessary. We'll all find out if that info comes to light and the forum should be full of Ryan love. The "I'm confused" thread got locked and this seems to be similar to that.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Dagbiker

@quaglartheiv said:

I think a lot of people are just wondering how the fuck this could happen.

Whatever those close to him decide to say or not I'm fine with.

I know it won't change a damn thing or make the pain hurt any less, but until there's an answer, the question keeps running through my mind... How the fuck could this happen?

Edit: That being said I think a thread dedicated to this topic is unnecessary. We'll all find out if that info comes to light and the forum should be full of Ryan love. The "I'm confused" thread got locked and this seems to be similar to that.

I agree, perhaps a stickied topic reminding everyone to be sensitive to everyone else when creating topics, and right now some topics that are not appropriate, such as who will "replace" Ryan (Spoiler: No one can replace Ryan), would be helpful. @rorie

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13 gamer_152  Moderator

I'm sure the staff are aware that there's a noticeable lack of information out there over this. If they want to tell us, they will, when the time is right, and if they don't, that's perfectly understandable.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By C0V3RT

Last night when I was explaining to my wife why I was so bummed, I told her the cause of death was either unknown or not disclosed. Her thought was that since he passed on July 3rd, and he was tweeting up until mid-afternoon, there likely wouldn't have been anyone available to do an autopsy until Friday at earliest (which would also explain the lack of obituary if he hadn't yet been released to a mortuary). It's just speculative and it's making me uncomfortable to talk about, so I'll stop. This all being said, I think if Ryan's friend's and family opt to keep this private, I would hope everyone respect their wishes and not probe or be jerks about it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I'm sure the staff are aware that there's a noticeable lack of information out there over this. If they want to tell us, they will, when the time is right, and if they don't, that's perfectly understandable.

I'd say they are more than aware, it seems intentional. If they don't want to say, that's cool. It's a personal thing.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@chavtheworld said:

@gamer_152 said:

I'd say they are more than aware, it seems intentional. If they don't want to say, that's cool. It's a personal thing.

Sorry, that's what I was trying to imply.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By N7

I don't feel good wanting to know how he died, but I do. It doesn't feel real to me.

Then again I was the one who stood next to my dad's body for hours not quite getting the fact that he wasn't going to get back up, so I guess it's not supposed to feel real at this point.

What an awful thing to have happened.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not relevant.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Davis family and Ryan's friends are under no obligation to ever disclose the nature of his death in a public manner if they so choose. It definitely feels like as a longtime member you deserve to know what happened but lets keep things in perspective here. In time, the cause of death is not really important or relevant. Focus more on preserving the memory of who he was and give those closest to them space and time to grieve.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@chavtheworld said:

@gamer_152 said:

Sorry, that's what I was trying to imply.

Don't apologise! I was just reinforcing what you said :)

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PollySMPS

I just want to say something about sudden loss and folks asking for answers.

Over the last two years, I've lost both of my parents to sudden, unexplained illness. During that time and after, I drove myself crazy, looking for clues in the last days of their lives, trying to find any hint or trace of an answer. I thought that if I could find out something, ANYTHING, it would somehow all make sense. The bottom line is that it won't. Death never does, especially sudden death.

So, I'd just like to ask a little civility toward those who are seeking answers. They're not trying to be morbid. What they're really asking for is for Ryan's passing to make sense. They think it will bring some sort of closure. It won't, and it's just a natural defense mechanism. I understand where they're coming from.

And to those seeking those answers, let it be. If they want us to know, they'll tell us. All we need to know right now is that someone very important to us all is now gone and we should spend that time celebrating the joy they brought us, remembering the days he didn't die.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By mrfluke
baltimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Guys, the cause of death may not yet be known. An autopsy can take a little while never mind a toxicology report. At this point all we can do is wait for someone to let us know.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#24 chaser324  Moderator

Family and friends will release this info if/when they feel comfortable doing so, and they deserve that courtesy of being able to deal with all aspects of this tragic event in their own time and on their own terms. Until then, please respect their right to maintain a little privacy on this matter.