cdkeys.com?

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good legit place to buy BF1 on PC for a decent deal. My go to is DL Gamer which is a legit non shady site and where I bought The Division for a great discount with no issues. Sadly, they're "out" of BF1 codes. I was wondering if http://www.cdkeys.com/deals is a similarly reputable site or not? Has anyone tried it? It's offering a very similar deal/discount for BF1, I just need to know if it's safe and not a shady key seller type thing like G2A.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Have used http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ many times before and never had an issue, they have BF1 pretty cheap now too.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't used the site much but I got Deus EX from them recently and had 0 issues

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I believe cdkeys is legit in the way that their keys are legitimate but from lower-cost regions. I might be wrong though, there's so many ways these sites cut their costs.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Personally, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable getting something there. But just having a brief look around online, I haven't seen any horror stories. If you are going to buy from them, I'd definitely suggest using Paypal instead of a card.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

I have bought a single game from there, Batman Arkham Knight. I had no problems with the process, but I don't ever buy anything else there so who knows.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm I think I'll use Pay Pal and give it a good old college try.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's this service called Origin that is quite safe to use ;)

It seems like a shady ass URL but I've heard it's reputable. Don't use your bank card if you're concerned.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like a shady ass URL but I've heard it's reputable. Don't use your bank card if you're concerned.

I can pay 60 for these sites or 80 on Origin.

LordGriegous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordGriegous

cdkeys is as legit as these key resellers go. I have used them in numerous occasions without any trouble whatsoever.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WynnDuffy

I haven't had a problem from any CD key website.

Do Microsoft really expect me to pay fifty fucking pounds for the standard PC version of Forza Horizon? Seriously? Shady markups like that is why I always check key sites first.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah have used cd keys multiple times never had an issue.

Buarpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought around 6 or so things off the site with no issues. They won't honor returns on games like steam would, but that's to be expected with a key reseller.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I bought The Last of Us, I think off of them a couple of years ago. No issues, so I can't speak to today, but in the past they were legit.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

I wouldn't trust 'em. Origin is actually run by a really shady organisation called "Electronic Arts" - a company that's been labeled as the worst company in America.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I've used cdkey.com for tons of titles (Mafia 3, Mirror's Edge, MKX,MGS V, Mad Max and... Bus Simulator 16) and never received a bummed cd-key or had my identity stolen. Two thumbs up.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

You'll get your keys, but I never feel good about buying from them. I would categorise them as less legit than GMG but more than G2A. They won't take your money and run.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, I used em. Fairly painless process and I'm downloading now, and with the 5 percent additional discount from liking their facebook page I got my copy for 59 Canadian, compared to just over 80 Canadian on Origin. If anyone else is looking for a bit of a deal and needs a place to buy I can say from my experience at least, worked great.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Captain_Insano

I've used them. I use ozgameshop as well. The difference is often $20 or $30 per game - not sure how much of that take goes to Valve or if the Devs are losing money but it's a significant enough difference for me to notice (for $5 or $10 I'd stick with Steam)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You'll get your Key as a jpeg of the back page of a manual, but I don't believe they're dodgy. I use them if I want a game I don't know if I will like from some years ago that still ain't reduced on steam. Bought Watch Dogs from there the other day for a fiver or so as it's still like £30 on steam. That game's not good.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use green man gaming a lot but never uswd cdkeys, just kinda iffy about them though they seem as legit as anything else.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By audioBusting

@captain_insano: I think ozgameshop is a UK retailer selling games and merch to Australia, so they're as legit as these things get since they're both generally considered EU. The differences in regional factors make the UK a little cheaper in a lot of cases. Valve's AU pricing in particular is just beyond stupid for whatever reason. CDKeys probably get their keys from like, Ukraine and Brazil or something, so they're a little more dodgy (and also generally cheaper).

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@audiobusting: I find it weird that they're UK based but are able to ship stuff for Aus for less than it costs to buy the stuff here.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@alexw00d: I also buy a lot of other items from them such as Board Games (though I try to support local retailers where I can - big price differences or availability are my main considerations) and those come fairly cheaply. I have to imagine that a lot of their stock is here in Aus anyway but that maybe it's cheaper to operate out of the UK? Or perhaps because they're shipping over so much all the time, it's cost efficient to ship items in bulk anyway?

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: All of their shipping rates seem crazy low. My best guess is that they're letting some of the shipping cost eat into their margin for marketing's sake, and for Australia they might have some bulk shipping deal figured out.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

You'll get your Key as a jpeg of the back page of a manual, but I don't believe they're dodgy. I use them if I want a game I don't know if I will like from some years ago that still ain't reduced on steam. Bought Watch Dogs from there the other day for a fiver or so as it's still like £30 on steam. That game's not good.

Yup, I've used them several times and never had an issue. As for the source of their keys being shady or not is yet to be determined but you will certainly get what you pay for.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are one of the leading key reseller/grey market video game stores. If you're fine with with the concept of the grey market, knock yourself out.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only used them for XBOX Live keys, but I've never had a problem with that. The extra authentication is a bit weird, but otherwise, they've been fine.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By zombievac

@sarnecki said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good legit place to buy BF1 on PC for a decent deal. My go to is DL Gamer which is a legit non shady site and where I bought The Division for a great discount with no issues. Sadly, they're "out" of BF1 codes. I was wondering if http://www.cdkeys.com/deals is a similarly reputable site or not? Has anyone tried it? It's offering a very similar deal/discount for BF1, I just need to know if it's safe and not a shady key seller type thing like G2A.

G2A isn't shady. It's just like an eBay or Amazon 3rd party seller program, so a FEW of the sellers were selling shady keys. But that could be easily avoided by choosing a seller with a great review score and lots of successful transactions. Sometimes you have to pay a few bucks more to use a reputable seller, but G2A itself is not shady.

Also, the rumor is that Valve are not only fully aware of these sites, but support their use in an unofficial way (so as not to piss off the publishers) - because they create a REAL economy for digital products, which don't sell nearly as well in most cases if they people with less income still have to pay the full $60 or whatever. So it creates a place for people to pay the price that other people pay in the rest of the world... most people in America are not rich, and I see it as pretty unfair that publishers set pricing for games based on the country, and not the actual income level of the buyer.

Basically, these sites have really helped the consumer. They get a place to buy games for less that they otherwise would have to not get or wait for a sale on, and it puts pressure on publishers to make Steam sale prices better, and also to reduce the cost of their games more quickly to capture those people who want the games but are not willing to part with the full retail price for them. Essentially, they create a true, free capitalistic marketplace for games, which has been sorely needed for a very long time now. Economics tell us that products sell best when the price is set by the demand in the marketplace, and not an arbitrary $60 for every game (which vary in quality, lenth, etc considerably - why should they all cost the same?)

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

As @hassun said I view them as Grey Market, which I try to shy away from. I've used them and G2A once and while the transactions went fine, I felt gross after. I tend to stick to Green Man and if they don't have a discount, just either wait or go to the legit outlet (Origin, Uplay, Steam, etc.)

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

@opusofthemagnum said:

I wouldn't trust 'em. Origin is actually run by a really shady organisation called "Electronic Arts" - a company that's been labeled as the worst company in America.

...by 4chan and the like lol.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like paying extra for no reason!

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sites themselves are usually just platforms. However some of those keys come from bad practices like people contacting developers as fake press to get codes. If you are ok with that, then that's fine. I personally used then once to get South Park Stick of Truth to circumvent censorship. I used it once to just get Random Keys and they were all bad. What I would suggest tho is never pay with an actual credit card. I'd rather pay with something like PayPal. I also always check if their checkout system or website in general is HTTPS encrypted and has a certificate issued by a valid Certificate Authority(CA). If it's Let's Encrypt it raises a bit of a flag, since anyone can get a cert like that, but at the same time scammers could pay for a good cert regardless. It's more of a way to filter out sites that don't try hard enough.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By stordoff

If it's Let's Encrypt it raises a bit of a flag, since anyone can get a cert like that, but at the same time scammers could pay for a good cert regardless. It's more of a way to filter out sites that don't try hard enough.

Getting a DV certificate is trivial and extremely cheap even if you don't use Let's Encrypt, so I can't imagine that being a useful filter (especially as many CAs have mis-issued certificates in the past).

helloryooooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've used CDKEYS and G2A multiple times and never had a problem!

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have used it to get Xcom 2 and it worked out just fine.