CESA Reveal It's Top Ten Amature Games

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

CESA, organizers of TGS and the Japan Game Awards, has announced its top 10 amateur productions for the year. The 10 entries were chosen from 237 projects submitted between March 16 and June 30. The contest was open to everyone, from students to the general public. The original 237 submissions went through two phases of judging, by Japanese game creators and editors of games publications, first through a video review, then through a play test. They were eventually narrowed down to 18. The final 10 will be rewarded specific prizes at the Tokyo Game Show.

They may well be games worth looking out for in the future. I think it will be interesting to see what the level of creativity is like among the indie community in Japan right now.

The 10 winning submissions are as follows:

•     I'm Qbe
  •     i DEARTh
  •     Oh! Nara de Go!!
  •     Genetos
  •     Shabon de Pon
  •     Chinmoku no Jishaku
  •     Bamboono
  •     Flare in the Incubus
  •     Painting Wear
  •     Hoshi Pocha

These ten games will be on display in playable form at the Tokyo Game Show. I hope some of the team are able to serve some feedback on them, if they head out there. - There's a rewards ceremony giving specific prizes to the games on the first morning, Jeff, & Co. 
Echoes221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Echoes221

I have no idea what these games are, but I'm sure we will find out by TGS 2009. 
I think this a good idea TBH, the gaming industry needs to find new fresh minds with ideas to increase the ammount of innovations in franchises and even to build completley new IP's.  Looking forward to seeing what these people bring to TGS, i'm sure some of it will be mad, but fun to play, and a few of them will probably be up for download through Steam or Xbox marketplace as I can't see them being completely full games that would go for full price....yet

codycody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By codycody

Where's Enviro-Bear 2000?  What the heck man!