Changing 3DS Mii settings?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey, so if you go back and edit your Mii on a 3DS, does it actually update that Mii in any games that use the Mii's appearance? Basically, is it actually referencing the original Mii every time you load up a game, or does it just pass all the appearance values once when you first load up the game and import your Mii?

Thinking of changing my Mii because my hair is a little different, but if it doesn't properly get passed along to whatever save files that already have it, I won't bother.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@bisonhero: I think so? I remember changing my facial features a while back, and it seemed to change my look in Streetpass Plaza. What game are you hoping to have it reflected in?

I know changing features on the Wii caused them to look different in Wii Sports.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@truthtellah: I remember way back in the early Wii days, I could swear I changed around a couple Miis, and they didn't automatically update in like...WarioWare Smooth Moves or Wii Play or something, so I'd have to like delete those Miis from the roster and then re-add them, which I never did but it bothered me.

Anyway, just tried it on the 3DS, and I loaded up Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and it properly pulled in the change I made. So it seems to have worked! Also Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is pretty endearing.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By TechHits

Yes, if you edit your mii the 3ds will update it for the games that use that mii. I touched up my mii about a week ago on the 3ds, and it uses my new mii.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TruthTellah

@bisonhero: I haven't played Rusty's Real Deal Baseball yet, but I already downloaded it and have most of its Streetpass tiles. heh.