Cheap Games Everyone Passed on to Check Now?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Any games that just about no one played that you think would be appreciated now at a much lower price?

I'll start

The Simpsons Game
---- pretty good.  Best appreciated for those with gaming knowledge (of cliches, what is everquest, etc.) and are Simpsons fans.
$10  The Ps3 version is $13, and the wii at $30ish. 

GRAW 2
----not sure if people played this or not, but there's not much talk about it.  The campaign is pretty okay, but the multiplayer is great. 
$10

Kameo
---- buy it. Really, do so.  The only fault is that it's relatively short, but for $10, who cares? 
$10

PGR4
--- why doesn't anyone mention this in the racing threads?  Perhaps it's because it's all about teh realism, but PGR is a fun racer.  And not that its a big deal, but PGR4 hasabsolutely sick graphics, especially when combined with the rainy weather effects.
$10

Crackdown
--- halo 3 ruined this game.  It became looked upon as "the halo 3 beta with game attached".  Although repeditive, crackdown was damn good.  Check it out
$10

Blue Dragon
---- it's a quality made game.  You may or may not like it.  I personally love it.  Just try it.  Please, do so.  You might be risking giving up what you could consider a AAA quality game
$13

Mass Effect
---- it's been reviewed good and it is good.  Why haven't you played it yet? >.>
$20

Orange Box
---- buy it.  Probably want to get TF2 on the pc though.  Portal and HL2 are great on the 360.  Just a point about the fact that its a ghost town for TF2. Okay, that exaggerated.  You'll find matches easily.  It's just, I dunno, doesn't feel... I dunno. 
$20

The Darkness
--- it's damn good.  Nice neat twisted feel to the game.  Should check it.  It's a 12 or so hour game and has broken multiplayer (it just sucks and lags).  Worth $20 though.
$20

Dead Rising
-- buy it
$20
* i know these are mostly 360 games, but that's because , well, take a look, 360 games are generally cheaper.  Post any freely.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Godwind

No thanks.  You have failed to play shovelware.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Word to wise about GRAW 2's multiplayer. If you play now, you will be DESTROYED.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By azteris
Godwind said:
"No thanks.  You have failed to play shovelware."
I dislike Smug as much as anyone, but what does this even mean? Are you insinuating all of the above games are shovelware?
Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Wow, didn't know Crackdown had gone down to 10 bucks, now I know what to get my brother for his b-day ;)

GRAW 2 is really fun as well, I highly recommend it.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By TheJollyRajah

For PSP, I've seen some stores sell Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles for 10 bucks. That's a steal if you ask me. You get three games in one - the Rondo of Blood remake, the original Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night for a dirt cheap price. Seriously, one of the best deals of the century.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

I agree that all of those games are well worth a look at those prices.  Doesn't work for me though as local prices are much higher.  I did get Mass Effect for $25 ($16 US) and Blue Dragon for $35 ($22 US).  I was happy with that.  I am not overly interested in the other games, but given the right price, I would buy them.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godwind
Azteris said:
"Godwind said:
I dislike Smug as much as anyone, but what does this even mean? Are you insinuating all of the above games are shovelware?"
You cannot call games "good" until you play the shitty games to make a fair shake of comparison.

The only exception is if you play the Castlevania series, the crowning pinnacle achievement of human contribution to man.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I love how 360 games drop in price so quickly. Their games get price drops faster than any console I can think of.

I fully recommend The Darkness, Crackdown, Kameo, and the Orange Box. I tried the demo of The Simpsons game, Dead Rising, and played Mass Effect for like an hour. I wasn't really digging any of those ones, but I think with a little more patience I might just learn to really like them.

Avatar image for deactivated-593d63ef3d1cf
deactivated-593d63ef3d1cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of those games are under 10$ if you buy it from Ebay :). I recommend Condemned: Criminal Origins and the sequel Condemned 2.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By get2sammyb

I bought Fifa 09 for really cheap and it's the best football video game I've ever played. I can't believe how much EA improved over night. I'd love to check out The Simpsons game actually. I really liked the demo for that. It's a bit wonky but it seemed pretty clever.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool
get2sammyb said:
"I bought Fifa 09 for really cheap and it's the best football video game I've ever played. I can't believe how much EA improved over night. I'd love to check out The Simpsons game actually. I really liked the demo for that. It's a bit wonky but it seemed pretty clever."
It's the old price versus entertainment ratio isn't Sammy?  Not enough fun for $70, plenty of fun for $20, massive fun for $10.  If I could, I would make you a graph.  On the left is price and the bottom is fun.  I like graphs :-)

I never ever buy sports games (not car racing), but if I see one for $10 and I know it reviewed well - what the hell, it's only $10 at stake, what have I got to lose ($10, I said it already)?  The Simpsons is a $20 game.  I like the Simpsons, but I know the game will have a limited play life.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By OmegaPirate
get2sammyb said:
"I bought Fifa 09 for really cheap and it's the best football video game I've ever played. I can't believe how much EA improved over night. I'd love to check out The Simpsons game actually. I really liked the demo for that. It's a bit wonky but it seemed pretty clever."
Will have to take you out onto the pitch and show you how to play sometime sammy :P
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By carlthenimrod

You can pick Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n' Boltz for only $20 now.

http://www.amazon.com/Banjo-Kazooie-Nuts-Bolts-Xbox-360/dp/B0019MLWL4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240143959&sr=8-1

Also, anybody know online where I can get Kameo for $10? I try not to go to GameStop for obvious reasons. :D

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

See, I could buy these relatively old games for cheap, or I could buy older and better games for cheaper.

Mass Effect's pretty ace, though.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive

i would play a game like graw 2. does it have a no respawn mode?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Jayge_

The Darkness is like 6 bucks on Amazon, genius.

Everyone with a PSP has no excuse for not picking up Dead Head Fred.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
carlthenimrod said:
"You can pick Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n' Boltz for only $20 now.http://www.amazon.com/Banjo-Kazooie-Nuts-Bolts-Xbox-360/dp/B0019MLWL4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240143959&sr=8-1Also, anybody know online where I can get Kameo for $10? I try not to go to GameStop for obvious reasons. :D"
Umm...that's sort of in the original post, talking about kameooldschool said:
"get2sammyb said: It's the old price versus entertainment ratio isn't Sammy?  Not enough fun for $70, plenty of fun for $20, massive fun for $10.  If I could, I would make you a graph.  On the left is price and the bottom is fun.  I like graphs :-)

I never ever buy sports games (not car racing), but if I see one for $10 and I know it reviewed well - what the hell, it's only $10 at stake, what have I got to lose ($10, I said it already)?  The Simpsons is a $20 game.  I like the Simpsons, but I know the game will have a limited play life.
"
?  Is know one going through the post? at newegg the simpsons is $10

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I might get Blue Dragon, I already played all the other games, but damn those are some good prices.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By dsplayer1010

I thought Mass Effect sold well

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21  Edited By the8bitNacho
Godwind said:
"Azteris said:
"Godwind said:
I dislike Smug as much as anyone, but what does this even mean? Are you insinuating all of the above games are shovelware?"
You cannot call games "good" until you play the shitty games to make a fair shake of comparison.The only exception is if you play the Castlevania series, the crowning pinnacle achievement of human contribution to man. "
...what?  People like you ruin forums.  Go die.
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Crono
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Godwind
Kombat said:
"Godwind said:
"Azteris said:
"Godwind said:
You cannot call games "good" until you play the shitty games to make a fair shake of comparison.The only exception is if you play the Castlevania series, the crowning pinnacle achievement of human contribution to man. "
...what?  People like you ruin forums.  Go die."
Silencing others?  That sounds like a real contribution to the forums.

Though, some the choices aren't bad choices as all.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, those are some fine games for those prices. Dead Rising, Mass Effect and The Orange Box are definitely worth their price, as well as most of the $10 games, because, hey, they're $10.

Godwind said:

"Kombat said:
"Godwind said:
"Azteris said:
"Godwind said:
...what?  People like you ruin forums.  Go die."
Silencing others?  That sounds like a real contribution to the forums.Though, some the choices aren't bad choices as all."
Ok, you got to get yourself together, Godwind. Sometimes you are tolerable but it is the times like these that people can sense a troll lurking. And, yes, Smug is a lesser troll than you....at least in this thread.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zitosilva

These are pretty attractive prices. But, unfortunately, this site only ships within the US.

Foxdemon2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Foxdemon2k

That is a good list of games!

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kinarion

Not to change the subject, but what's the beef with Smug about?  Is there some history I'm missing?

I'm still waiting for STALKER to be $10 again...

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sfighter21

So, I saw mercs 2 for the ps3 for only 20 bucks today, is that worth it?  I know about it being buggy and all, so does $20 do it justice?