• 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

Hurray for more random questions, well anyways, what was your cheapest video game purchase ever? or post what was your best video game purchase you got for free. My cheapest purchase was Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, got it for I think $8 at a garage sale. The only thing I got for free was a gamecube memory card, my friend wanted to say goodbye to me before he moved, so we played on my gamecube, and when we hugged and said bye, he forgot it in the slot, kinda feel bad not giving it to him, but hey, at least I had a really good need for speed 2 save. : D

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Green Day: Rock Band on the PS3 for the low price of free at Comic-Con. I don't have a PS3 though.

#3 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

XIII on PC for £3 a few months back.

#4 Posted by Linkin10362 (602 posts) -
Sneak King for the price of two Whoppers and a medium fry.
#5 Edited by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

A N64 and 12 games for 5 SEK which according to Google is 0.705985 U.S. dollars.

#6 Posted by shanchett99 (167 posts) -

Guilty Gear Accent Core wii for 3 bucks
 also, bridget's the hottest chick in the game

#7 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -

Audiosurf for $2, probably. 
 
Other stuff from Steam sale for ~$3.

#8 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2007 posts) -

Bought the first Dark Cloud, awhile back, New for $1. It was technically mislabeled as something else, but I got one of my favorite games that I lost, for $1.06. I also bought Valkyria Chronicles (again, mislabeled) for $7.35. 
 
Life is good. 

#9 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Dark Sector for $3 new. Best $3 I've ever spent. Not an amazing game, but pretty solid overall.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Rock Revolution. Brand new. $5.

#11 Posted by Ubertron987 (33 posts) -

Tribes 2 for a buck.
#12 Posted by mattbirdy1986 (107 posts) -

Universe At war £0.25 pence 

#13 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

Stacks of 2600 carts at $0.25 a pop.

#14 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Deadly Dozen: Pacific Theatre for £1. I would have paid alot more for this game had I needed to.

#15 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -
Deus Ex for PS2, Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, and Sly. All for around $5.
 
Never popped Deus Ex or Ratchet in. I finished up the Jak and Sly trilogies...both were awesome minus the second games, which were still good. 
I bought the regular edition of MGS2, but the guy at Gamestop accidently gave me Substance. And that purchase made me a Metal Gear fanboy. I played the original, but way after it was new, so it didn't have the same effect. MGS2 blew me away, and is to this day one of my favorite games of all time. I bought 3, which was out at the time. And then I bought the limited edition of MGS4, even though I didn't have a PS3. It took a year and a half for me to get the PS3, though I did play through MGS4 at a friend's, in really long chunks. I have a lot of Metal Gear stuff, and it all started with that $5 purchase.
#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Alien Swarm for free.  For actual money, shadowrun for $5.
@Xtrememuffinman
said:

" Deus Ex for PS2, Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, and Sly. All for around $5. Never popped Deus Ex or Ratchet in. I finished up the Jak and Sly trilogies...both were awesome minus the second games, which were still good.  I bought the regular edition of MGS2, but the guy at Gamestop accidently gave me Substance. And that purchase made me a Metal Gear fanboy. I played the original, but way after it was new, so it didn't have the same effect. MGS2 blew me away, and is to this day one of my favorite games of all time. I bought 3, which was out at the time. And then I bought the limited edition of MGS4, even though I didn't have a PS3. It took a year and a half for me to get the PS3, though I did play through MGS4 at a friend's, in really long chunks. I have a lot of Metal Gear stuff, and it all started with that $5 purchase. "
You should seriously try Deus Ex...amazing game. 
#17 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

When my sister wanted chu-chu-rocket for the dreamcast the guy in the shop laughed and just gave her it. Plus that game is fun as hell 

#18 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -
@tofford said:
" When my sister wanted chu-chu-rocket for the dreamcast the guy in the shop laughed and just gave her it. Plus that game is fun as hell  "
I wouldn`t know if I would be pissed off or really happy
#19 Posted by Ben (31 posts) -

I bought Planscape: Torment at a thrift store for two dollars. The discs (it's the 2-disc version) were in perfect condition. Just didn't have a manual or art on the jewel case. I consider those acceptable loses, considering the price.
 
Not the cheapest though, I've bought pointless 2600 games for around 50 cents apiece. I also bought a fairly beat up copy of Alpha Centauri from the same thrift store I got Torment from. It was only 79 cents, but it didn't have a case or anything. Mostly just bought it because I felt like it. Never tried to see if it would actually play (I doubt it).

#20 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

old gameboy game on ebay for .99 cents no shipping lol

#21 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -
Persona 3 FES for 8.99 new. Fantastic, seeing as I've sunk well over 100 hours into it.
#22 Edited by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

Unreal Tournament 2 (or Championship 2, can't remember) brand new for £3 for the original Xbox. 

#23 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

TF2 for $2.49, A Link to the Past for $10 when the game was only a couple of weeks old, Red Faction: Guerrilla for $5, and 13 free Xbox 360 games that I've won in contests or have gotten through promotions.
 
edit: Oh, and a Playstation with controller, memory card, and all necessary cords was sitting in a "free" box on the curb a couple of years ago. I brought it home and discovered Final Fantasy Tactics inside. That was a good find.

#24 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

I was able to get Jet Set Radio Future for five bucks, two years ago.

#25 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

Silent Hill 4 for 5$, Canadian dollars nonetheless

#26 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I think I got Bloody Roar 2 for £5. I'd never heard of it, but it looked good and that's all I had.
 
I played it every fucking day; brilliant game.

#27 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Free copy of Dirt 2 through a Gamespot contest. Close second: Lego Island (back when I was about 6) for the low, low price of 1 cent (still not worth it). Close third: Morrowind Game of the Year (new) for about 7.50. Best deal ever, IMO.

#28 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

I got a Nintendo DS for $15. It's not my cheapest game purchase, but, that's the best deal I've ever gotten.

#29 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Bought X-Men: Mutant Academy 2 for £1. Technically, I got Heroes of Might and Magic III for 50p-best purchase you could ever buy.

#30 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Morrowind on the Xbox for $5 a few years ago.
#31 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6192 posts) -

Found a copy of Morrowind on the Xbox at a garage sale for a $1, in like new condition.  Awesome.

Moderator
#32 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

A Dreamcast at a garage sale with 3 2k sports (oh boy) games for 5 bucks. It even worked!

#33 Posted by TwoLines (2810 posts) -

Three bucks for Puzzle Quest when it was still pretty new.
I could also buy Fable, Painkiller Black Edition and Jade Empire for the same price- 3 bucks.
I wish I did. Although I already have Painkiller, which I bought for 9 bucks when it was brand new.
That's how much it cost in Poland, cause it was a polish game.
Thanks People Can Fly! You're awesome.

#34 Posted by Jet16 (5 posts) -

Jade Empire for 1 cent. It was an obvious error as the game was barley a year old at the time, but the employee at Best Buy let it slide for some awesome reason.

#35 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@Jet16 said:

" Jade Empire for 1 cent. It was an obvious error as the game was barley a year old at the time, but the employee at Best Buy let it slide for some awesome reason. "

When strategy guides get old they often change the price in the system to a penny. Maybe someone accidentally pennied the game instead of the guide. The employee probably let it go because he planned to go get copies for himself and his friends as soon as his break started and didn't want a manager to get it fixed.
#36 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" Alien Swarm for free.  For actual money, shadowrun for $5.
@Xtrememuffinman
said:
" Deus Ex for PS2, Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, and Sly. All for around $5. Never popped Deus Ex or Ratchet in. I finished up the Jak and Sly trilogies...both were awesome minus the second games, which were still good.  I bought the regular edition of MGS2, but the guy at Gamestop accidently gave me Substance. And that purchase made me a Metal Gear fanboy. I played the original, but way after it was new, so it didn't have the same effect. MGS2 blew me away, and is to this day one of my favorite games of all time. I bought 3, which was out at the time. And then I bought the limited edition of MGS4, even though I didn't have a PS3. It took a year and a half for me to get the PS3, though I did play through MGS4 at a friend's, in really long chunks. I have a lot of Metal Gear stuff, and it all started with that $5 purchase. "
You should seriously try Deus Ex...amazing game.  "
Play the PC version though. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I remember it being free on Gametap. I don't know if it still is
#37 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -
#38 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@shanchett99:
Sorry to break it to you bud, but Bridget is not a chick.

#39 Posted by spaded (169 posts) -

my friend gave me £4 for a copy of far cry 2, so  i got £4 and a game,,, 
 
haha in the + 

#40 Posted by Jet16 (5 posts) -

Interesting bit of information, thanks for that.

#41 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

From what I can recall it was Crackdown on Ebay for £2.50

#42 Posted by csl316 (8665 posts) -

i get plenty of stuff on Amazon for under 5 bucks (not including shipping).  i've gotten some games from this generation for under a dollar, good times.

#43 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

2 bucks - Mirrors Edge PC

#44 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Game: Alien Swarm 
Price: Free

#45 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I picked up Rainbow 6: Vegas for the 360 for $2.58 during Gamestop's sale a couple of weeks ago. Other than getting screwed out of the Realistic Difficulty achievement at the end, I've enjoyed it more than most $60.00 games I've grabbed new.

#46 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

You're in the movies for 80p
I wanna be the guy, for free.. online

#47 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Audiosurf for 2 bucks. 

#48 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

I always overpay for games............

#49 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

Viking: Battle for Asgard for about five bucks. 

#50 Posted by Fruitcocoa (483 posts) -

I pretty much got an unopened The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past for five bucks. One of the best purchases for me personally.  :)