Cheat Codes In Games

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Ever since I was a kid, I've always used cheat codes for games. I didn't use them all the time, but whenever I got bored with a game I would use them. I remember always going on Cheatcc.com and looking up cheat codes for my favorite games. But it seems that in the current generation of consoles, cheat codes are almost non-existent. The last time I used a cheat code was when played Saints Row 2, a game that came out about 2 years ago. What games that came out recently that has cheat codes that also doesn't disable achievements/trophies and doesn't disable saving? What do you think about the death of cheat codes, or what do you think of cheat codes in general?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

I used Cheat Codes before. There are times where I just get stuck in a certain game. I just said to myself HECK WITH IT, I'M USING A CHEAT CODE!! Diddy Kong Racing and Clayfighter 63 1/3 especially. When my Gamecube memory card got corrupted and erased, I used a cheat code disc to help me get what I lost back for a few select games.

I AM NOT ASHAMED!!!

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Kahoona

A lot of the cheat codes seem to have turned in to DLC these days unfortunately.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hockeymask27
@Kahoona said:
" A lot of the cheat codes seem to have turned in to DLC these days unfortunately. "
Ya sadly that is how I feel.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MysteriousBob

I haven't used one since the PS1.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

It's why I still love playing PC games.  They will always have that extra level of fun you can make yourself after (or before, sup Doom) on top of the regular game.  Soo many fun and dishonest hours with Deus Ex...
CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CaptainUseless

I only use cheat codes for alternate costumes. Never for invincibility or stuff like that.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By mordecaix7
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"What games that came out recently that has cheat codes that also doesn't disable achievements/trophies and doesn't disable saving? What do you think about the death of cheat codes, or what do you think of cheat codes in general? "
As far as I know, unless it's a glitch, all "cheats" turn off achievements and saving.  If they allowed that, then achievements wouldn't really be "achievements" would they?  Good developers use achievements to add replay value, to challenge you to think outside the box and try new things.  Personally, I don't mind that cheats have kind of gone away.  I never used them unless they were artificial like Big Head Mode in Goldeneye 007.  I do miss Big Head Mode... more games should have a Big Head Mode....
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm saddened by the death of cheat codes. Not that I used them too much at any point, but just knowing they're pretty much gone is sad. 

Ahh, the good ole days of game genie. (and of course standard button combo cheats)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

cheats are so last decade